Have you ever had that moment when you were happy a TV show you don't watch is ending?

trlkly

Jan 24, 2008
Vigormortis said:
All of this "ugh, I hate that show, even though I don't watch it, so I want it to end" crap is obnoxious at best. It honestly concerns me how many posters in here actually want certain shows to end, simply because they don't watch them and dislike that others do.
Who in this thread has actually said this? Nearly everyone is going on about how certain shows inspire fans to annoy them.

I too have had people act that way towards me on other shows or pieces of media. However, I don't blame those shows for that behavior being presented. I blame the people who are acting that way.
Who said anything about blaming the shows? People just want them to end because then they will stop hearing about them. They are annoyed by something that will not stop until the show ends, so they enjoy the fact that it is over.

-------

And, since you want to be so judgmental, why not turn that finger around? You came into a thread about a topic you personally don't like. Did you just show apathy about it? Nope. You had to come in and tell us that you were superior because you couldn't understand the sentiments expressed within. That's not unlike what you are accusing others of doing.

If you've never experienced shadenfreude, fine. But it doesn't make you better. And, in fact, your lack of understanding of it is a lack of knowledge on your part, and something you should seek to rectify. Understanding why people do things after the fact is really not all that hard.

Trivea

Jan 27, 2011
Habballah said:
I was happy when supernatural stopped, I kept having to hear about it, yes I understand that's petty but hay that's the thread point.
Supernatural isn't over yet. Season 9 apparently starts this Fall. I stopped watching after Season 5, though, because for god's sake, where the hell are you going to go after you've stopped the apocalypse? It's been limping for years.

OT: Friends, most definitely. I'll be very happy when Glee stops, as well. And honestly? I'll be ecstatic when My Little Pony is over too. While I tend to leave the Brony culture alone (to each their own fetish or whatever), I do find it almost incomparably creepy... but what irritates me is their compulsion to ponify (is that a word?) absolutely everything.

Adventure Time, too. So sick of hearing about it.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Please tell me Honey Boo Boo or whatever it is called will end soon. I agree with my father. That shows gives a bad name to all Southern people. Especially those from Georgia.

Spoiler Alert: Virtually no one is anything like those morons. Even those of us who were born and raised in the same state.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
You say it grows, I say it went massively downhill until Season 5. This is the reason people don't to be told what to constantly watch.

Everyone hypes up Breaking Bad to be masterful television, nothing but absolute non-stop quality when it wasn't. Not by a long shot.
you would be hard pressed to find a decent number of people who agree with you on either of those points... fans or critics.

anyway, im sure there are shows that you find to be better than BrBa, but dont pretend it hasnt always been an excellent show.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
broca said:
Dexter. It was really interesting for the first two seasons and then it got less good with every following season, leading to the closing season that is universally considered horrible. So i'm thankful there won't be more of it, if only because it means that they can't follow up with something even worse.
That sounds an awful lot like you watched Dexter, while this thread is about wanting shows to end despite having not watched them.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I love Breaking Bad.

The writing, the story and characters are phenomonal, the plots were complex and had a lot of variety in the characters and deillemas, and I think how the main character has progressed into a monstrous, villanious character that can only be viewed as a monster in the eyes of the viewer.

God damnit, please end.

A) You're story's done. There.
B) Knowing activision, they'll somehow make a crappy 1st person shooter out of it. Trust me, they could.

Also, Arrested Development.

I also love it, and I think it's very funny, and the stories are well-crafted and riddled with the weirdness that pretty much made comedy.

And a fifth season is pretty much gauranteed, and I'm looking forward to it. But it never had a storyline to begin with. The introduction pretty much summarises the whole thing, and while it's still funny, I don't want it to become The Simpsons.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I can think of is Big Brother, but then another channel bought the rifghts amnnd kept on pumping it out. I loathe that kind of 'reality' tv show.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Vigormortis said:
canadamus_prime said:
No because if I don't watch it then I don't care whether it ends or not.
Shame others don't share that frame of mind.

Nope, it's "I don't like this/I don't watch this/I don't like hearing others talk about something they like, therefore I wish it would go away."

Because...I mean...fuck other people for enjoying something I don't, right?
I'm of that mindset, for the most part, but I do occasionally get tired of people raving about shows like Lost, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc. that I'm not watching. I don't care that the show exists and whether it's ending or not, but I don't need to hear about it from everyone else all the time.

Nov 28, 2007
Blood Brain Barrier said:
What bugs me about Breaking Bad (never seen it, only seen the ads) is the main guy, the bald one with the beard. He's got cancer right? So why does he have no hair but still has a beard? Cancer drugs don't just kill the hair on your head. That's stupid. Probably the main reason why I've never watched the show.
I can answer this, actually. Yes, he has cancer. However, he isn't on chemotherapy. The entire reason he gets into cooking meth is because he can't afford the treatments necessary, and his pride keeps him from letting others cover the cost. In short, he's naturally bald, not bald because of chemo.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
thebobmaster said:
Blood Brain Barrier said:
What bugs me about Breaking Bad (never seen it, only seen the ads) is the main guy, the bald one with the beard. He's got cancer right? So why does he have no hair but still has a beard? Cancer drugs don't just kill the hair on your head. That's stupid. Probably the main reason why I've never watched the show.
I can answer this, actually. Yes, he has cancer. However, he isn't on chemotherapy. The entire reason he gets into cooking meth is because he can't afford the treatments necessary, and his pride keeps him from letting others cover the cost. In short, he's naturally bald, not bald because of chemo.
That's not what wikipedia says. What treatments are you talking about? The main one is chemo, which usually makes you bald. And what do you mean naturally bald? He shaves his head?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Nigh Invulnerable said:
I'm of that mindset, for the most part, but I do occasionally get tired of people raving about shows like Lost, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc. that I'm not watching. I don't care that the show exists and whether it's ending or not, but I don't need to hear about it from everyone else all the time.
A fair point. And one that someone else brought up with me earlier.

I too have been annoyed by people who incessantly gush about something I don't partake in; a show, game, song, etc.

However, I don't blame the thing they're talking about. I blame the person. I just write them off as an annoying person; one with whom I don't want to socialize; and move on.

Believe me. I know how annoying those people can be. The ones that will endlessly bug you about not watching what they're watching. The best thing to do, for your own sanity, is to just tune them out. Don't let them make you angry at something that hasn't done anything to you. It just makes it worse for you.

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Vigormortis said:
Nigh Invulnerable said:
A fair point. And one that someone else brought up with me earlier.

I too have been annoyed by people who incessantly gush about something I don't partake in; a show, game, song, etc.

However, I don't blame the thing they're talking about. I blame the person. I just write them off as an annoying person; one with whom I don't want to socialize; and move on.

Believe me. I know how annoying those people can be. The ones that will endlessly bug you about not watching what they're watching. The best thing to do, for your own sanity, is to just tune them out. Don't let them make you angry at something that hasn't done anything to you. It just makes it worse for you.
Agreeing with your reply. I know I'm sometimes guilty of gushing over shows at friends, like with Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I try to keep it to a single instance of "You really should check this out because....." and then maybe show them a few episodes to see if they like it. If not, no sweat off my brow.

I spent a good chunk of a year at work having to listen to a coworker blather on and on about Game of Thrones, which I'd read ages ago, and so I just got tired of hearing about the show.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
The Following.

It's basically the Paranormal Activity equivalent to people who have not watched a single drama, thriller, action, or horror show in their entire life. There are literally dozens of shows that top what The Following has attempted to do.

Here's a short list of shows that are better than The Following:
Supernatural
Bones
Fringe
Terra Nova
Agents of SHIELD

Don't get me wrong; I was actually excited about this show because it looked interesting and flippin' Kevin Bacon was in it. When I saw the first episode, I was disappointing, but I was willing to give the show another shot with the second episode. I was actually more disappointing with the second and promptly never watched it again. I'm not sure if it will return for a second season, but I hope they just let this series die and work on something else.

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
Kenbo Slice said:
No. But when Glee is finally over, it'll be a proud day and bring about world peace. That show is fucking stupid and I'm sick of hearing about it.
I'd really love to see what the world would become if all children idolize and emulate the Glee folks for the rest of their lives. It's just so brain-dead hilarious!

Thr33X

Aug 23, 2013
I will feel this happiness when I hear that Big Bang Theory is coming to an end. But alas Jim Parsons won a frickin' EMMY for it. There's no accounting for tastes.

Harleykin

Sep 11, 2013
as soon as i saw the name of this thread i was like "bet it's about breaking bad" well there ya go.
usually i let everyone enjoy their crappy shows and what not. i freaking HATE "reality" tv. casting shows. so forth...
but i really just want stuff to end when i totally loathe something. the german version of America?s Got Talent is like in it's 11th season or something and everyone hypes those soon-to-be-forgotten ppl like "omg pink floyd".
that stuff? yeah and it and make the producers pay back some money to charity or something. but if someone genuinly enjoys something who am i to take it away from them...
just don't shove it don't my throat

side note i am actually hyping breaking bad and like force my boss to watch it (bought 4 seasons on dvd - first tv show i ever bought) and i kind of hate myself for it i really totally like the plot, characters and twists can't help it.

edit: felt like i should note that i actually don't watch tv at all since 3 years or something because i felt the crap was overtaking all the channels. stumbeld upon BrBa (because of the hype actzally) and streamed the first 2 seasons and bought the dvd's asap (see? streaming does sth good now and then)

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
I feel a little happy whenever a reality TV series ends, but that's just because I know that the basic concept of reality TV is bad for entertainment in general even if a given series is actually good.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
JemothSkarii said:
The big one for me is Doctor Who (people are gonna maul me for this)

It sounds interesting, but the fans put me off. I know a few 'Tumblr tier' fans who constantly go on about how hot the doctor is and always want to cosplay or something about him.

I never thought a fanbase could bug me so much.
Hopefully that ends with casting an older actor in the role.

They wouldn't be able to deal with John Pertwee. Let's see the young pretty boys undertake some Venusian karate in frilly cuffs.