Have you ever noted none of us here are "normal"

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Bud tastes like piss, it's all about Blue Moon--if you don't mind spending the extra money.
Also, Coke isn't bad--it's the only soda that can go into a Roy Roger, and I apreciate it for that.

What you kind of have to realize about the escapist is that it represents an industry specific community, or a niche market. Either works. It doesn't represent a good cross-section of the population or even what's considered the pop culture. And part of being a community in this industry, it's known for being counter-pop culture--until recently with the overall popularity of AAA games.
In short: the escapist is made of a demographic that doesn't like the pop culture as a whole, but can still embrace parts of it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Mortai Gravesend said:
Kaleion said:
Well that's because there is no point on trying to be normal, since nobody actually knows what normal is, besides it's a little hard to be normal when you talk with the bacon while you are cooking it, but that's not really that weird.
It's only weird if you actually expect it to respond. Otherwise no weirder than talking at video games to try to make them do your bidding -__-

Edit: And hey we're actually more normal than certain lawmakers in Egypt. Just look at that farewell intercourse thread -__-

Edit 2: Wait, that was actually a fake. Guess that's what I get for not keeping up with the thread.
Of course I don't expect it to talk back to me, it does! Well not really, but I pretend like it does and keep saying stuff like "Good point" and "you're so clever" and dropping random topics while at that, so what I'm saying is that I don't tell it how delicious it is, I pretend to have a conversation about whatever is on my mind with it, my family thinks that odd, but what did they expect I never talk with anybody I had to find someone to talk to and bacon doesn't tell me that nobody cares about whatever it is I'm talking about, like some other people do.

Oh bacon you always were the only one that understood me, I love you *chomp*
[sub]Before anyone asks, nope I did not have Internet when I started doing this, in fact I believe I had no electricity the day I started.[/sub]

[sub][sub]EDIT: Oh yeah the necrophilia thread, I did see it, I was going to say something to Smash because I thought he was serious about the necrophilia thing, but then I realized it was a joke felt like an idiot and left, because I was going to ask him why he did it...[/sub][/sub]

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm gonna go way back to my childhood and quote Leo the lop-eared rabbit. "Normal is what you are"... motherfuckers.

Not that it's actually my favorite. I tend to prefer a good Imperial stout. But the attitude of it defines my approach to beer nicely.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Coke rules. I don't drink beer- I'm a spirits man.

'Normal' as a concept vanishes the moment you have more than 1 of something. Normal only exists when two or more things are the same, and I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible for two things to be truly identical.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Who wants to be normal? It's incredibly boring. I've tried it once, it didn't take...tastes too much like green.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Frozen Fox said:
I mean look at the "what is you favorite (x)" threads. No one is all "coke" to what is you favrote drink or "Budweiser" to what is you favorite beer. And thank God beacuse i keep trying this stuff and most of it is fantastic like Irn-Bru and more movies than i care to name.
Coke is my favorite none alcoholic beverage...

Awww I am Normal :(

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I don't drink alcoholic beverages,

I prefer Dr Pepper most of the time, but I drink whatever is available.

I opt for glass bottles because 12-14 ounces is what my diabetes can handle.

Frozen Fox

Mar 23, 2012
TheBobmus said:
DANEgerous said:
TheBobmus said:
My favourite beer is Budweiser; just wanted to break your heart.
Well then as far a beer goes you like to drink piss. Seriously that stuff is just bad. Still at leas you did not name a lite beer, or Corona, how the fuck is corona "Premium" it taste of a mildly foul nothing
Though I enjoy Budweiser, it is not in fact my favourite beer. I prefer a tequila flavoured beer or Tribute ale if I can get them. Mostly just wanted to mess with the OP :p
By the way I tried this if you posted it in the favorite drinks thread. I like it far better than Budweiser that id for damn sure. So... tanks? :3

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Frozen Fox said:
TheBobmus said:
Though I enjoy Budweiser, it is not in fact my favourite beer. I prefer a tequila flavoured beer or Tribute ale if I can get them. Mostly just wanted to mess with the OP :p
By the way I tried this if you posted it in the favorite drinks thread. I like it far better than Budweiser that id for damn sure. So... tanks? :3
Haha no problem. I believe myself and the everpresent Daystar Clarion were discussing its merits in that thread! :)

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
We may not be "normal," but I love this community that way.

Pssh, ale. Why not try lagers? Yuengling is where it's at.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Everybody who doesn't like Budweiser or Coke as his favourite drink is not normal? Good gods of Gallifrey, the psychiatrists will be getting filthy rich in no time!

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
Frozen Fox said:
I mean look at the "what is you favorite (x)" threads. No one is all "coke" to what is you favrote drink or "Budweiser" to what is you favorite beer. And thank God beacuse i keep trying this stuff and most of it is fantastic like Irn-Bru and more movies than i care to name.
Speak for yourself.

I enjoy Budweiser, Military FPS's, EA Sports games, Racing Games, The Expendables and Fast & Furious (franchise).

Also, Pepsi FTW!

Jun 11, 2008
Well I would disagree to be honest. We are quite normal par for the course gaming website and I would hardly call us off the wall. We do the same things as other forums except where some other ones may ***** at other sites for being stubborn, elitist, childish and hivemindish(what some people think of us) we ***** at other sites for being stubborn, idiots, childish and hivemindish(what we think say youtube and 4chan and I mean we in a broad sense).

I'm not poking at anyone here or trying to start something but we are pretty average as far as I've seen.

Edit: Although I forgot to keep in with the drinks thing I'd have to go with Cidona or Tango Apple.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
Hazy992 said:
I fucking hate beer. Cider is where it's at!
I agree whole heartedly but saying that I think most American beers taste like piss

Andy Shandy said:
And coke is clearly the wrong answer to the favourite non-alcoholic drink, because the answer is obviously Irn Bru, one of which I have right now =D
Irn Bru is the greatest of all drinks, no contest