HBO Releases Gallery of Game of Thrones Season Six Photos

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
HBO Releases Gallery of Game of Thrones Season Six Photos

[youtube="IxI8aPISq8I"}

And before you ask, no, Jon Snow is nowhere to be found.

Despite bringing a close to a couple key storylines, the fifth season finale of Game of Thrones presented us with a lot more questions than answers. Is Jon Snow really dead? Did Sansa and Theon/Reek survive that impossibly high jump? What will become of Meereen in Daenerys' absence? Can we please promise to never, ever go back to Dorne, even though Myrcella Lannister is dead?

In the past couple of months, the Game of Thrones showrunners have been dropping hints about one of those questions, releasing Snow-centric teaser trailers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165307-The-First-Game-of-Thrones-Teaser-Trailer-Has-Arrived] like the one above to keep us enticed ahead of the sixth season premiere on April 24th. Other than that, however, we've been given next to nothing.

Thankfully, today brings somewhat more definitive proof as to the fate of some Game of Thrones characters. HBO released a massive collection of photos online this morning, and yadda yadda yadda here they are.

[gallery=5681]

In addition to the reunion of Jamie and a recently humbled Cersei Lannister, the photos give us a look at Reek and Sansa on the run, a dusted up Daenerys, a still blind Arya, and a couple faces we haven't seen in awhile as well -- chiefly, Bran Stark accompanied by the Three-Eyed Raven (played by legendary actor Max Von Sydow).

April 24th can't come soon enough.

Source: MAking Game of Thrones [http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/exclusive-pictures-season-6]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
HBO's got a lot of goodwill to win back. Hopefully they take their fuck ups from last season to heart.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Nice, I was half expecting they were going to fill up the season with stuff from book five that was not in the previous one, instead it seems like they will advance Tyrion and Arya's stories a little longer.

BTW, his name is Bran.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Good to see the Greyjosy are back in the limelight and are they going to focus on Ramsay and Roose if Sansa and Theon are truely dead?

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
And the little tree Jedi has become a man. What powers will he possess? First step to bringing balance to the kingdom, neutering Ramsay by worging a swarm of flesh-eating insects. The pictures of the two are even next to each other, as if Sedow is pointing Bran at a great corruption in need of cleansing.

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
Having rage-quit the show last season, I can only hope those who still watch the show get better writing this year instead of the abhorrent mess that was Season 5.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm really beginning to think I'm one of the few people that didn't mind last season all that much.

Ah well.

I'm pretty excited for this coming season. It's great to see the Greyjoys again, and I wanna know how right I am about certain events. For those that read the books, please don't tell me. I wanna figure it out for myself.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Fappy said:
HBO's got a lot of goodwill to win back. Hopefully they take their fuck ups from last season to heart.
As far as HBO is concerned, their only fuck up is not making it harder for people to pirate it (which they will conclude was a result of not being strict enough... not that they offer far too limited options for people outside of the states to watch it).

The issues with the plot deviations (in that they are awful, contrived nonsense, not just that they deviated from the books) hasn't stopped this show from being one of the biggest television events in recent memory.

So don't get your hopes up.

monkeymangler

Feb 9, 2016
Adam Jensen said:
Emilia Clarke just keeps getting cuter.
Tragically, her acting isn't getting any better. 90% of her audience went away when she stopped doing nude scenes, which says something bad about both sides.

I love Dany in the books, but Clarke hasn't gotten better in the years of playing her, and frankly has gotten worse.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Lannisters looking at his dead sister thinking:

"First Jofferey, then Tywin, now Myrcella, hmm now I understand how the Starks feel"

And Tomman is face just says, "OK this is getting fucked up"

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
So anyway my reaction to the images:

1. So they followed through with Arya being blind plot. I predict at the end of the season she will see again judging from the book.

2.Jaime is back in King's Landing?! Now what's stopping him from being in danger of the religious fantatics that have take over the citY?

3.Boltons looking at someone or something as if it interuppted their conversation.

4. Damn the kid that stabbed Jon Snow has grown 3 feet higher :p

5. So what's gonna happen with Davos, Stannis and Jon is so far dead. He's he gonna stay with the Night's Watch?

6. Looks like Sansa and Theon survived their Assassin's Creed style leap of faith.

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Man, I could not be anymore disinterested with the upcoming season just by looking at these images. The pacing has basically been beating around the bush for each season until something stupid happens at the end and then sets us up to watch the show beat around the bush even more with the next season. I'm so sick of Villain Sue Ramsey, Daneris Snoregaryan, Haggard Tyrion, the Lady in Bed and No-dick Theon (or Sansa for that matter), so these images aren't exactly filling me with excitement. The fact that Aria's storyline seems to be heading absolutely no where has diminished any interest of seeing her develope her dumb warg powers. Her whole motive for revenge just feels so moot now when the majority of the people she swore revenge against have been killed by someone.

In fact, all the interesting characters have either died or fucked off somewhere into the wilderness (and I don't blame them)

I give this a resounding "meh"