Have you read this letter?

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I think he's overreacting. There's always been "console wars" and such and hating on others for differing opinions. I don't think it's any worse now than it was before.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
The console war will always exist. Even if they made just a single console then people would just fight over games instead. He's overreacting when really there are worse wars out there, you know the ones where people get killed?

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
All his points are fair and true, but i think hes taking the whole "gaming community" too serious.

Seatownstriker

May 19, 2010
Yeah It happens in all fascets of life. Sometimes trying to get people to get along is like pullin teeth. I can see how it would seem like this. With the instantanious access to information that we have nowadays.

Quid Plura

Apr 27, 2010
He has a point, but is it really worth the discussion? If it was possible to unite a group as big and diverse as all the gamers (or console gamers) in the world, it would've happened a long time ago. People are different. Just because you play a game doesn't mean that everyone else playing it has the same idea of discussion as you. Some just like to yell and be immature. Nothing you can do about it.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Sounds like he hasn't played on good PC clan servers, where there is a community.

But yeah, this is basically what happens with consoles. It'll always be there. It's just that we can now hear what the idiots on the other end are saying.

XavierHarkonnen

May 31, 2010
He's right about not being an ignorant asshat (but that should go without saying). I don't think that the fanboyism is particularly bad right now but with gaming going more mainstream and such (aka more people) there are going to be more mindless fanboys. Honestly from what I've seen is that fanboyism usually spikes about a year before and after a new console gen, for example the amount of people that bashed the fuck out of the ps3 around its launch was fucking outrageous, honestly by the end of 2007 it had enough good games to keep you occupied and had good promise in future games. The amount of hate the ps3 got made sony fanboys even more rabid and defensive. Also RRoD, enough said. Both arguments had a point at a certain point in time but I think by now most rational people have realized all consoles have their benefits / downsides.

Liberaliter

Sep 17, 2008
It's not really a big deal, he's making it sound like some fucking soap opera. Who cares if there is a bit of arguments here and there?

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Evil the White said:
Sounds like he hasn't played on good PC clan servers, where there is a community.

But yeah, this is basically what happens with consoles. It'll always be there. It's just that we can now hear what the idiots on the other end are saying.
AMD vs Intel

Mac vs PC

Windows vs Linux

Nvidia vs Ati

Pc isn't that much better we just happen to have a bit more money to spend

braincore02

Jan 14, 2008
... this all means nothing to me. He's saying we have to stand together as gamers. Why? Are we in an uprising or something? I can understand finding fanboys annoying, but why does it concern you how others are gaming? If someone's acting a fool just ignore them.