Have you ever been called out by your Username?

Mar 28, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Most people read it as

Pimppeteer2, like "Musketeer"

Or so I'm told.
Wow, I'm shocked to see that it's not spelt that way.
OT: Yeah once, I misspelt "Knopfler" in my username, which is really sad considering I knew it was spelt that way, just had a brain snap.

Undeadpope

Feb 4, 2009
Talks to the name I pretty much take everywhere on the internet with me(Undeadpope),if someone says the word "Pope"(which is how people generally refer to me),wheather they are actually talking to me or not,I response as if they called my name.

Not many people actually call me Pope though,but everyone knows that I use undeadpope for just aboot everything.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
If you mean tried to pronouce it? Yes. And failed? Yes (german guys seem to pronounce the last part as 'meh' rather than 'mek')

If you mean asked about why particularly this? Yes. All the time V_V. I have big feet, and I made this username for runescape when I was 10. Stuck to it ever since.

Xelt

May 11, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Yeah, people ask me if it's my real name or not and what the 93 means.
What does the 93 mean!?

OT: No one has ever commented on mine

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, although it's usually:

"OMG NERD GET A LIFE"

or
"why do you have that nickname"

Although i do get called 'darth' or just 'darthdude' online alot.

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
I use my username quite alot, also on Steam. So when I play Gmod I usually get called like that. Mostly just asking me if I'm a robot from the future liking Sega and all.

IRL? Never. But if you count the numerous times StarStruckStrumpets called me up by nickname via MSN, then yeah.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Nobody's ever messaged or mentioned anything about my name before. I do get the occasional PM about my Avatar however.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Nope, but I have been messaged here about my avatar a few times (mostly with compliments, thanks y'all).

monkey jesus

Jan 29, 2009
I once had every player on a left4dead server change their names to -jesus. We all had a good laugh until I told them monkey jesus was my real name, then they thought I was weird :)

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
I have often been messaged on Xbox live, most of the messages being along the lines of "what?"

Also, been called Lemon a lot in real life too.

Kingshadow6

Dec 25, 2008
Back when I played a lot of CS:S, I played on a server with a lot of guys with "shadow" in their name. At one point, some squeaker piped up "If anyone is the king of shadows, it's me!". About 30 seconds later, I knifed him to death; he ragequit. Much praise was had, because I was famous for my terribad knifing ability.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Not me personally, my clan tag has (404). "Yo, 404 shoot that fool!" That made me chuckle. On a related note, a have a friend called Jack whos gamer tag is along the lines of SnipE. Ive called him snipe ever since i added him, i cant remeber the last time i called him by his real name.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
FargoDog said:
Nope. Someone told me it was spelt wrong on Xbox Live however. That was a strange child.

People on here have asked me about it on Formspring though, if that counts.
good to encounter you again mate dog fo sheezy....anyway no i have not.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I was informed by a fellow forumite that it was really confusing when I first showed up here because every time I posted something he thought it was by another guy called 'Anarchemetis'.

Which is fair enough, I suppose it is remarkably similar.

I've since not seen Anarchemetis about...

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
I've had...one, at most two people recognise it from the Eisenhorn trilogy, but the only time people really ask me about my username(s) is in real life. Probably because I've met way too many people from the internet.