Have you ever had a dream about a game?

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
I dreamt that I got a 99 killsteak in Black ops the other day but I couldn't get that last kill.

Usually if I play too much of a game I'll dream about it. I had a horrible Killing Floor dream once.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Funny that this thread should appear, actually. The other night I had a dream in which I was John Marston, trying to save the world from Russians or something in Red Alert 2 (which I've never played, hence the massive confusion) and I had a small guild of Assassin's Creed assassins following me. Then one of them went to try and impress me and got shot by an eight year old.

I don't know either.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Zyphonee said:
So, does anyone else remember any dreams that they might've had, relating or just completely regarding a game?
Yeah sure, I have computer game related dreams all the time, in fact when I was younger I went though a phase when my dreams were computer games, at least in the way they played out.

Last night in fact, without going into to many details, I had a dream which included the Red Jerry cans and white gas cylinders from L4D.

Stormcloud23 said:
ever since i started playing Dwarf Fortress my dreams have been in ascii...
ROFL, thats pretty awesome.

drakythe

Feb 10, 2011
I had a dream once that wasn't so much about a game, but was definitely minecraft-ian. The entire dream took place in blocks. It was the weirdest thing... I stopped playing MC for a good week after that, and now I don't play right before I go to bed.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, all the time. Tetris is the best!
But right now I'm having dreams about V. And I hate V >.<

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
It's been many years, but...

I dreamed I was playing Ninja Gaiden II (the NES one) and I dreamed a strategy of how to defeat the 2-3 boss, the jumping guy that throws spiders. And it worked! I finally beat that level. Remember, this was back before the internet; you had to come up with everything yourself.

SkoopMaster

Jul 4, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
NEVER play STALKER before bed...
Why not? I had a dream where a friend and I were trekking the zone and finding artifacts and we got some fat loot.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
I've had a HUGE number of dreams about games. Well... Small elements of those games combined into a scenario constructed by my subconscious... But dreams about games still I guess. The most recent one I've had is where Samus Aran was being mentally tortured by.... I can't remember that bit... All I remember is that she was being tortured, I had a feeling of horrifying despair and the knowledge that It had something to do with Other M. I've since determined that it was all just a metaphor for what Other M did to Samus' character.

I really do fucking hate Other M don't I?

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I had a dream where I was attacked by HL2 rebels and I was a combine. It really made me notice that combines really deserve to die.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I had a dream that Brawl had come out, and when I woke up and realized that Brawl wasn't out there were no words to describe how pissed I was.

I've had dreams about virtual reality game-type things before, but I don't recall having another dream about any other specific game. Although I think Stryders have appeared in my dreams before...

Also, I think everyone has dreamed about Pokemon.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
NEVER play STALKER before bed...
Too late. I've had many interesting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. based dreams in the past...

I've also had a few Nazi Zombies dreams, but I mostly have Minecraft ones. They're generally not to exciting.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
It was weird, I was sleep walking around my room thinking I was Max, and I was talking to Sam. I thought my alarm was the telephone!

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I dream about games I'm playing all the time. Don't remember them always though. One of my first memories of such dreams however is from my childhood after playing A LOT of Doom. All those never-ending corridors and monsters leaping out... It was a blast! =D

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
Nah, my dreams are either incredibly surreal or horrendously mundane. I just don't dream about the not-quite-reality of videogames. Although it would be pretty life-changing to have a dream about, say, The Void

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
Recently I had a Silent Hill dream. It was extremely frightening, yet so cool! I even want to write it down to never forget how scared I was! The scenario wasn't from any game I know, but the atmosphere was from Silent Hill games. That desolation, and feeling that you're completely alone on that place, yet, some horrible things happenned there and someone (or something) is watching you, hoping you'll be the next victim.

In my nightmare (I shouldn't call it a dream, even though I liked having it), I was in a... kind of abandoned terrain, full of mud and dirt everywhere. It was a private property, in a country sort of place, far away from any city. The terrain was surrounded by an old, rusted and aged fence, made of wood and iron, with a sign on the door I was closest to, reading "Don't trespass", or something like that. I went in, because I knew I had to, in order to stop the evil from that place, and also, because I was drawn to it. After entering, I went down a hill to the left, made a curve and passed through a giant pipe that was coming out of a hill on my left side. It appeared to be from a factory of some sort, and there was a mark on the floor, that indicated that, the liquid that used to flow from this pipe, went straight to the lake that existed at the end of the path. I approached the lake and could see there was things in the muddy water, besides "algi" (the plural of algae - I'm in doubt so I'll make it clear). By the lake, there was a sign. Don't know how, but I knew what was written on that sign, made all the victims from this place; that sign was what brought people there to die and become part of the nightmare that place was. I had a big knife and started attacking the wooden sign. Each strike did little damage. I began to doubt if that would be of any help...

FeraIMuse

Oct 18, 2010
I played Dead Space 2. I beat it. Then I went on about my life. The other day, my boss was talking to me about going through his *third* play-through (okay, to be fair, he's married with two kids, and I was telling him about my *first* play-through of Dragon Age 2)... but that night, I dreamt of Dead Space 2.

I remember just enough to say that the game's scary enough. It was a lot scarier in my head. And when I was dreaming, I was apparently unarmed...

....and yet the necromorphs then came through and proceeded to *dis* arm me. Heh heh, funny punny... repeatedly. I kept waking up from my nightmare, and then thinking, 'Oh, thank Christ that's over'... and then I'd fall asleep, right back into it.

A first-person shooter isn't fun when it lacks the shooting element. I felt like a red-shirt in old-school Star Trek.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
...Then, things started to happen around me. Weird things, apparently unconnected. The sky began to change color. The environment as well. The brown dirt became more red, and the bushes and trees apparently aged a lot and some even withered before my eyes in seconds! Some clouds appeared suddenly in the reddish sky, making it more gray and dark. The water of the lake became agitated as well, not like boiling, but like some force was making currents in it. I kept striking the sign, with more certainty now, since the place reacted from my actions. But knowing I was making progress wouldn't make it easier, since the more I damaged the sign, the worse things got. Suddenly, a strong wind began to blow around the place. I could hear noises from a distance, as if things were moving or being moved in a violent way, as if the place was struggling to frighten and threaten me. I guess it ran out of patience, because the next freaky things weren't subtle at all! I heard a big noise behind me (I was facing the sign and the lake) and when I looked, I could see something huge flying off far away in the sky, but really fast (yeah, flying. As if it had been tossed from where it was). I lost sight of it and kept hitting the sign. It crashed just behind me! It was a piano! The force I was pissing off by hitting the sign had just taken a freaking piano from some place, tossed it in the air and landed it next to me! I began to fear for my life, but knew I couldn't stop or back up from destroying this place. The marks of the sign's damages were red now, and something that appeared to be blood came through the giant pipe in large quantities, and made a small river towards the lake. With that, the ultimate weapon of the place showed up. Animated corpses of people that had fallen into the place's trap. Skinless, angry zombies. They came out of the pipe and rose from the lake as well! I hit the sign as much as I could before they got too close. I ran away from them (they were strong and freaky, but slow), up the hill. Used my knife to cut through some of them, and disable others. When I got most of them with me on top of the hill, I passed through them and went down to finish that cursed sign. I started hitting it as much as I could. Hands began to come out of the water and try to grab my feet and pull me into the bloody water, were I could never escape their deadly grasp. I moved away from the lake, still close enough to the sign so I could still strike it. But, I wasn't playing the videogame, and didn't have a third person camera, so I could see what was behind me. I miscalculated and paid for it, because a zombie grabbed me by the shoulders, turned me so I could face it... and tried to bite my face off. Everything went black, and I woke up with the feeling of teeth in my cheeks, because I had probably died there.

I was more scared than I ever remember to have been, with cold sweat and all, but after I breathed deeply for a while, I realized this has probably been the most awesom dream I have had in my whole life. I had it nearly a month ago, and I still remember it wth details! I'm quite happy I managed to describe it here! I'm not famous for my memory... I hope whoever had the patience to read my posts liked it and felt some of the terror I felt during my dream. I wish some game could make me feel like this. It was more scary than any horror game or movie I've seen or played.

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
Had a dream once where I was playing Crisis Core: FFVII and suddenly enemies from Metal Slug started to appear. The camera changed from 3rd-Person to 1st-Person as well.