Heavy Rain Delayed to 2010

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Heavy Rain Delayed to 2010

Remarks made during a preview on the Gametrailers TV show of upcoming PS3 interactive drama Heavy Rain suggest that the anticipated title won't be coming out until next year.

I confess that I've mostly managed to miss the Heavy Rain hype train so far. Maybe it's because I never played Indigo Prophecy (or Fahrenheit, if you're outside the States), but the only thing that I really know for sure about Heavy Rain is that when I hear the title, it makes me think of Chocolate Rain [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA]. Quite the mental association, there.

Unfortunately, for everyone out there who is looking forward to the game, you're going to have to wait a little longer. At the end of a special video preview of the game on Gametrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=60&ch=1&sd=0]' TV show, presenter Geoff Keighley - who was interviewing the title's US managing producer - remarked that the game "is going to be coming out next year exclusively for the PlayStation 3."

This goes against previous remarks from Sony representatives indicating that PS3 owners would see Heavy Rain by the end of this year. While unveiling the game at last year's Leipzig Game Convention, David Reeves (then the President of Sony Europe) said that it would be "the great game for PlayStation 3 next year."

While it is always possible that Keighley simply misspoke and that Sony and/or Quantic Dream will be releasing a correction, it seems safe to assume that the title has been pushed back.

Who knows? Maybe the delay will give them time to hire Tay Zonday to do some voicework. Don't try and tell me that that wouldn't be awesome, either.

Heavy Rain will be on display at E3 next week.

(VG247 [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/heavy-rain-delayed-until-2010])

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
As much as I want this game, and as painful as it will be waiting untill 2010, I want them to
take their time to ensure it's the game we all know it has the potential to be.
Hopefully there should be enough this year to make the wait more bearable.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Noooooooooooooooo!

*collects himself*

Noooooooooooooooo!

Alright, I'm done... I'm done...

This makes me sad, I was really looking forward to this release... though with InFamous and Uncharted 2... I suppose I'll be fine until 2010 for PS3 Exclusives.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
*cries like a 2 year old*
D: but...but...they said 2009!!! ._. NOOOOOO!!!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
The only reason I'm fine with this is because I don't plan to get a PS3 until 2010.

However if I owned one now I would be slightly disappointed, but I would never scorn a delay to a game. The developers want the game to be perfect, and if they aren't happy with it, then we should trust in them to take great pains to make it as close to perfection as possible.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...

Saevus

Jul 1, 2008
Trivun said:
I'm pissed off that it's a PS3 exclusive. If it was made multi-platform like Farenheit then I'd be happy to wait until next year. Once again us 360 owners lose out to the sweet smell of green...
And PC users. I'm pretty intensely pissed off about the exclusivity given that, bar the staggeringly bad third act, Fahrenheit was by far one of the better recent games I've played.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Never heard of it. I honestly thought this was some weird weather report.
Me too, I was wandering what had caused the rain to be so heavy.

MrPop

May 14, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Haha. Yeah. That's what I thought when I read the title. Although I had never heard of the game so I thought "No heavy rain till next year" :O

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Hopefully they will take that time to take out all the QTEs.
Question is: will there be anything left?

I like to hear about delays. Usually the final product is worth the wait... Usually.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
MrPop said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Haha. Yeah. That's what I thought when I read the title. Although I had never heard of the game so I thought "No heavy rain till next year" :O
So I'm not the only one? It was thinking all the rain was going to build up and then there'd be a massive storm in 2010 lol. And now I just have Chocolate Rain stuck in my head.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
I guess I'm the only one who thought of Chubby Rain, a movie within a movie, if you will.

Anyway, I remember reading about this game back when I still got GameInformer (Never again), it's supposed to do things rather...differently.