Have You Played a Game Just For the Voice Actor?

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Not once. That said, having Stephen Fry as the narrator for LittleBigPlanet was the icing on an already amazing cake, as was having Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill reunite for Batman: Arkham Asylum/City.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
ResonanceSD said:
Nope, but I am playing through Megaman X right now because of the soundtrack.
Best songs in MMX history:

Sky Lagoon (X Mode) from MMX4
X Hunter Stage from MMX2
Zero Grand Theme (MMX3)
And finally, the best song in series:

X vs. Zero (MMX5 and MMX6)
Ahem

Captcha: Fancy pants

Damn straight.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
shrimpcel said:
I only play Nolan North games. Which means I don't have any restrictions.
Ah dammit, you beat me to it!

OT: I wouldn't play a game just for some good voice acting, but it is always nice when Nolan North pops up in the strangest of places.

Mikkel421427

Nov 10, 2010
Bastion. Definetly Bastion. And soon, it's going to be Transistor, also by Supergiant Games, also with Darren Korb behind the soundmixer and also with Rucks, this time as a kick-ass sword... *drooooools*

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Lollipop Chainsaw. (Tara Strong voices the main character.)
I mean, c'mon! Twilight Sparkle mutilating zombies. How could I not?!

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
No, but I really want to play Bulletstorm purely for Steve Blum and Jennifer Hale. Love me a bit of Grunt 'n' FemShep.

So potentially this will one day be a yes.

And while it wasn't the main reason, Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy and Arleen Sorkin were major selling points for Arkham Asylum.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I bought Fistful of Boomstick because of Bruce Campbell (I can't remember the title of the other Evil Dead game...Hail to the King I think...need to get that on the Dreamcast).

I got Brutal Legend because Ozzy is in it.

That's about it I think.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Michael Ironside (as sam Fisher)

Yuri Lowenthal

Im seriously considering getting Dead Space 3 just because it has Simon Templeman in it

Last but not least....J.K. Simmons.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Not yet, but every time I walk by I keep considering picking up Lollipop Chainsaw, just because Tara Strong does the main character.

All I can think of it Twilight Sparkle vs Zombies, FIGHT!

lawrencein

Nov 20, 2009
I.Muir said:
No but I might if Christopher Walken decided to be a voice actor
Good news. Sort of. True Crime: New York City [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462582/?ref_=sr_3] and True Crime: Streets of LA [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378918/].

OT I have never played a game for a voice actor but I put off buying Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Golden and watching the anime because Tracey Rooney was no longer voicing Chie Satonaka.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
00slash00 said:
So I recently finished Saints Row The Third, which I fucking loved. I think a big part of why I loved the game, besides the fact that it was just balls crazy, was the voice talent. I especially loved the voice actor for the female player character, Laura Bailey. I actually kind of want to play other games she starred in, just because shes in them.
Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen. I think almost all of her roles are supporting. The best you'll get is things like the Dawnguard DLC or Catherine where she plays a major supporting role.

My list:
Grey Delisle
Jennifer Hale(yeah, I know...)
Tara Strong

I know, all females. Not because I hate male voice actors, but I can never recognize male voices. Besides Keith David, but he doesn't do a lot of video game stuff, let alone major roles in them.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Only game I've ever bought because of the voice talent was called Tachyon: The Fringe. Bruce Campbell was the main guy. Turned out he was the only decent voice actor in the game. The game itself, was a pretty good space sim shooter in the same area as Wing Commander.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I've considered getting the Amazing Spider-man game because it has Josh Keaton from the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon. I haven't gotten it yet, and form seeing unskipable it seems he isn't playing the character the same way. Other then that I've never really considered getting a game on acting alone.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I like Jack Black way more than I probably should, and he was pretty much the entire reason I got Brütal Legend.