Have you ever felt a deep, personal hatred towards an NPC?

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
mirror said:
I didn't HATE The Boss in MGS3, but after watching her kick Snake's ass like, four times, it was a little satisfying to get revenge.
I agree, whenever I replay the game and get to the bit where that placid ***** is lying there all "Kill me snake, for our love is one deeper tha-" im like
"I just shot you in the face with a dragonov like, ten times! Why wont you die!"
"-and then I will be free from this mortal coil, now snake, it may pain you to kill me-"
"It bloody does not"
"-you must put me to rest. Goodbye snake, I have given you everything I can, now you must take my life..."
"About fuckin time!"
'long dramatic pause...' pow
"Thats it? Thats all I get to do? One shot to the head? I was pressing the fire button like crazy yet all I get is a single blow? So lame. I wish I were Kratos, when he kills a basterd he really puts em down." By which point in the rant the Russian migs have blown me up but you know, some things are just worth saying.

Xiorell

Jan 9, 2010
A lot of the NPCs from Fallout 3. I just wanted to kill so many people in that. I didn't most of the time, not coz I was playing AS a good guy (not intentionally anyway), just didn't seem in keeping with how I was playing.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yureina said:
Rendon Howe in Dragon Age Origins. I wish the game let me kill him in more ways than just what was scripted. Give me Fallout 3's freedom to murder! :eek:
But it's Tim Curry... How can you hate Tim Curry?

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Mainly when they have a horrible voice actor. I go through the game thinking please can I kill them please, please YES! Boss battle.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Sacman said:
Yureina said:
Rendon Howe in Dragon Age Origins. I wish the game let me kill him in more ways than just what was scripted. Give me Fallout 3's freedom to murder! :eek:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.236132-Rei-plays-Dragon-Age-Origins

[Img_Inline Width="450" Caption="This character's only redeeming quality is that he is voiced by Tim Curry" align="center"]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2958/r2ss6.jpg[/Img_Inline]

That sums up my opinion, as it did then. ;P

Cab00se206

Jul 9, 2008
I'm playing Fable 3, and I've just become Queen of Albion. Now, when I walk around Bowerstone Industrial, there's a little kid who shouts out: "There goes the Queen! Or, as Dad says, the big cheese!" I admit, I did chuckle a little at that when I first heard it, but I heard it again the next time I went through. And again. And again. And again. It got to the point that I was hearing it every few seconds as I ran through Bowerstone Industrial as quickly as possible. What? Is this little pissant teleporting around Bowerstone just to repeat his lame-ass sound bite, like he wasn't sure I heard it the first time? It got to the point that I was seriously trying to identify which of the little obnoxious knee-high fuckers this kid was, so that I could trot him out to Millfields and watch him get devoured by Balverines. Why can't you kill kids again in this game? He was worse than those gnomes. At least their abuse is funny and intentional instead of being fucking irritating.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
SimuLord said:
Alistair Tenpenny. Man, is it ever satisfying to blow his fool head off.
After he handsomely rewards you with a house?

OT: Dad, honestly, I was so gutted I didn't get to blow his head off. He shouldn't have left 101 silly person!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yureina said:
Sacman said:
Yureina said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.236132-Rei-plays-Dragon-Age-Origins

[Img_Inline Width="450" Caption="This character's only redeeming quality is that he is voiced by Tim Curry" align="center"]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2958/r2ss6.jpg[/Img_Inline]

That sums up my opinion, as it did then. ;P
Lol I must have missed that review...<.<

Now that I think about it I hate that smug bastard too... with all of his kingdom betraying, parent killing, child torturing ways...

though...
I didn't hate him as much as Loghain... I couldn't hit that kill button fast enough, I'll tell you what...

I didn't care if he would have become part of my party if he lived... spoiler alert...<.<

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
This thread should be filled with Moira Brown.
I hate you Moira. I despise you. I want to put a frag mine in your mouth and watch you explode.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Sacman said:

Now that I think about it I hate that smug bastard too... with all of his kingdom betraying, parent killing, child torturing ways...

though...
I didn't hate him as much as Loghain... I couldn't hit that kill button fast enough, I'll tell you what...

I didn't care if he would have become part of my party if he lived... spoiler alert...<.<
Loghain was more interesting for me. He at least you could see had some sense behind his madness. He wasn't wholly evil, you know? :eek:

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
TerribleAssassin said:
SimuLord said:
Alistair Tenpenny. Man, is it ever satisfying to blow his fool head off.
After he handsomely rewards you with a house?

OT: Dad, honestly, I was so gutted I didn't get to blow his head off. He shouldn't have left 101 silly person!
I'd blow Tenpenny Tower clean off the map if I could. As it stands, I let Roy Phillips have his fun. The Ghoul Mask is eminently useful for keeping the Reavers and Glowing Ones off my ass in the Presidential Metro.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
marcogodinho said:
i´m going to pick...the fine people of New York City in Spider- Man 2.

Why the hell are they always falling from buildings? And balloons? Really?!
Probably this.

Or any ally in anything really.

Oblivions difficulty got so much harder when they gave you a partner and told you "don't let him die".

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yureina said:
Sacman said:

though...

Loghain was more interesting for me. He at least you could see had some sense behind his madness. He wasn't wholly evil, you know? :eek:
yeah he was trying to do what he thought was best for Ferelden but he was still an asshole who did his best to murder you at every turn... and for that offense he died... not as horribly as, say, Leland from Alpha Protocol but still horribly...<.<

Edit: Night night... I'm going to sleep now... -_-

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura. By Azura.

Blackvegie

Nov 16, 2009
When I played GTA 4, whenever I would pick Roman up, I wouldn't stop the car and just smash into him as hard as I could.

I didn't hate him, just found him annoying.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Once when I was playing Fallout 3 a random scavenger had a freakin' Fat Man! There was an oncoming rad scorpion, I had Dogmeat as my only partner, the idiot fired the nuke and killed them both.
To make matters worse he turned towards me and said "get out of here, this is my stuff."

I was playing as a good guy, but I had to shoot that guy in the head, and shoot off his limbs, and dump his torso in a nearby river, and take the fatman and fire it at his now floating midsection.
I reloaded the game and when I saw that guy again I wasted no time in killing him. Lost karma my ass!

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
JimJamJahar said:
I am really surprised nobody has actually mentioned the Adoring Fan from Oblivion yet. I mean, seriously guys, you're slacking
Well, I was just about to.
Like you, I'm surprised it took 31 posts before some one said it.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
HarmanSmith said:
Anybody working with you in the campaign of Black Ops. Apparently everybody missed the day in basic training when they teach you that you're supposed to shoot at the bad guys. Reznov can be forgiven for reasons that would require me to spoil the plot (which is already held together with scotch tape and elmer's glue), but I was ready to defect to the russians by the time I was halfway through the campaign.

Case in point: the part in the first Vietnam level where you come out on top of a hill and have to roll a bunch of napalm barrels into the trench below. I died over a dozen times because the NVA walked up the fucking hill, past the 5 guys who were supposed to be defending the hill, and shot me in the back. After playing that level, I wasn't surprised that we lost the Vietnam War.
Oh yes. Reznov was alright really, but the others...

And don't forget that bit when you carry Hudson into a trench, only for him to stand straight back up again, then run into battle?

Reversal: I didn't want to kill GLaDOS. I want to get my very own and install it in my house, minus the turrets.

Joshroom

Oct 27, 2009
The beggar ladies from Assassins Creed. My god, the amount of times when I was trying to be stealthy, you know, acting like an assassin should act, and those bloody women would just get in my way asking for coins. And the voice. Argghh. I really don't see why its a crime to stab them.