Have you left WoW and if so why.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
After seeing that WoW's subscriptions are down again I was wondering why have people left it.

I played for years but left because :-

1) It got boring
2) Too many idiots
3) It became more over Gearscore than it did about skill.

I did go back for a bit because Blizz offered me 7 free days, but even then I just couldn't get back into it (also everywhere I went in game was basically empty( even infront of the bank and AH in Ironforge which is normally packed)).

Please only answer if you have left WoW or have something constructive to say keep all the WoW hate away from here.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Nope, I remember playing the trial a while ago, but never actually purchased and got into the game.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Because every few months I either get bored or real life gets in the way.

Then some months later I go back, because I have time, and therefore the ability to check out new stuff, reintroduce myself to my characters, and see things I didn't get to see before. And thus the cycle continues.

Wado Rhyu

May 19, 2010
just to boring. nothing new after all. so i am waiting for Star Wars: Knights of the Old republic mmo.

P.S. the must on having good gear ruins the game to.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Well three reasons. A) Grinding isn't fun for me. B) Everyone I met towards the end were raging douchebags. C) Real life was going down the drain at the time.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Yes, lack of time mainly.

Personally I think its one of the best videogames ever, maybe even the best, would love to go back and do some Rated BGs and a lil arena.

When I was still playing, i raged mainly about noobs, and especially undergeared noobs :p

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I liked WoW a lot back in the day, but I just couldn't afford the monthly fee back then and I simply stopped playing. Also, after reading fan's reactions towards the newer content, I decided to stay away.

A few months ago, Blizz gave me a free week to taste the newer Cataclysm content and I only tried the starter zones, I gotta say that they were improved a lot and I enjoyed them, but still that isn't enough for me to return.

Right now, I'm playing the heck out of Age of Conan, that game is simply awesome.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Left months ago, around march, after cleaning Cataclysm release content. Why? Because it was more of the same, PvP being terrible as ever since Vanilla, PvE was not really inspiring, Firelands been delayed, crafting have not been fixed, revamped "old" content did not interest me, cleared some HEroic Raid bosses, figured it's just exactly the same fight just with more damage/health, decided i can't be bothered to play only for the sake of playing.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Well, I left WoW after we cleared all BC raidbosses as one of the first guilds and two very successful arena seasons with mounts etc - it was just a really boring grind.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Sometimes i get bored & sick of all the idiots, but will come back for a month, then take a couple months pause and back again.

Just killing some time waiting Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 to come out.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
Yes. It just got to a point where I realized WoW was absolutely pants-on-head retarded. Then I started playing other MMO's that had more emphasis on character and story development, like LotRO or Guild Wars.

Jessabi

Jul 26, 2011
I go hot and cold with WoW often. I'll play it enthusiastically for a while and then get really bored of it and not play it for months. When it starts feeling like a chore, I just don't play it. But then eventually the spark will come back and I'll start to play it again for a while. It's a constant cycle - at the moment I'm back to playing again.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
I left a few months after Cata. I was getting pretty bored, and I had some other things in my life I was trying to take care of. It was just easier to drop the game. Plus, I was running a little short on money.

That said, I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
I got to level 43 on a Troll Mage and I just got so bored. There were no interesting quests, dungeons or real fun to be had. I already had my mount and I just couldn't muster the interest to get my flying mount and/or head to Outland. If the fabled Mists of Pandaria makes the 40-60 level experience any better, I may jump back in.

Yael Rivera

Jul 25, 2011
i played for about 3 years or more and i left cause

1. it got really really boring it just because a weekly routine of go to dungeon A stab B get frustrated cause you keep dying to easy shit cause of fucking idiots that CANT FUCKING MOVE

2. idiots piss me off and i want whiling to dig through the endless sea of retards to find one competent person

3. gearscore is complete and total bullshit and it ruined the game case and point: i left the game for a few months when ulduar was out i came back when ice crown was out had shitty gear score still managed to out DPS retards ^^

4 all my real life friends got sick of the bullshit too and we all just sorta left one by one and i hate playing an MMO without any real life friends playing too

5. cata din't really motivate me "a chance to play with a lot more retards in the dungeon queue? oh boy oh boy cant wait!" yeah fuck that plus cata really dint add shit to the game

6. i hate how wow expansions work were all the work you put in in the last expansion is lost as soon as the next one comes out and patches for that matter too hell i play another MMO on and off as well and in that game you get to lvl 75 well lvl 90 now and you're still using lvl 30 gear that is REALLY GOOD that improves with you as you lvl up and is also hard to get cause the game isnt a walk in the park like wow which is another reason why i left

7. IT'S TOO FUCKING EASY I NEED SOME FUCKING CHALLENGE IN MY GAMES!!!!

now that i think about it i left for a lot of the same reasons as a lot of people do leave >_>

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I stopped playing for several reasons:

1. I was a warrior and I usually spent almost all of my hard earned money on repairing my stuff.
2. The game took up too much of my time. It became a problem within the household.
3. I got bored of it.

So when I finally decided to stop playing WOW, I left the guild I was in, donated whatever gold I had to it. Then, I ent to the Tauren city. (I forgot what it was called.) Took off all of my armor down to my underwear, stood on a clifftop, shouted "GOODBYE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!" and jumped to my death.

I haven't played the game since.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot I later came back and played as a night elf druid for a little bit. But that got boring quickly. So I stopped playing after that.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Played it for ages, done hardcore raids and stuff, left before Cataclysm came out because I was bored out of my mind (a state that persisted for several months or throughout entire WotLK, depending on where you place the boredom boundary) and realised two things:
1) Cataclysm will just be the same shit
2) TOR is on it's way

Granted, I overstated the second, that was back when I was hoping for a Spring '11 release, but it still holds up ^^. Anyway, the reason I got bored was the changes to the raiding systems that came with WotLK. They took out any and all challenge out of it and even when you had the challenge, it was with select Hard modes that you've already done several times before. So there was never a situation where you came up to a boss and really struggled from beginning to end to take him down, instead it was faceroll it on Normal then go wipe on Hard mode. Simply not fun.

The fact they pretty much destroyed 10 man raiding for me by turning it into modes of the same shit I now already had to go twice through (joy, quadruple raiding of the same instance, fun!) also had a big role in it. 10 mans used to be something fun to do on off nights and weekends and they just turned it into another grindy bullshit.

So the game turned into "raid one instance or fuck off" as there was nothing to do outside raids either. I did WotLK Heroics while still in level 70 gear, so you can imagine how fun they were some 6-9 months later when I was fully decked out.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Madcat75 said:
After seeing that WoW's subscriptions are down again I was wondering why have people left it.

I played for years but left because :-

1) It got boring
2) Too many idiots
3) It became more over Gearscore than it did about skill.

I did go back for a bit because Blizz offered me 7 free days, but even then I just couldn't get back into it (also everywhere I went in game was basically empty( even infront of the bank and AH in Ironforge which is normally packed)).

Please only answer if you have left WoW or have something constructive to say keep all the WoW hate away from here.
I left because it generally bored me, I didn't hang with my friends enough, and I started playing in a band.

After a while, clicking the same buttons to get the enemies health bar down, putting DOTs onto bosses (I was a Warlock), and getting gear over and over again, got dull. Even the eccentric community that was in my guild declined.

I've played it again twice since, and each time I got bored within an hour and went to listen to music instead. It was fun while it lasted, but it was time to move on.