Have you ever laughed at an intentional game joke?

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I was recently replaying Valkyria Chronicles 2 and there was one part where I literally laughed out loud.

Basically, have you ever laughed at an intentional joke that was put into a game?

What made me laugh was: There is an unrelated cutscene in VC2 where your character walks into the hospital for some physical thing and the girls there are arguing about something so your character, being an idiot, joins in about 3 mins into it. Well, it is just beyond awkward for your character and is just hilarious.

Well in more detail this is it: After you join the conversation one of the girls says "I can't believe you are 4 inches bigger than me!"
The other replies "Don't worry you'll be fine."
The first replies "That doesn't matter for you, you've had your growth spurt"
Your character says "Don't worry you'll catch up"
The first replies "I don't want to hear that from you Avan, you animal!"
Your character says "What?"
The other girl says "Avan, that was a bit weird to say"
Your character says "Why is she so sensitive about her height?"
The people in the room just go "....her height?"

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Sure. For instance, in Vandal Hearts 2, there is a scene in a bar later in the game where your heterosexual character gets hit on by your bisexual party member. Awkwardness and hilarity ensues.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Almost every comedic line spoken in Brutal Legend is pure gold.

My personal favorite is still the conversation between Eddie Riggs and The Guardian of Metal.

Eddie: Wait, how do I get fire tributes again?
The Guardian: Please the fucking Gods of Metal, man.
Eddie: Ok, I'll be back covered in metal god love
The Guardian: Oh God!

ShakesZX

Nov 28, 2009
I got in trouble when i first played Monkey Island 4. That game just had me in stitches, and the first time i played it was late at night, and i woke up my dad who came down and told me off for playing games so late at night.

Mr.Petey

Dec 23, 2009
Judgement101 said:
I was recently replaying Valkyria Chronicles 2 and there was one part where I literally laughed out loud.

Basically, have you ever laughed at an intentional joke that was put into a game?

What made me laugh was: There is an unrelated cutscene in VC2 where your character walks into the hospital for some physical thing and the girls there are arguing about something so your character, being an idiot, joins in about 3 mins into it. Well, it is just beyond awkward for your character and is just hilarious.
Is it that whole "size" discussion? That was a cute scene and Avan carried it well into a dopey misunderstanding. Funny as hell!

A lot of humour in Fallout 2 cracked me up something stupid. I'll give a few examples:

Sheb in New Reno outside the Cat's Paw brothel. Does a dead ringer of "Chet Pussy" in From Dusk Till Dawn.

Most of Harold's dialogue in Gecko. Has to be heard to be believed

Any of the lewd comments in New Reno pertaining to the PC wearing power armour

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Mercnaries 2: The first mission in which I had to get " the Destructor" which turns out to be a pink bicycle...for 7-year olds.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Ever play Supor Robot Taisen OG Saga:Endless Frontier?

The game is a GOLD MINE for comedy.
Its absolutely hilarious some of the things that happen.
And a lot of it is between the members of your party.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Mr.Petey said:
Judgement101 said:

Is it that whole "size" discussion? That was a cute scene and Avan carried it well into a dopey misunderstanding. Funny as hell!

A lot of humour in Fallout 2 cracked me up something stupid. I'll give a few examples:

Sheb in New Reno outside the Cat's Paw brothel. Does a dead ringer of "Chet Pussy" in From Dusk Till Dawn.

Most of Harold's dialogue in Gecko. Has to be heard to be believed

Any of the lewd comments in New Reno pertaining to the PC wearing power armour
Yes, it was that cut scene. It was soooo fucking funny. I love it how your character is so oblivious.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Conker's Bad Fur Day, Psychonauts, and Mass Effect are just a few that come to mind. Half Life too. Does the TF2 back story count?

Belgian_Waffles

Jan 24, 2010
Brutal Legend is god's gift to comedy.

Mangus: Dude, I'm not driving the bus down there it's dark and there's fire barons!
Eddie: Dude how about this? How about you take off your fucking diaper, lay down your baby fufu and do your FUCKING JOB!
Mangus: Not cool dude, I wear this thing so I don't have to stop the bus to take a leak.

That's just classic.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
ff7 when you get get banged by like 10 other guys
funny as fuck (literally)
i love that game even though you never get to buy the tank in the weapon store

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Listening to some random military man in mass effect 2 go on about how you can not just eyeball shots, you have to wait for the computer to pick a target, etc, etc.
Doesn't sound funny, but if you watch it it is.

SupabadMan

Feb 26, 2010
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions dialogue.

If you don't laugh at their writing, you have no soul. (It's legitimately funny)