Have you ever met someone like this?

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
So I was walking into my school to practice late at night yesterday, after having a pretty shitty day, and stopped to talk to one of the bass teachers. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him, his name's Nat Reeves, he's a professional bassist and one of the nicest guys on earth.

I have to say, that my ten second conversation with him immediately brightened up my day, all he said was "Hey man, how's it goin?" and I responded with the cursory "pretty good, you heading home?" he told me he was and told me to have "A good night...no have a great night"

That made my day so much better, I swear to god, if you cracked him open somehow, a unicorn puking a rainbow would fly out. That's how awesome he is.

Do any of you guys have someone like that who can, just in passing, immediately make your day awesome?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
yeah, this girl I like, its pretty funny, everyone else swears she's annoying, but I can't help but smile around her.

Kukul said:
That sounded really, really gay.
This is another thought that popped into my head when I read this.

SantonioH10

Sep 15, 2009
I swear that one of my best friends has some kind of psychic link with me or something; anytime I'm feeling down or having a bad day, right on cue my phone will vibrate and I'll get a text from her asking how I'm doing and if everything's alright. Love that girl.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Kukul said:
QuirkyTambourine said:
So I was walking into my school to practice late at night yesterday, after having a pretty shitty day, and stopped to talk to one of the bass teachers. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of him, his name's Nat Reeves, he's a professional bassist and one of the nicest guys on earth.

I have to say, that my ten second conversation with him immediately brightened up my day, all he said was "Hey man, how's it goin?" and I responded with the cursory "pretty good, you heading home?" he told me he was and told me to have "A good night...no have a great night"

That made my day so much better, I swear to god, if you cracked him open somehow, a unicorn puking a rainbow would fly out. That's how awesome he is.

Do any of you guys have someone like that who can, just in passing, immediately make your day awesome?

So what's wrong with being gay?

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Kukul said:
QuirkyTambourine said:

Indeed.

At least that cheered up his day.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Kukul said:
QuirkyTambourine said:
Kukul said:
QuirkyTambourine said:

So what's wrong with being gay?
Well, that's a different issue, but anyway I don't think you're suposed to be seduced by your teacher.
well played sir

And no, I was just saying he's an awesome guy.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
I have a really funny teacher I know called Mr. Reeves. (no joke but his first name is actually Paul). And it isn't so much the unicorn puking a rainbow thing as much as he is quite humourous in a dark way (I love dark humour) so it is more like he is a unicorn puking the sorrow of irritating people as they roll sideways of a cliff.

Aug 27, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
Anyone who pukes a rainbow on me gets their knees broken.
If I don't have a rule in place, everyone just assumes it's totally alright to do so.

And yes, this comes up often enough that it requires a rule.
How many knees have you broken so far?

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I've met a few people like that. I'm friends with two of them, and they always make my day better.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Yes. I used to have a few now I only have the one.
Most recent one I've lost is moving up north for uni soon. We drifted apart a few months ago. I saw it happening, acted really clingy because I didn't want to lose another one, everyone thought I was madly in love with her including herself and it was like she forgot how to be around me. I'm still really upset about it, she meant a lot to me and I'm really going to miss her. I don't know why I'm saying going to, it feels like she left months ago.
Ugh.
Now only my soul mate remains. I didn't used to believe in that crap before I met him but I do now. If I lose him, I don't know what I'll do.