Hawken Is Coming To The Big Screen

Olorune

Jan 16, 2009
Shameless said:
How can a Multiplayer only game translate into a movie ?
They planned to make a movie out of WoW. I mean, we don't have any evidence that it would've been/will be good, but they thought it could be done...

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
I first misread the title as "Walken is coming to the big screen" and my first thought was AWESOME I LOVE CHRISTOPHER WALKEN! And then I realized that he's already been in a bunch of movies and that's why I love him and that this is just about some game I've never heard of that involves giant mechs blowing the crap out of each other possibly being made into a movie.

Pft. Lame.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Johnson described early outlines of the the story as, "Romeo & Juliet meets District 9"
So...Avatar? Though after reading that brief synopsis I honestly don't know what to think about it. Also, I hate to say it, but unless the ad campaign for this movie can make people think this is another "Transformers", this will probably be an amazing bust box-office wise, and considering a movie about giant robots would probably have quite the budget, I doubt I company that's existed two and a half months will have the financial backing to properly fund this. Unless they end up putting all the emphasis on the human relationships, and make the mechs more of a background thing, in which case it'll just suck.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Olorune said:
Shameless said:
How can a Multiplayer only game translate into a movie ?
They planned to make a movie out of WoW. I mean, we don't have any evidence that it would've been/will be good, but they thought it could be done...
WoW's universe though has a storyline to it that could make a movie tho.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Woah, that trailer looked pretty stunning, really detailed cockpit. Damn I want this game now.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Not too surprised at this, I mean Hollywood did give a movie deal to a studio based on a teaser trailer for a game that has nothing to do with its actual story or theme.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
::Looks up video clips & screencaps for Hawken:: Bah, everything comes in 6 shades of grayish green. That's no better than everything being brown.

Dec 27, 2010
Torrasque said:
Blah @ Romeo and Juliet part.
I never liked that story, because Romeo just seemed like a remarkable pussy to me.
Yeah, I thought he was an angst-y little sap as well. :/

OT; Wow, I am spectacularly uninterested. What's weirdest about this is why they decided to undoubtedly waste a substantial amount of money on the rights to a game where the concept is the only story.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Wait. Did you mention Clans there? Is this in the Mechwarrior universe? Because that would be fucking awesome.

likalaruku said:
::Looks up video clips & screencaps for Hawken:: Bah, everything comes in 6 shades of grayish green. That's no better than everything being brown.
It's a western mech shooter, what did you expect?

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
as long as the movie would be about giant robots, featuring giant robots, having giant robots fight for 85 out of movies' 90 minutes or so I'm ok with that. When Hollywood introduces a skinny pointless human character to a full CG movie (suckformers 1,2,3) it gets crappy.