Have you left WoW and if so why.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i originally signed up for woow in 2005. in 2007 i got bored because it was just the same thing over and over again. when cata came out i got excited about it again and returned. after a few months, people started dropping out and i quickly found myself without any other players to quest with

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
Because it became pathetically easy. I can't believe Blizz could give in to all the QQ-ing nubs.

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
I played WoW for 3 free months, and then 1 paid. Wish I had gotten out before the paid.
It's ludicrously boring gameplay, and so simple that you can barely be conscious and still conquering raids. At the time (I think) 70 was the level cap, and I made it there, as well as did a bunch of 'hard' raids with my friend's guild. The graphics are cartoonish. The quests are adhered to a bland three, repetitive kinds. The skills aren't even interesting because all you do is stand around in front of the mobs, clicking numbers on the keyboard.

Vindictus to rule them all btw.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I quit because I had no interest in raiding. And if you don't raid, you don't get to finish the story and fight the bosses.

Dragon Age 1 & 2 easily fixed what I was missing from WoW.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
I played from launch up until a couple months in Cataclysm, and then quit. Cataclysm was completely underwhelming, and showed that they really just don't care anymore. I'll try my luck with The Old Republic, or come back if they get their act together.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
For me, it went from fun levelling and sociality to stupid raiding that was taken far too seriously. I was always criticised, never flt welcome at my guild raids, and was never actually given any help, just told "Get better, you fucking noob".

Recently, however, I found Blizzards try-your-account-again 7 days feature, and I actually really enjoyed myself. Cataclysm has really good levelling content and the new talents are so awesome.
I enjoyed it so much though, I was worried it would just be another time and money blackhole for me, and I really need to get out more anyway...
(Argh, I can't lie. I need the money to start a Bretonnia army. Shush! Being a nerd rocks :D )

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I left for a month when I got myself a job that I wanted to take time to get settled into. I'm now settled in so I'll start playing again.

I play the game with a group of people from both in game and in real life. It's not about the game at all for me, but the people in it.

maugatar

Mar 2, 2008
Was on an RP server but never RP'ed

But for me it was:

Elitism
Time synch
Account getting hacked
got 2 characters to level 80 (before cataclysm came out) kinda lost interest after that.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
WoW is expensive! I love playing it, but I can't dedicate that much money and that much time to the game. I'd love to do some late game stuff but I don't have the time for it.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Yes, I left WoW last year, then came back for a bit for Cataclysm, then left for good.

I still think it's a great game, I just have played it a lot already, and it can no longer engage me as before. I did the whole raiding game in WotLK, and even if you have a pretty regular group of friends, it's still too much work and time to keep at it.

I have also done a lot of leveling/questing, and had enough of it. So I decided it was best to spend my gaming time playing different games instead of trying new classes or whatever. However, leveling up a worgen (up to 30s) in Cataclysm was really cool.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Played it for three years, quit about 2 years ago due to my self getting a social life for the first time and I felt like I had to chose, so I just dropped WOW, had a fantastic 1 3/4 years and got a girl friend.

Then went back about two/ three months ago, having to stop playing on the 20th and then not playing again until I get some cash in the middle of September.

Note: I only went back because I thought I could manage a Relationship/ Social life/ wow unlike how I couldn't two years ago, and yes, I'm currently succeeding.

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
I haven't left yet. I've got a great guild that's making progress in Heroic Firelands. I only log on to raid but I would imagine if you don't have a good group of people to play with, it would be an awful experience.

Trade chat is spammed with trolls. Most people you meet in a 5 man with the dungeon finder is generally an impatient asshole, often leaving at the start, after one wipe, "ninja'ing" items, and arguing with people. The quality of players is in the cellar as you can get to level 85 and learn absolutely nothing about the game or your class. The 15% buff in heroic 5 mans and the recent nerfs to T11 raids aren't going to teach people anything. You can completely ignore mechanics now. Then people head to Firelands are somehow surpised when they are corpse running for 3 hours.

If/When people from my guild quit, I probably will as well. WoW is undergoing a slow and painful death, Blizzard is just trying to milk as much money as possible before it does. The game is an absolute mess right now.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Meh. I never really liked it much. There are better time-wasters out there that are free. Plus, I really dislike most other players I encounter in-game. WoW is the most single-player centric MMO I've played... which makes it something I go back to occasionally just to check out lore changes in low-level zones and cities. Honestly, the best thing about that game is the work that is put into maintaining the game world and the lore.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I just hated the grind, for the month and a half that I played it, it went along the lines of.
"Go here, kill X amount of an enemy, and bring Y amount back." It just got boring fast.

Jan 11, 2009
My friend let me create a character on his account which I played on most days for about 6 months maybe and I got all the way to level...29...

I guess I never got to the part of the game where the player feels the need to play the game in order to get in-game rewards rather than doing it as something to do in spare time.

I just generally got bored of it I suppose, nothing in particular really.

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
Nope, just finished a wonderful attempt of firelands with my buddies. The game is more alive and kicking that it ever has imo.

Madcat75 said:
everywhere I went in game was basically empty( even infront of the bank and AH in Ironforge which is normally packed
It's Stormwind now, no server is packed in Ironforge anymore.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Well I was still deeply in love with the game when I left, but unlike most people here, Blizzard didn't screw me over and I didn't get bored. I just simply couldn't afford it. It was at a time when my mum was paying for it but then she split with my dad and there was little money in the house. So I volunteered to give up WoW to try and save some money for her and the rest of my family.

Regeaj

Aug 3, 2011
I just got bored with it, i do play every so often but not that often, maybe once a month, I'm currently waiting for another MMORPG, Guild Wars 2, to come out, less quests (being replaced by dynamic events (ex. bandits might attack the water supply of a farm at one time or sometimes toxic slugs infect it)), plus idiots can't loot steal because the loot is divided by the game and no kill stealing because you get loot in dynamic events based on participation, the game will be awesome. And its going to be one time payment

mcattack92

Feb 2, 2011
I left World of Warcraft because,
1) I got hacked twice which lead to it getting permenantly disable :(
2) The grind and repedativeness of it got boring very fast
3) My friends who played it quit also.

Tron-tonian

Mar 19, 2009
Pretty much what the OP said, honestly. My routine (before I quit) was:
1. Login, do dailies.
1.a. Weekly, too, if I hadn't yet.
2. Craft anything I needed to for the AH.
3. Check AH. Buy / sell as needed.
4. Logout.

TL;DR - Got bored.

I've been thinking about heading back and levelling a character or two to 20, just to see the new world, but it's not really a pressing matter.