Heavy Rain Nude Shower Scene Also Leaked

NickIsCool

Nov 18, 2009
AHHHHHHHHH i want a ps3 so bad just for this damn game

QQ i NEED to play this :'{( <--- crying with a mustache

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
A1 said:
First, there were more than four sounds used throughout the trailer and it's highly unlikely that they will keep using a limited set of sounds throughout the entire game since the game has four protagonists that get placed in variety of different situations.
He was clearly exaggerating, but I do agree with him to a certain extent. I mean, while I was watching the scene, I was able to look past the uncanny valley for a bit, but I felt the immersion was shattered by the fact that there was no dialogue. Maybe it's just me, but it seems odd to me that a human being who is being assaulted by multiple masked men wouldn't scream, "Get away from me!" or "Please don't hurt me!" or something else to that effect in those awkward pauses while they were trying to corner her. Like you said, though, it's subjective. I mean, another thing I thought when I was looking at the game was, "Man, they've been wrestling and running a lot. They should be pretty tired by now. How do they still have the energy to scream and grunt like that?" but I know that's kind of pushing it.

All that being said, the game does look interesting. I know people have been mentioning Indigo Prophecy a bunch, but that's exactly what I thought of before the chick was even assaulted. It's certainly not a bad thing, though, because I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy despite its shortcomings.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
My interest in the game has been resparked

EDIT: The french part was the scariest of all hahaha, oh and the only unrealistic thing was the shower having instant hot water, that never happens in real life, hehehe.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
commasplice said:
A1 said:
First, there were more than four sounds used throughout the trailer and it's highly unlikely that they will keep using a limited set of sounds throughout the entire game since the game has four protagonists that get placed in variety of different situations.
He was clearly exaggerating, but I do agree with him to a certain extent. I mean, while I was watching the scene, I was able to look past the uncanny valley for a bit, but I felt the immersion was shattered by the fact that there was no dialogue. Maybe it's just me, but it seems odd to me that a human being who is being assaulted by multiple masked men wouldn't scream, "Get away from me!" or "Please don't hurt me!" or something else to that effect in those awkward pauses while they were trying to corner her. Like you said, though, it's subjective. I mean, another thing I thought when I was looking at the game was, "Man, they've been wrestling and running a lot. They should be pretty tired by now. How do they still have the energy to scream and grunt like that?" but I know that's kind of pushing it.

All that being said, the game does look interesting. I know people have been mentioning Indigo Prophecy a bunch, but that's exactly what I thought of before the chick was even assaulted. It's certainly not a bad thing, though, because I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy despite its shortcomings.

It's interesting that you should mention Madison's reaction and the fact that she didn't scream out or beg for mercy or anything like that. It's important to keep in mind that Madison is a photojournalist who's looking for a dangerous serial killer. So it's probably safe to say that she has a pretty decent amount of both guts and courage. If she was the kind of person who cracked and/or backed down at the first sign of danger then she wouldn't be a character in this story.

And as for the amount of time the people were active, it's not hard to explain. It can be explained all in a single word: adrenaline. Increased energy and muscled performance. If there were two guys trying to kill you than I think you'd be surprised what your body could do under those circumstances too.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
A1 said:
It's interesting that you should mention Madison's reaction and the fact that she didn't scream out or beg for mercy or anything like that. It's important to keep in mind that Madison is a photojournalist who's looking for a dangerous serial killer. So it's probably safe to say that she has a pretty decent amount of both guts and courage. If she was the kind of person who cracked and/or backed down at the first sign of danger then she wouldn't be a character in this story.

And as for the amount of time the people were active, it's not hard to explain. It can be explained all in a single word: adrenaline. Increased energy and muscled performance. If there were two guys trying to kill you than I think you'd be surprised what your body could do under those circumstances too.
I think this might be a good time for me to concede that I don't know anything about the game that I didn't see in that one leaked clip. I can see where you're coming from on the point of her not begging for her life or anything, but I still don't feel that that scene would've gone down the same way in the real world. I think my first instinct, even if I wasn't afraid of the danger itself, would be to try and get the attention of my neighbors. That way, even if I lost the fight, there's a chance that someone might have heard the screams of "Put down that gun!" or "Get the hell out of my house" and called the cops or something. I mean, that alone could mean the difference between them discovering my disappearance that night and discovering it 4 months later, along with my body because there was in my life to find it odd that I'd been missing.

As for the thing about adrenaline, you make a good point. I never thought of it like that. Honestly, though, despite my problems with the scene itself, I'm still interested in the game. I'd probably pick it up if I had a PS3. I like that they seem to be going for realism and the whole "interactive movie" aspect because I think there are some real possibilities there, at least as far as storytelling in gaming goes. It's just that their attempts at realism make it that much easier for me to find things to complain about because, at the end of the day, it's not real life. It's not even a film of real people. Like 51gunner said, though, they're starting to crawl out of the uncanny valley and I think the day when we achieve optimum realism isn't too far off.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
commasplice said:
A1 said:

I think this might be a good time for me to concede that I don't know anything about the game that I didn't see in that one leaked clip. I can see where you're coming from on the point of her not begging for her life or anything, but I still don't feel that that scene would've gone down the same way in the real world. I think my first instinct, even if I wasn't afraid of the danger itself, would be to try and get the attention of my neighbors. That way, even if I lost the fight, there's a chance that someone might have heard the screams of "Put down that gun!" or "Get the hell out of my house" and called the cops or something. I mean, that alone could mean the difference between them discovering my disappearance that night and discovering it 4 months later, along with my body because there was in my life to find it odd that I'd been missing.

As for the thing about adrenaline, you make a good point. I never thought of it like that. Honestly, though, despite my problems with the scene itself, I'm still interested in the game. I'd probably pick it up if I had a PS3. I like that they seem to be going for realism and the whole "interactive movie" aspect because I think there are some real possibilities there, at least as far as storytelling in gaming goes. It's just that their attempts at realism make it that much easier for me to find things to complain about because, at the end of the day, it's not real life. It's not even a film of real people. Like 51gunner said, though, they're starting to crawl out of the uncanny valley and I think the day when we achieve optimum realism isn't too far off.

Okay, the words that leap out at me here are "my first instinct". Different people = different personal instincts that stem from different personalities. Maybe that's how you would have reacted had you been in that situation. But you weren't in that situation, the character of Madison Paige was. I think it's a good thing to know yourself but I also think it's a good thing to avoid being limited by your own identity so to speak.

Jettling

May 27, 2009
why is it that showing breasts seems to immediately get it either banned or slapped with an M rating? Here in England it's only a 15+ and i agree with that fully, if you take a shower you see yer own genitals do you not? good christ...