Have you ever met someone like this?

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
According to my friends, I am that person. I do have a knack for cheering people up, mainly because of my empathy.

Only I'm less a rainbow-puking unicorn and more a big huggable bear. *shrug*

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
Ursus Astrorum said:
According to my friends, I am that person. I do have a knack for cheering people up, mainly because of my empathy.

I had a dream last night that a bear was attacking these three women who were camping, and I scared it off with a combat knife, and my male bravado... They were very grateful. Was that you? If so, thanks, it was a good dream!

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
Link Kadeshi said:
Ursus Astrorum said:

I had a dream last night that a bear was attacking these three women who were camping, and I scared it off with a combat knife, and my male bravado... They were very grateful. Was that you? If so, thanks, it was a good dream!
Oh no, that can't be me. I'm far too harmless for that. Unless I get angry, but I'm pretty much hardwired to where the very thought of misogyny makes me feel bad. So, uh... Wrong bear. You probably want the non-huggable, lives-in-a-cave kind.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
I used to know a girl who was... beyond sexually bold. As an example, her current MSN name states she hasn't had sex for 5 weeks and that that's a new record for her. The funny thing is, she wasn't even a slut or anything like that; just a be-happy-like small girl who'se completely comfortable talking about sex amongst others, or even taking a dildo with her to school to pester the teachers with.

Nobody I know of actually called her a slut, but people used to scoff at her and go "God, she's really doing it all for the sex" whenever they had even heard her say a boys' name, but I really liked her. She was usually very sweet and while her boldness could catch your unprepared and leave you with a o_O-face from time to time, it was always fun talking to her and doing so often cheered me up if I was in a bad mood.

L24z13L

Jul 1, 2009
There are a few people that brighten up my day whenever I see them. Even if I'm already having a good day I look forward to seeing them, talking, and/or just hanging out.

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
^_^ Like Wilson from Home Improvement.

And yep, I knew people like that. My grandmother was one. My art teach was another. And they inspire me to be the same.

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
Well, first off as cheesy as it sounds. My girlfriend can do that, with no effort. Makes me think of a line from Crusade...

My Best mate can cheer me up with just like, 10 seconds of talking about fuck all, we're just, same wavelength type people. And a couple other mates of mine too.

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Hello forum people...

There's this guy at school, and he makes my day so special, he's like a magic unicorn that spits rainbows all over my body...

Yeah, not gay at ALL

And yes I know someone like that, my ex-girlfriend. Or at least she used to.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
That One Six said:
Sadly, I don't, but then again, I'm a very angry and depressed person. Apparently I always look angry or sad.
People say this of me. My dad asks me if something is wrong every day, it seems.

Though I do have someone like this. The girl I like. I always love talking to her, despite how horribly shitty my day may have been. Unfortunately I haven't been able to talk to her since school started. Damn school.

yeliw

Aug 20, 2009
There are a small number of people out there who just have that level of charisma to affect someone else's mood like that.

My best friend is one of them.

I think that's one of the best skills to have: Good, emotional intelligence.

Antzon

Sep 9, 2009
TheGreatCoolEnergy said:
Ya I was feeling real down one time camping and this girl gave me a hug for no reason. Realy saved the trip
Lucky bastard, you sure it was a girl? :p

Nah, no one did

JamminOz07

Nov 19, 2008
QuirkyTambourine said:
Do any of you guys have someone like that who can, just in passing, immediately make your day awesome?
Yep, heaps of them. they're called "girls" and they have boobs :)

PS. Loved the unicorn pic! made me smile :)

Charley

Apr 12, 2008
Have a good night... no, have a great night ?

He's not packed with Unicorns, he's packed with TGI Fridays and Realtors..

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Unicorn Boomer!...
Ahem.

My sister works kinda like that. She'll either make me happier or feel a whole lot worse in the first 5 minutes I see her. Luckily, it's usually the first.

Nibsy

Sep 11, 2009
Snowalker said:
yeah, this girl I like, its pretty funny, everyone else swears she's annoying, but I can't help but smile around her.
I used to have someone like that, but then I realised she actually is annoying as all hell... I haven't seen her in a year and a half.

I don't really have anyone who instantly makes me smile, but when I'm down I just look at Cyanide and Happiness, makes me happeh ^^