Help Is On The Way For European PSN Customers

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
LetalisK said:
I'm going to be PISSED if I'm not eligible for this. I bought a PS3 right before the PSN went down and I hadn't made a PSN account yet. I really hope I'll still be eligible for all the goodies they're giving out. Anyone know?
Why would you be? If they didn't have your info, you weren't affected.

But, hey. Getting pissed at not being able to profit off other peoples' misfortune is totally legit!

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Nile McMorrow said:
Andy Chalk said:
SCEE will also offer PS3 customers two free games from a list of five, while PSP customers can choose two freebies out of a list of four. The list of games to choose from has not yet been revealed.
Bribe much?
"Here, have these two free games that are probably going to be from the list of least downloaded or everyone-already-has games that are also indie titles and not $60 games as compensation for not giving you full security. Come back to us when PSN comes back online. Please? [sub][sub]Also there are some new contracts that you have to agree to that restrict your rights and usuage on PSN and PSN has a subscription now to make back all the money we spent on your new security protection and on 'giving away' those 'great' games the majority of you will receive *cough* take.[/sub][/sub] Because we are Sony and we care about you and your wallet during this hard time."
Man, some people will nag about anything, even when given some presents.
You should be glad Sony is doing this, they don't even owe us anything.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Saphatorael said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Andy Chalk said:
SCEE will also offer PS3 customers two free games from a list of five, while PSP customers can choose two freebies out of a list of four. The list of games to choose from has not yet been revealed.
Bribe much?
"Here, have these two free games that are probably going to be from the list of least downloaded or everyone-already-has games that are also indie titles and not $60 games as compensation for not giving you full security. Come back to us when PSN comes back online. Please? [sub][sub]Also there are some new contracts that you have to agree to that restrict your rights and usuage on PSN and PSN has a subscription now to make back all the money we spent on your new security protection and on 'giving away' those 'great' games the majority of you will receive *cough* take.[/sub][/sub] Because we are Sony and we care about you and your wallet during this hard time."
I barely use PSN as it is since the Xbox is my prefered console. Its just that the last few pieces of news I've seen concerning this whole thing has had reference to free stuff snuck in somewhere. It just makes me think Sony are trying to bribe people into forgetting everything by giving them free stuff when PSN comes back online. Also I guess I should point out that Sony owes people security says so when they sign up with them and give them their information. Yes, I guess it was a kind of nag but you should hear me when I nag about nothing :p.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Nile McMorrow said:
I barely use PSN as it is since the Xbox is my prefered console. Its just that the last few pieces of news I've seen concerning this whole thing has had reference to free stuff snuck in somewhere. It just makes me think Sony are trying to bribe people into forgetting everything by giving them free stuff when PSN comes back online. Also I guess I should point out that Sony owes people security says so when they sign up with them and give them their information. Yes, I guess it was a kind of nag but you should hear me when I nag about nothing :p.
Well, at least you admit you prefer 360 over PS3, but still... it's just pointless flamebait when you post like that :<

I myself hardly use any online features of the PS3 since I can't even get online at my dorm, so I doubt I'll even be able to claim those games in time, but Sony is trying to lick its wounds now, it's a nice gesture to still hand out stuff to their customers (even though the games might be crap, just assume they will be and then use that as an 'argument' to bash them some more)

Phalanges

Apr 18, 2011
CaptainSHOOK said:
Thanks Sony, go across seas first, those people north of you, we're fine. Jesus.
Did you expect SCEE to be working on a Canadian plan? There isn't one team dealing with the world, you know.

monojono

Sep 3, 2009
CaptainSHOOK said:
Thanks Sony, go across seas first, those people north of you, we're fine. Jesus.
Sony is a Japanese company, so if you mean canada that would be going 'across seas'. Give them some time, it's gonna be a long, complicated process to provide cover for the entire world.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Hate to be part of the throng of people asking, but: do Australians get any support on this issue?

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Saphatorael said:
...it's a nice gesture to still hand out stuff to their customers (even though the games might be crap, just assume they will be and then use that as an 'argument' to bash them some more).
Wait... O.O Did I just read you write that I should use the assumption that the 5 psn games they are giving away are possibly going to be crap as an arguement to bash Sony? But didn't you just... I thought you said... WHUT? CONFUSION IN MEANING! EXPLAIN.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
M_aureus said:
I hope the free games are big title games. That would be awesome.
probably big titles from 2009 or something, will they hell be for this year, and i seriously doubt any titles from 2010.

But still least Sony are trying to do right, even if it is taking ages for PSN users.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Saphatorael said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Andy Chalk said:
Bribe much?
I agree with that, they actually don't owe anyone anything, and yet they are giving users 2 free games.

Hell i wouldn't complain, and didn't Valve do this, but it was only a copy of Left4Dead 2 to the MW2 users on steam?

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Oh thanks a fucking ton Sony idenity theft protection two and half weeks later? Wheres the line I get in to give you a blowjob. Had I not already cancelled my cards and paid for a protection service I'm sure I would be grateful.

And yes they do owe us they are contractually obligated by Britains DPA to ensure that if they store my financial and personal details that they are fucking secure, and PSN+ customers do pay monthly they are owed in full.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
BabyRaptor said:
LetalisK said:
I'm going to be PISSED if I'm not eligible for this. I bought a PS3 right before the PSN went down and I hadn't made a PSN account yet. I really hope I'll still be eligible for all the goodies they're giving out. Anyone know?
Why would you be? If they didn't have your info, you weren't affected.

But, hey. Getting pissed at not being able to profit off other peoples' misfortune is totally legit!
So is misplaced sarcastic aggression, from what I hear.

Jun 7, 2010
WHAT!!!???

I wait 2 FUCKING WEEKS, get my details stolen and ALL I GET is 2 games out of a LIST OF FIVE!?

How do I know they're all going to be fucking shit. At least give us some fucking freedom to choose what we want for ourselves you fucks!

Jesus fucking Christ. -_-

jaing1138

May 25, 2010
The games will inevitably those that sony can save the most money on, plus they'll inevitably be digital downloads or whatever so it'll be useless to then sell or trade for better games at stores. I was hoping sony would be better than this like giving free credit which would be be much more satisfying Nice to see their spending as much thought on this as their security. Still bloody hackers I hope they get caught especially if they did it just to prove a point or because they're a whiny bunch of bastards who like to hurt those that are innocent. That being said and done I will take advantage of the offer sony has given I won't forgive them neccesarilly but I'll take advantage as much as I can. Still at least it's not just europe that'll be screwed over like I feared.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
HankMan said:
Andy Chalk said:
Yeah...
from what I understand, appeasement usually doesn't work out to well in Europe
Czech people would tend to agree with you