Have You Played A Repeatitive game... and liked it?

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
i was playing because the xbox was down and i sort of got into the swing of things. mining smelting, forging, selling repeat and grow level
ill take a quest i feel a bit adventurus.=)

anything like this happen to you?

p.s the xbox was fixed WITH A TOTAL HARD DRIVE FORMAT!!! OF DEATH!!=)

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
Im playing Borderlands now. It is repetitive no doubt but its so amazing I just cant stop

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
I liked Assassin's Creed (apparently most find it too repetitive), but I liked rounding up an army of guards to then defeat in an epic battle.

ZaCloud

Nov 6, 2009
Lotsa oldskool NES/SNES games are repetitive but definitely fun. Bubble Bobble, the Mario's, etc.

Slightly newer, I sometimes enjoy the repetitiveness in Final Fantasy VII of either racing/breeding chocobos, or battling certain enemies over and over for raising my EXP or my materia's AP. It's therapeutic sometimes, to slowly work toward a goal. Sure, I have to be in the right mood, but when I am I just plain enjoy it, often putting on my favorite nostalgic or kickass music to listen to while I do it. ^_^

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Dark sector. The same puzzle is repeated about five times(guiding "the glave" through a quick puzzle) but the actions scenes are AMAZING.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Furburt said:
Far Cry 2. It's repetitive but fun.

I think I did a thread like this a few days ago though.
It is...strangley addictive.

OP: Mercenaries 2 and Dynasty Warriors 4 are the only ones that come to mind.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Odd thing is, as I have got older I spend less time playing games repetively. About 2/3 years ago, I was playing DooM 2 daily. Now I can't bring myself to play a lot of old games as I feel I've played them enough. See: the driving genre.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Assassin's Creed, Torchlight, Diablo 2, and Crimson Gem Saga.
Had a pretty good run on Pangya too.
I'm not really sure why I liked those games. I usually have very short patience for games.