have a second language?

Conkzerton

Mar 20, 2010
I speak french and german pretty well, hoping to carry them on at uni and start italian. From there spanish should be easier to pick up, and I want to learn japanese eventually, since I feel pretty guilty only knowing a couple of european languages. I want to know them all!
I love languages.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
micky said:
awesome, im sorry to say but u dont know were that is
There you have it. [http://maps.google.se/maps?q=f%C3%A4r%C3%B6arna&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=F%C3%A4r%C3%B6arna&gl=se&ei=bLofTOG_JI-fONm8vJEM&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA]

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
I'm Finnish and every Finnish is forced to study Swedish(Not that I minded that much). I also know English and Germany.

Cutethulhu

Jun 2, 2010
I can speak a smattering of German, but my grammar would probably make most native German-speakers cringe and/or vomit.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
Hlain said:
micky said:
awesome, im sorry to say but u dont know were that is
There you have it. [http://maps.google.se/maps?q=f%C3%A4r%C3%B6arna&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:sv-SE:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=F%C3%A4r%C3%B6arna&gl=se&ei=bLofTOG_JI-fONm8vJEM&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQ8gEwAA]
wow how did i miss that big of an island, now i know!

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
I speak Dutch as a first language, I used to speak German and French fluidly, understand Italian, read Greek, Spanish and Latin and I hope to one day add Japanese and Russian to that list.

Also, is spelling something in Army-style lettering considered a language these days?

micky

Apr 27, 2009
De Ronneman said:
I speak Dutch as a first language, I used to speak German and French fluidly, understand Italian, read Greek, Spanish and Latin and I hope to one day add Japanese and Russian to that list.

Also, is spelling something in Army-style lettering considered a language these days?
no but i dont know anything else

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
As an American my second language (Italian) is dodgy at best, as much as you learn from high school and college requirements. I can conjugate a few tenses and can probably recognize a couple hundred nouns. I'm not fluent at all though. I can read and write reasonably, but speaking is too fast for me. Dialect also kind of sucks.

Pronouns are the devil though. Seriously.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
English?
Because Hungarian is my original?
And I can speak much more clearly and convincingly in English >.>
Im also learning Russian ATM.

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
English is my first language and I'm still in high school learning French. Well, not anymore, I'm having a language-free 12th year next year so hopefully my french doesn't deteriorate. I can hold a conversation but I don't know enough verbs.

Kinda sad how here in north america speaking more than 2 languages is a feat while in Europe most of you seem to be able to speak almost 4. Makes me wanna go to sweden now :p