Have you lost your faith in humanity?

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
Julianking93 said:
Lord Thodin said:
Ok so high school sucks and your life just shifted from ONE best friend to the next. However i lost my faith in humanity once i saw the way religion had affected a friend of mine
Please elaborate, this sounds like a fun story :D

I hate how religion twists people.
Hah alright as per request here goes nothing. Also note, that Im going to skip to the part where me and this friend have become very close.

Well I was spending the night at his house one night, He lives about 4 towns away so its either that or never hang, anyway the day I arrive is late Friday. I had not seen this person since I had moved away 2 years previously. I was elated to get to stay up late drinkin soda, eating snacks, and playing video games. Well this was exactly what happened until around 10 o'clock PM on saturday. He suggested to me that we should go to bed early. This was strange as this friend of mine is an insomniac all the same as me. I simply asked why and he replied that we have things to do in the morning. I wasn't to psyched about the idea, but hey his house, his rules.

Next morning breaks. I am abruptly awoken at around 8:30 in the morning. This was odd. We never had a designated time to wake up before. I got up, still groggy eyed to see his whole family awake with a bustle of activity. They were all getting dressed up, showering and the girls were doing their hair. I was still in the clothes i fell asleep in. My friend told to me shower quickly and get ready to leave. I was willing but as he rushed me into the bathroom i said "Calm down, god damn....." He was very quick to reprimand me as if i had just struck him. This was odd as well seeing as how he never cared what i said to him normally. Well I showered and put on my clothes. It was some black T-shirt with some skulls on it or something. A black pullover hoodie and some blue jeans.

When i exited his room to get some breakfast, like the rest of his family they all gazed at me as if I were Hitler in the flesh. I kinda shrugged it off, but all the stares were staring to get at me. I sat down to receive my helping of pancakes. After his Mother was seated i reached for a fork and my hand was quickly slapped away by my friend. I stared at him with a strange smirk on my lips. He could not have been more serious. So i withdrew my hand and sat there. He quickly took my hand in his, as did his father to the left of me. I was starting to freak out when they all bent over the table and started "praying" about how god gave them this gift. A few times I even chuckled being the staunch Atheist I am. My friend was quick to shoot me some harsh glares, once even punching me in the arm.

At this point I am very mad, and confused. Well to save time Ill just say without me knowing we were heading off to church. Once there I saw why they had all stared at me during breakfast. Apparently black is NOT what to wear to church on sundays. Well I proceeded in along with him and his family not wanting to cause a fuss. Once inside, everyone was settled and the sermon began. The entire area reeked of old people. Well the guy did his whole "god is great thing" and midway through he started talking about how "You need to improve your walk with Jesus." Well this was nothing short of ludicrous to me, so i out right laughed. It was loud, and echoed through out the large church. I caught harsh, stern, and down right pissed off glares from everyone except the Pastor-man himself. He looked as if there was no possible reason to laugh at that. My friend grabbed my arm, and led me out to the lobby. Its a good time to mention that back when we saw each other every day we usually joked about the idiocy of church and religion period. Well once in the Lobby he whisper yelled "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I was awestruck. He had become what he used to hate. He had become a religious zealot. I was quick to respond with "Wrong with me?! Your the one dressed to wake up every morning to be lectured by a dude talking about some dead jewish guy." He snorted through his nose, and i could tell he almost was ready to strike me. Well I spent the rest of the morning in the lobby and waited for them to take us back home. Once there I sat in his room.

He came back in about 20 minutes later and informed me that he had called my parents and they were on the way to take me home. He asked me not to come back over until i respected god as he did. That if i couldnt do that, then i shouldnt bother coming back at all. I was crushed, and its been that way ever since. I lost my best friend because i wouldnt love a god.

How z'at?
I'm touched, really. It must've been soul-crushing for you. Damn, i feel stupid for replying to a post that big with this but you have my sympathy. I guess in the end you just have to dust off and move on.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
And before you ask, I did search...and all I found was a topic back from December. Which didn't relate.

OT: I did lose my remaining faith in humanity very recently. I was debating if I should go on homebound, my school's version of home schooling, cause I was having problems at home and school and was losing my temper and cool quicker than I ever had. When I broached the subject with my counselor, she recommended that I not do it, cause it would only harm my record. Apparently my school has to list why a student goes on homebound, and the reason I was going to list would raise a red flag. So, I stayed in school, but I wish I hadn't. It got out that I wanted to go on homebound and the rumor mole begin.

The rumors went from I was pregnant and my bf wasn't the father to I was a lesbian and my lover had broke up with me in front of the entire junior class at an assembly. I fished my way through the rumors and found out about one that near about killed me. One of the rumors was that my bf was secretly having an affair with my ex. I knew that this rumor wasn't complete bs, cause my ex had been acting jumpy around me lately. So, I went digging a little further. Found out that my bf had been up with my ex and that they had been seen going into a hotel room together...well, I went berserk. Then I had my friend Tyler walk up to me and tell me that he was sorry. My worst fear was that he was going to fess up to starting the rumor, cause Tyler is like a brother to me, come to find out that he was gay and it was HIM that went into the hotel room with my ex.

I lost my faith in humanity that day, cause they turned something innocent into something false and hurtful...I also tracked the rumor back to my cousin's bf...let's just say that they aren't dating anymore.
Thats why I'm homeschooled. If I had stayed in regular school, I would have killed myself. Everyday I was beaten up and humiliated in class. I went 2 years without a single friend. Thank whatever deity for homeschool. I soon met friends and have regained my faith in the human race.
I stuck it out, I even went out of my way to smooth things over for my friend when he decided to come out and tell everyone...I felt horrible for accusing my ex for something he didn't do...
Wow that really sucks. Makes me feel like I quit over nothing. I'm glad that you guys at least smoothed things over but that is really bad. I'm not surprised you lost faith in humanity. You know what might help though?

A friend request :D
Merci for the friend request, and don't feel like you quit for nothing, this is really nothing compared to what I've dealt with in my life...I don't hold anyone to what they choose to do, I would've quit if I gotten beaten up, but I might've gotten kicked out first.
Oh, of course though, I retaliated. I beat the shit out of a few kids there when I was just fed up with it. Through tears I smashed a guy trying to come at me with a knife into the lockers and then his forehead met my knee.

I was lucky though. The day I left for homeschool, was the day 4 people were shot at my old school.
You are one lucky SOB...if a gunfight ever broke out at my school, I would probably be the first to go...people hate me that much...but, hey, I'm used to it...I was never well liked anywhere I went.
Neither was I. I was hated for so long. I love homeschool though. It lets me interact with people with the same interests as me.

I wonder why you were hated though. You seem nice enough to me.
Well, I come from a small town in the middle of nowhere...and you would think I would fit in, well...I didn't. I hated Barbi, played way too many video games, and got into fights everyday. People in my town thought I was the devil and told their kids to stay away from the crazy Volkoff kid. When my dad died, I became depressed and had a even shorter fuse on my temper, I hit someone for looking at me funny and almost broke their jaw, I was in the 6th grade. My mom thought I needed help and put in a psych ward and I was put on anti-depressants, at 11 fucking years old! Maybe 3 months after my dad's death, we moved from our small town to a city 3 counties away and I was promptly released from the psych ward. My mother only made things worse by enrolling in privet school, which I loathed because it was a christian school and I'm atheist. Only good thing that happened there was that I met my best friend, but people still hated me, cause I act differently. It was maybe a year after we moved to the city, we moved to a smaller suburb and I returned to public school where I met one of my other best friends. I started high school and from there things got better.

I am now a senior and am engaged to a wonderful man, who for all the trouble I'm worth, he has stuck by me. I also have the craziest group of friends in the world...and I managed to reconnect with my cousin who goes to school with me. Only real blip in my life is my mother, who hates me cause I remind her of my father...the man she was going to divorce, but died before she could get the chance. But once you get to know me, I really am a good person, I just had a bad childhood experience.
Well I'm glad everything is sorted out. Sorry you had such a rough time in school and sorry to hear about your dad.

I don't know what I'd do if my dad died. I'd either go into a state of total depression that would most likely end up in suicide or I'd turn aggressive and most likely kill someone else.

And sorry to hear your mother disowned you. Jesus christ after all you've been through, you are soul proof that good still exists in humanity. That even in the worst circumstances, you maintained your sanity and lived to be a wonderful human being.
It's funny, cause I ran into someone who I used to go to school with and the first words out of her mouth were, "I thought you were dead." I just laughed and said no, the Devil was afraid that I would take over. She turned white and made an excuse about having to go somewhere. You would think after all I went through that I would be a horrible person, but no, I'm just someone who is too loud and has too dirty a mind. I could make a bowl of cereal seem dirty...I'm just that good. And don't worry about my mom disowning me, I found a mom in my best friend's mom...she is the only woman who ever let me use a knife.

IdealistCommi said:
NekoiHiokans said:
IdealistCommi said:
NekoiHiokans said:
IdealistCommi said:
NekoiHiokans said:
IdealistCommi said:
NekoiHiokans said:
IdealistCommi said:
As soon as the USSR fell, I lost all hope I ever had.
/rolls eyes/ Why do I keep picturing you as a ash-blond with purple eyes and the ability to make Japan get a stomach ache by going, "jiii~"

Cookies for whoever figures out where that came from.
Mabye because I am! (Dun-Dun-Duuun)
Can I just assume you watch Hetalia and give you a digi-cookie?
Yes, yes you can.
Yey, now...where did I stash my cookie jar...? So, can I become one with Russia now???
Yes, you may become one with Russia. What type of cookie is it though?
What kind of cookie do you want...my cookie jar has many different types, Oreo is most common from me...and yey! I've always wanted to become one with Russia.
Do you have sugar cookies? They're my favorite.
Yup, let me dig past all the oreo's first.

http://breckscookies.com/catalog/images/Sugar%20Cookie.jpg

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
Jaranja said:
I'm touched, really. It must've been soul-crushing for you. Damn, i feel stupid for replying to a post that big with this but you have my sympathy. I guess in the end you just have to dust off and move on.
No matter what you think, It does mean something. I really, really appreciate that you said that. Thank you.

leviathanmisha

Jun 21, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
Jaranja said:
No matter what you think, It does mean something. I really, really appreciate that you said that. Thank you.
That does suck about your friend, me and my friend's keep religion out of our friendship because we don't want to ruin it...but seriously, that sucks...I would go crazy without my best friend.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Soundman said:
I regained my faith in humanity when I went to get some KFC and I ordered a bucket and some biscuits. They had no biscuits so they gave me some macaroni and cheese instead. That's all fine and dandy but when I was giving them the money the chick was like "no keep it". I was like ok. Saved me 20 bucks.
This is the absolute best answer ever.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
Julianking93 said:
Lord Thodin said:
Ok so high school sucks and your life just shifted from ONE best friend to the next. However i lost my faith in humanity once i saw the way religion had affected a friend of mine
Please elaborate, this sounds like a fun story :D

I hate how religion twists people.
Hah alright as per request here goes nothing. Also note, that Im going to skip to the part where me and this friend have become very close.

Well I was spending the night at his house one night, He lives about 4 towns away so its either that or never hang, anyway the day I arrive is late Friday. I had not seen this person since I had moved away 2 years previously. I was elated to get to stay up late drinkin soda, eating snacks, and playing video games. Well this was exactly what happened until around 10 o'clock PM on saturday. He suggested to me that we should go to bed early. This was strange as this friend of mine is an insomniac all the same as me. I simply asked why and he replied that we have things to do in the morning. I wasn't to psyched about the idea, but hey his house, his rules.

Next morning breaks. I am abruptly awoken at around 8:30 in the morning. This was odd. We never had a designated time to wake up before. I got up, still groggy eyed to see his whole family awake with a bustle of activity. They were all getting dressed up, showering and the girls were doing their hair. I was still in the clothes i fell asleep in. My friend told to me shower quickly and get ready to leave. I was willing but as he rushed me into the bathroom i said "Calm down, god damn....." He was very quick to reprimand me as if i had just struck him. This was odd as well seeing as how he never cared what i said to him normally. Well I showered and put on my clothes. It was some black T-shirt with some skulls on it or something. A black pullover hoodie and some blue jeans.

When i exited his room to get some breakfast, like the rest of his family they all gazed at me as if I were Hitler in the flesh. I kinda shrugged it off, but all the stares were staring to get at me. I sat down to receive my helping of pancakes. After his Mother was seated i reached for a fork and my hand was quickly slapped away by my friend. I stared at him with a strange smirk on my lips. He could not have been more serious. So i withdrew my hand and sat there. He quickly took my hand in his, as did his father to the left of me. I was starting to freak out when they all bent over the table and started "praying" about how god gave them this gift. A few times I even chuckled being the staunch Atheist I am. My friend was quick to shoot me some harsh glares, once even punching me in the arm.

At this point I am very mad, and confused. Well to save time Ill just say without me knowing we were heading off to church. Once there I saw why they had all stared at me during breakfast. Apparently black is NOT what to wear to church on sundays. Well I proceeded in along with him and his family not wanting to cause a fuss. Once inside, everyone was settled and the sermon began. The entire area reeked of old people. Well the guy did his whole "god is great thing" and midway through he started talking about how "You need to improve your walk with Jesus." Well this was nothing short of ludicrous to me, so i out right laughed. It was loud, and echoed through out the large church. I caught harsh, stern, and down right pissed off glares from everyone except the Pastor-man himself. He looked as if there was no possible reason to laugh at that. My friend grabbed my arm, and led me out to the lobby. Its a good time to mention that back when we saw each other every day we usually joked about the idiocy of church and religion period. Well once in the Lobby he whisper yelled "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I was awestruck. He had become what he used to hate. He had become a religious zealot. I was quick to respond with "Wrong with me?! Your the one dressed to wake up every morning to be lectured by a dude talking about some dead jewish guy." He snorted through his nose, and i could tell he almost was ready to strike me. Well I spent the rest of the morning in the lobby and waited for them to take us back home. Once there I sat in his room.

He came back in about 20 minutes later and informed me that he had called my parents and they were on the way to take me home. He asked me not to come back over until i respected god as he did. That if i couldnt do that, then i shouldnt bother coming back at all. I was crushed, and its been that way ever since. I lost my best friend because i wouldnt love a god.

How z'at?
Z'at vas good!!

But this is really creepy. This happened to me a few weeks ago. A good friend of mine (not best friend but still a good friend) slept over at my house. Every thing went normally until breakfast. He was up much earlier than I or anyone else in my family was and was dressed up like he was going somewhere. I asked him, "Dude what the fuck are you doing?" He replied with, "Getting ready!" in an innocent tone as if this was normal and I was out of my mind to think otherwise.

Well after about an hour he complained to my mom. He said, and I quote, "Excuse me, Ms. Mercer, when will we be going to service?"

Well my mom didn't know what the fuck he was talking about, so she asked him. "I mean church. When will we be off for church?" Thinking he was joking, my mom laughed it off and walked away, setting out plates for breakfast.

Thats when the shit hit the fan.

He began, and I shit you not, crying. It started as just a few tears like he got something in his eye, but then he was on the floor bawling because we weren't going to fucking sunday service!

He then demanded a phone to call his parents.

When he left, and I will never forget this, he said, "I'm sorry, but I cannot be around someone who doesn't worship the lord. Don't ever speak to me again until you have accepted God in your life." then, he drove off with his parents.

I was dumb struck. I had just lost a friend over God?

That was really the breaking point for me. I was always an atheist but that really did it for me. I don't want to sound like an asshole but that was the day I declared all religions to be nothing but shit. All they do is control people and brainwash them into fearing their false prophets.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
ITT: BAAAAAAAAAAW

My faith in humanity is only lost because of people like this lot. Shit happens. Get over it.

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
i have come to realize that most people are just in life for themselves. So yeah I have lost some faith in humanity but I still have some hope that it will get better, I mean everything gets better sooner or later.

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
I lost my faith in humanity when reality shows came out. American Idol is a shining example. Humanity voted for idiots most of the time that had little to no success. While there are some winners who are successful most are washed up. And people voted off people like Daughtry. Who America didn't think was good enough, went on to win two Grammies. That's America shot down. and while I too am an American. I truly believe we are the dumbest. It's no wonder other countries laugh at us. As for the rest of the world. Do I really need to explain?

DeathsAmbassador

Mar 7, 2008
I haven't. The only reason is because I know that people are capable of horrible and evil things, but in the end the good people are the most common. Take the news for example, it's filled with stories of horrible things happening to people and people doing horrible things to each other, but the news only reports on things that will shock people, or the rare things, so the stuff that you don't see in the news is the most common i.e. good things happening.

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Julianking93 said:
NekoiHiokans said:
And before you ask, I did search...and all I found was a topic back from December. Which didn't relate.

OT: I did lose my remaining faith in humanity very recently. I was debating if I should go on homebound, my school's version of home schooling, cause I was having problems at home and school and was losing my temper and cool quicker than I ever had. When I broached the subject with my counselor, she recommended that I not do it, cause it would only harm my record. Apparently my school has to list why a student goes on homebound, and the reason I was going to list would raise a red flag. So, I stayed in school, but I wish I hadn't. It got out that I wanted to go on homebound and the rumor mole begin.

The rumors went from I was pregnant and my bf wasn't the father to I was a lesbian and my lover had broke up with me in front of the entire junior class at an assembly. I fished my way through the rumors and found out about one that near about killed me. One of the rumors was that my bf was secretly having an affair with my ex. I knew that this rumor wasn't complete bs, cause my ex had been acting jumpy around me lately. So, I went digging a little further. Found out that my bf had been up with my ex and that they had been seen going into a hotel room together...well, I went berserk. Then I had my friend Tyler walk up to me and tell me that he was sorry. My worst fear was that he was going to fess up to starting the rumor, cause Tyler is like a brother to me, come to find out that he was gay and it was HIM that went into the hotel room with my ex.

I lost my faith in humanity that day, cause they turned something innocent into something false and hurtful...I also tracked the rumor back to my cousin's bf...let's just say that they aren't dating anymore.
Thats why I'm homeschooled. If I had stayed in regular school, I would have killed myself. Everyday I was beaten up and humiliated in class. I went 2 years without a single friend. Thank whatever deity for homeschool. I soon met friends and have regained my faith in the human race.
Pretty much my story as well actually, albeit in my case I had teachers that for the majority treating you like a dog. Thus because I did not obey, the intentionally were failing me no matter what work I was turning in. I even tested the theory once, asking my mother to do my homework, which was considered a failure. I also went with the Internet and they failed that too. So yeah, that essentially proved it there.

I ditched after grade nine, rebuilt my entire personality and to this day could not be happier with the decision I made because that school was attempting to drag me down to hell and considering I received a failing overall thus would have had to repeat grade nine had I remained, that there was their final means of trying to humiliate myself.

Have to love Homeschooling not counting any of that school's nonsense and allowing me to begin from ten to twelve, finishing all three before I was sixteen.

On topic, I lost faith in humanity years ago. I sometimes wonder if I ever possessed any to begin with.

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
cantthinkofausername said:
I lost faith when I read about the woman marrying the theme park ride. When people go to pieces of metal for love it's time to give up.
Agreed

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I lost my faith is most of humanity, but not all. Until not a single good person remains will I lose it all.

riskroWe

May 12, 2009
I never had faith in humanity to begin with. I always saw humans as either contributing to the collective or leeching off it, and I hate both kinds of people.