Have you guys seen the new Lady Gaga video?

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
dogstile said:
Hey, you know what, if you didn't expect people to make a joke about her, then don't post about her on the /escapist/ of all places. Go post on her fansite or something, we're allowed our opinions here. Stop being so damn defensive, its like we're not allowed to joke about her.
I apologize if I expect jokes to be funny/clever. Besides, why would you defend slut-shaming?

And aren't I allowed to have an opinion as well? Lulz.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
meganmeave said:
It's hard to listen to this song without thinking of Ace of Base. Something about the synth background sound makes me keep humming Don't Turn Around.

Man... I can't be the only one who hears this.
You clearly were not the only one to make that connection, as you were actually ninjaed on that observation back on page 4:
FivebyFive said:
Any child of the 80s (the NES generation) who were teens in the 90s have heard this before... Ace of Base anyone?

Still loving me some Gaga though - but i'm sure she knows who she lifted this track from.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Gildan Bladeborn said:
meganmeave said:
It's hard to listen to this song without thinking of Ace of Base. Something about the synth background sound makes me keep humming Don't Turn Around.

Man... I can't be the only one who hears this.
You clearly were not the only one to make that connection, as you were actually ninjaed on that observation back on page 4:
FivebyFive said:
Any child of the 80s (the NES generation) who were teens in the 90s have heard this before... Ace of Base anyone?

Still loving me some Gaga though - but i'm sure she knows who she lifted this track from.
Good catch! I looked through the responses hoping someone else saw the similarity but missed that post. Damn my weak eyes!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Contextualizer said:
dogstile said:
Hey, you know what, if you didn't expect people to make a joke about her, then don't post about her on the /escapist/ of all places. Go post on her fansite or something, we're allowed our opinions here. Stop being so damn defensive, its like we're not allowed to joke about her.
I apologize if I expect jokes to be funny/clever. Besides, why would you defend slut-shaming?

Of course you're allowed to have an opinion, but i'm still going to call you out on being an asshole.

And yes, I defend slut shaming. My sense of humour is tasteless.

Contextualizer

Jan 8, 2010
dogstile said:
Contextualizer said:
dogstile said:

Of course you're allowed to have an opinion, but i'm still going to call you out on being an asshole.

I don't mind being called an asshole by someone who shares the esteemed company of Glenn Beck and other paleoconservatives. It's a compliment :)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Contextualizer said:
dogstile said:
Contextualizer said:
dogstile said:

I don't mind being called an asshole by someone who shares the esteemed company of Glenn Beck and other paleoconservatives. It's a compliment :)
No problem, I don't even know who Glenn Beck is but i'm sure he's a wonderful person :p

automatron

Apr 21, 2010
I'll admit it has some awesome choreography, but it's just missing that flair that most Gaga videos have. I think the main thing missing is her dancing. She only dances like twice.
In all her other videos the best parts involve her dancing as well, not just backups. That's the reason I feel this song was lacking compared to her other songs.