Have you ever posed as a girl in a MMORPG?

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010
Does league count?

Did it once when asked point blank, and suddenly my team became rather dickish.

Was duoing with a friend who I discussed this with before, did it to prove a point

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm a woman who acts like a man acting like a woman. I just find it humorous that people always think I'm the opposite of what I'm playing. If I'm playing a woman they think I'm a man, but when I play a man they can always tell I'm female.

Ganath

Jan 24, 2011
I tried a female character once in Wow like back in Vanilla? Way before I was an RPer. That was the only time I ever did. I never RP or in fact even play as a female character, so I've never posed as one. It doesn't sit well with me and I feel uncomfortable even playing as one. While in the past it bothered me when other people did it too, that's not the case anymore. Nowadays you'll only see me rant when my girlfriend suddenly says she wants to play a male worgen because female ones look derpy. I also always presume it's a guy behind a female character until proven otherwise, and usually, that is the case.

The few times I allow myself to be surprised is when it's a girl behind a male character, but that's about it. Eitherway, neither gets special treatment from me. That, and the more they try to act all "I'm a girl, give me special treatment, why won't you like me." I only start to loathe them. I remember the last time a girl in WoW tried to use me as a tool very vividly. It was in Nagrand, and apparently she thought it would be alright if I let her kill me in the PvP grounds there for tokens over and over again. I merely told my friends about it on Horde side, and as she had PvP on, you can imagine about 10 people storming one druid whose busy trying to slowly kill me. My sides hurt after that, more so because I convinced her to respawn and then they killed her again for good measure. Good times. Never spoke to her again.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Made female characters in an MMO, havent posed as a female when asked. in WoW 70% of female chars are males anyway so if you arent stupid or new to the game you would likely not automatically assume a female char is female, unless the player acts feminine... which actually seems to be the case here.

Akkiko

Dec 14, 2009
Yes I have. Mostly due to the fact that I am a girl.

I have also posed as a guy though, which is probably more on topic. While making a male character is all aesthetics, I used to do it so that other guys wouldn't start throwing out inappropriate jokes or get awkwardly friendly with me. Since I never had any romantic inclinations over MMOs, I figured I'd nip that one in the bud.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Kind of. When Everquest first came out, I made a joke character named AnnaRexia. She was a high elf wizard. I never really played her though since I was playing on an RP server(Fennin Ro).

Sangnz

Oct 7, 2009
Nope never and I often play female toons.
I even go as far to point out I'm a guy if someone gets the wrong idea.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I've made female characters in games with no intention of pretending to pose as a girl, and I'd correct people.

But in Runescape (as a 12 year old) I actively pretended to be a girl, I'd get free shit and ignore list people who said sexual shit to me once they'd given me free stuff.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Have I ever pretended to be female? No. I don't bring up my gender while I'm playing and if it does come up I admit do being male.

That being said...with few exceptions the bulk of my avatars in MMOs are female.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Depends on the character, I tend to stick to RP servers, so if I fancy playing as a female I do. Only time people ever get funny is when they start trying to hit on the player, not the avatar.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
I have no problem playing or even role-playing as female characters in online games, but whenever someone asks if I have a penis I say yes.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
When I used to play Runescape many, many years ago I was a girl.
It was quite amusing, and made the game somewhat more tolerable.