Heavy Rain Nude Shower Scene Also Leaked

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Not that this shower scene is why but this game is the first that makes me want a ps3.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah, this is getting banned in Australia.

OT: I'm not voicing an opinion anymore on this game until I get to play it.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
She sure has some moves, it seems people in Heavy Rain have all taken self-defense classes.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
whiskey rock n said:
Toasty Virus said:
I wish I had a PS3.....

This game looks really good

EDIT: Also I wonder what would happen if you just didn't put your clothes back on
Nude female wrestling match perhaps. Also I couldn't help notice she didn't wash her hands after using the bathroom.
She also didn't wipe. Unhygienic.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Wow, that looked really cool. And now I'm so very glad that I took French in high school ;)

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
I bet this will be Yahtzee's GOTY will the entire scene being a sequence of quick time events. Im alright with the occasional quick time event but this is just over the top. No thanks.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
YESSSS!!!!! Finally video games get serious! This is what Mass Effect 2 needed to be a perfect 10/10!

Visulth

Jun 25, 2009
TylerC said:
I thought everyone hated quick time events.
To be honest, I've always liked them. It was only when I started watching Yahtzee did I notice people did not like them. And by people, I mean Yahtzee. I haven't really heard "mere mortals" speak of their opinions on the matter.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Intresting...well, certainly a level of realism and grounding in there. I like how it works, really, really cool.

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Visulth said:
TylerC said:
To be honest, I've always liked them. It was only when I started watching Yahtzee did I notice people did not like them. And by people, I mean Yahtzee. I haven't really heard "mere mortals" speak of their opinions on the matter.
Well, I mean, I've always hated them. It's one of the many reasons SW: The Force Unleashed was ruined for me.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Also, boobies. That is all.
Congrats Greg, you have made my Quote of the Day.

OT: While that was cool and all, some of the movements and such didn't seem very fluid and nipped at the Uncanny Valley.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Eukaryote said:
This game is bad news for the industry, and even worse news as a game indicative of where we are going as a medium.
Are you kidding me? This is exactly what the industry needs. Something fresh, mature and innovative when everyone is busy spending their millions on making the same game over and over.

Your opinion on the gameplay is yours to have, but don't be so bold as to say this is bad for the most creative industry in the world just because it's different.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Eukaryote said:
Wow, that looks like the most boring game I have ever seen, and I use the term lightly. I have insulted the concept of this game form day one, and have found no reason not to insult it more.

My biggest complaints:
-Crappy graphics
-The gameplay is essentially only quicktime events
-It is an interactive movie
-If you just watched that scene, you'll agree with me if I say that game is real life + criminals and conspiracy. Why throw in her going through her nightly routine? WHO CARES? I don't want to watch her take a birth control pill, shower, pee, admire herself in the mirror- I can do all those things in real life!(ok, I would admittedly mess up my hormonal balance big time if I took a BCP, but you get my point I'm sure) What is the point of Escapism if you are emulating actual life?
-Everyone is making a big fuss about showing boobs. This has really disappointed me. I thought the mean average maturity in the world adult population was above that of an 8 year old, but I guess not. I would be disappointed if anyone made a fuss about showing genitals, but that at least is SLIGHTLY more understandable than being upset about breasts!

This game is bad news for the industry, and even worse news as a game indicative of where we are going as a medium.

scnj said:
whiskey rock n said:
Toasty Virus said:
I wish I had a PS3.....

This game looks really good

EDIT: Also I wonder what would happen if you just didn't put your clothes back on
Nude female wrestling match perhaps. Also I couldn't help notice she didn't wash her hands after using the bathroom.
She also didn't wipe. Unhygienic.
Good, I'm not the only one who noticed.
Nope not a square to spare in the entire game.

Am I the only one who was waiting for her to let out a huge fart? That would have put the game in my must buy list.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Heavy Rain: The Game You Don't Need To Buy Because We Leaked The Whole Damn Thing On The Internet

Now available online, coming soon to PS3

Tzekelkan

Dec 27, 2009
Eukaryote said:
Wow, that looks like the most boring game I have ever seen, and I use the term lightly. I have insulted the concept of this game form day one, and have found no reason not to insult it more.

My biggest complaints:
-Crappy graphics
-The gameplay is essentially only quicktime events
-It is an interactive movie
-If you just watched that scene, you'll agree with me if I say that game is real life + criminals and conspiracy. Why throw in her going through her nightly routine? WHO CARES? I don't want to watch her take a birth control pill, shower, pee, admire herself in the mirror- I can do all those things in real life!(ok, I would admittedly mess up my hormonal balance big time if I took a BCP, but you get my point I'm sure) What is the point of Escapism if you are emulating actual life?
-Everyone is making a big fuss about showing boobs. This has really disappointed me. I thought the mean average maturity in the world adult population was above that of an 8 year old, but I guess not. I would be disappointed if anyone made a fuss about showing genitals, but that at least is SLIGHTLY more understandable than being upset about breasts!

I really, really, really think you're over-reacting. You have the right to not like the game. Heck, you have the right to hate the game before you even play it. Whatever, I don't mind. You don't like quicktime events and seeing people go through their nightly routine, that's fine. I personally believe it just creates the atmosphere and sets the tone for the whole thing, but whatever, I digress.

But from there to saying that it's bad news for the "industry" (games? movies? interactive media?)... it's just too much. Heavy Rain is an experiment. It's coming from people who've done something like this before, but at a smaller level.

However, it sounds to me like you're worried that Shepard in Mass Effect 3 is going to have to go to the john before every mission or that Kratos will need to shave his legs in God of War IV, or that a future GTA game will feature full-frontal male nudity (oh, wait...).

You're worried about the direction "we are going as a medium". Which one is that? You're fearing that all games will become entirely quicktime events now? Or are you worried that games will try to build up atmosphere more? Or that games, heavens-forbid, evolve into the same crappy graphics as Heavy Rain? (I wish!)

I think you should calm down and realize that there are many things that are worth hating and insulting and generally building up rage points for in life, but a video game (any video game) is most likely not one of them. I can assure you, Heavy Rain will make the "industry" crash and burn.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I gotta admit, the towel scene was just a giant tumble into the uncanny valley. Other than that and the seemingly overuse of the sixaxis, I'd say it looks pretty interesting.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
TylerC said:
To tell the truth, I was always fairly nonplussed about them, but I can see where people can get irritated by them. As I've said before, the reason people don't like them is because they are essentially improperly incorporated into a game, and also dumb it down to "Press X to not die". I think it would be a difficult job to get over the idea of a quick-time event basically being "Press X to not die", but I've always been of the opinion that there is a way to build an intriguing and entirely functional gameplay system out of quick-time events, and I think Heavy Rain is a convincing step towards that goal. Whether or not I'm right in that respect is yet to be seen, but I am definitely going to buy Heavy Rain to see how well they've implemented it.