Have You Ever Been On TV? What For?

PegLeg-G

Jun 7, 2010
When I was 12 I went on a kids game show called "Now You See It." A few people from my school did, but for some reason I was the only one who was recognised as "that kid on TV"

Oneirius

Apr 21, 2009
I have been on some movies, some of which were actually watched by living humans :D
But the only time, I think, I have been on TV was when I was like nine years old, and they interviewed my sort-of-politician grandfather about one thing or another. I sat on his knees.
Real superstar, I am.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
People saw me on TV once when some people were recording something at my school. I was just walking past to my next lesson.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
As an extra in a commercial and also saying, "Don't change the channel we'll be right back".

My brother is a local artist and appear on TV and newspapers on regular basis.

manliestofmen

May 31, 2010
I was on the news during the 2010 winter olympics' closing ceremony during one of the crowd shots.i take up the top right of the screen, and im cheering like a drunk retard.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
TehIrishSoap said:
In Ireland, If You Appear On TV, Everyone You Know Bundles Into Your Living Room.
In Soviet Russia, TV appears on you!

Now we know where the Teletubbies come from.

OP: The BBC once did a thing about how Outdoor Activity Centres were becoming more popular when I was at an activity centre. I wasn't interviewed, but I did get a chance to display some FINE Archery skills.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Well I remember myself and the rest of my secondary school, doing an introduction for channel 4.

There was a crane, where the camera was brought up and we were made to stand in a line, so we spelt out channel 4.

We were told to watch out for it, but I never saw it.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Yes but I worked in TV for a while so it tends to happen. Just cable stuff really.

As a bystandard? I was in the audience of a couple of shows. Like Jon Stewart's old show (before he had the Daily Show but after he had the mtv show) and stuff like that. I remember watching that night too and all you saw was the back of my head and the girl I was with.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I've been seen on local news at the iMax premiere of The Dark Knight, not interviewed or anything, but the camera man did a quick sweep of the crowd.

dinkin

Aug 13, 2009
I did a thing on Nick at Night once that was called the Nick at Night Road Crew. They went around the country and "fulfilled people's life-long dreams". Mine was apparently to drive an old west steam engine.

Amusing story of how I got the gig: I wasn't the original guest. Apparently, the day before filming, the guy that was supposed to do it fell out of a tree and broke both of his arms. In a scramble, the folks in charge contacted the local community theater and I was called in.

It was fun, I actually drove the train, and I was just recently recognized by a rather attractive young lady (god only knows how she saw it) who then asked me to sign her chest. WIN!

zakski

Mar 24, 2009
Furburt said:
I was on RTE 2 for a TV show or other, for a reviewing slot, due to my being on a national film festival. I was on twice, and reviewed The Good The Bad and The Weird (An insane Korean remake of The Good etc. set in 1930's Manchuria), which I enjoyed, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which I did not like.

It was pretty damn cool. TV studios look a lot smaller than they are.
It was funny, very funny watching you up there

major28

Feb 25, 2010
i was on the radio for a while doing an interview with the dj and then i played harmonica for while it was pretty sweet

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I was in a giant crowd spot at last years Race for the Cure, a 5 mile walk/run downtown to support breast cancer awareness and research. I saw it on the news later that day and picked myself and my friends out of the huge crowd.

Maybe I'll see myself again this year.

KindOfnElf

Mar 15, 2010
Had a couple interviews, took part in few shows about my concerting, me being violin player and all. One of it was going live, and oh my God the fear I felt. It shortened my life for 10 whole years. But I was young and not yet experienced at the time... later on I learned how to have fun in front of the camera.