Hello, Elliot Page

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

So I was once asked why do I make a big deal about Transitioning. I ask, why do people make a big deal about birth? A new person in the world is a new person in the world.

Welcome, Elliot. Do well, be happy, live your life.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Welcome, Elliot. Do well, be happy, live your life.
It really should be as simple as that. Why anyone on the outside looking in feels the need to have an opinion on other peoples' personal lives that in no way affect anyone save for themselves has always been, is now and will always be beyond me.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Does being attracted to a transgender male (f2m) make a cis male gay?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Eh, two ways to look at it. I'm not sure if Elliot did any body transitioning yet. So you can wait and still see if you feel the same way, or you can embrace the "I'm Gay for ___" lifestyle and realize... we would have all done Prince if we got the chance.

That fact is the only true and ardent thing about Sexuality. We would all have done Prince.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've always found "Ellen" Paige to be an attractive woman in the "girl next door" sorta way. But to answer your question, unless you find them more attractive in their male identity, I think you're hetero-safe.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Nope. I mean a gay man might be attracted to him but being attracted wouldn't necessarily to him doesn't automatically mean you're gay. Also he's non-binary.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Nope. I mean a gay man might be attracted to him but being attracted wouldn't necessarily to him doesn't automatically mean you're gay. Also he's non-binary.
Non binary? But he's chosen male? What is the distinction?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I'd say rip career if it wasn't gone already.
I'd think he would only rise in demand after this. Netflix is most likely hurriedly rewriting a script to cast Elliot as the lead.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
I've always found "Ellen" Paige to be an attractive woman in the "girl next door" sorta way. But to answer your question, unless you find them more attractive in their male identity, I think you're hetero-safe.
To be honest, defined sexuality seems pretty meaningless in a world where futanari exists. I mean I really don't care at this point, just curious on the technicalities.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Okay Im going to be crass here because I want to be clear: what gender/sexual orientation of person is he trying to attract/have a relationship with?
Lets assume Elliot is gay, meaning attracted to men. Those men are themselves attracted to men. So the target demographic is gay men who are attracted to men, but are okay with a partner with a vagina.
Lets assume Elliot is straight, meaning attracted to women. Those women are themselves attracted to men. So the target demographic is straight women who are attracted to men, but are okay with a partner with a vagina.
Lets assume Elliot is keeping the 'lesbian' sexual orientation from before she transitioned into a he. So the target demographic is lesbian women, who want to date a male, but are also attracted to a vagina.

It seems like a lot of paperwork and loops to jump through in terms of identification, consent, courtship, etc...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I mean as Ellen he largely starred in off kilter indie flicks. His career will probably be fine. Also he probably cares more about, y'know, mental health and wellbeing and being honest with himself than being famous as a woman.
The reality is Page's been working just fine for years, it's just never been anything huge, which frankly I don't think they're really all that concerned with. And the original snarky remark seems to forget Page's been in the fairly popular Umbrella Academy for 2 seasons, which has been getting a lot of attention lately.

The implied conceit is that if you aren't the kind of actor that appears in Marvel films or whatever, you're nobody. When the reality is the majority of people who work in acting/theater, fall into this category, and they make a living just fine, doing something they love.

So yeah, pretty stupid comment really. Not yours, the one you replied to.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean as Ellen he largely starred in off kilter indie flicks. His career will probably be fine. Also he probably cares more about, y'know, mental health and wellbeing and being honest with himself than being famous as a woman.
I was about to say this. Im sure he'll be fine, and in today's day and age with people needing to be part of the demographic they're cast to play, Elliot is one of the only young, conventionally attractive, white, and known names in Hollywood to play a trans character in a movie, so he'll be fine.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Okay Im going to be crass here because I want to be clear: what gender/sexual orientation of person is he trying to attract/have a relationship with?
Lets assume Elliot is gay, meaning attracted to men. Those men are themselves attracted to men. So the target demographic is gay men who are attracted to men, but are okay with a partner with a vagina.
Lets assume Elliot is straight, meaning attracted to women. Those women are themselves attracted to men. So the target demographic is straight women who are attracted to men, but are okay with a partner with a vagina.
Lets assume Elliot is keeping the 'lesbian' sexual orientation from before she transitioned into a he. So the target demographic is lesbian women, who want to date a male, but are also attracted to a vagina.

It seems like a lot of paperwork and loops to jump through in terms of identification, consent, courtship, etc...
I think it's pretty simple to just condense it down to "Does the idea of getting nekked with me and us making each other have sweaty, body shaking orgasms sound good to you? If yes, let's go fuck." And who really cares what categories it falls into?

Reactions: Kwak

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I think it's pretty simple to just condense it down to "Does the idea of getting nekked with me and us making each other have sweaty, body shaking orgasms sound good to you? If yes, let's go fuck." And who really cares what categories it falls into?
I thought categories was the whole point? All the different pronouns, genders, sexual orientations. Cis, trans, fluid, neo, pan, bi, wet, wild, non - these are all categories. Elliot himself in his post states he's a he, which is a category, he is trans, another category, and his pronouns are he and they, a third category.
If the question is who really cares about who falls into what categories, I think the answer is the LGBTQX+ movement. All of those letters represent a category.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I thought categories was the whole point? All the different pronouns, genders, sexual orientations. Cis, trans, fluid, neo, pan, bi, wet, wild, non - these are all categories. Elliot himself in his post states he's a he, which is a category, he is trans, another category, and his pronouns are he and they, a third category.
If the question is who really cares about who falls into what categories, I think the answer is the LGBTQX+ movement. All of those letters represent a category.
yes but that's not the issue in your self admitted, crass post. You started asking things like "what kind of person is he trying to attract?" which 1. Isn't really your business. 2. Has nothing to do with the announcement. You started implying it was going to be like some kind of job interview to establish dating routines. My point is who cares? Since you aren't the one being dated, it really doesn't matter at all for you or me. And whoever Page is attracted to, of whatever orientation and attraction, if it's mutual, then they can just get to fucking, and they don't need to worry about checking off any boxes on a spreadsheet or whatever.