Help me pick a game to buy for the Steam sale!

Jun 10, 2011
I want to buy a game (or several) during the autumn Steam sale but I don't know what to get. Mostly I'm looking to get something with a good, engaging story.

I'm playing on a newish macbook pro so it obviously has to be Mac compatible and not too graphically intensive. I'm mostly thinking indie style games like Papers, Please which I just bought or The Walking Dead, which I also just bought.

Thank you guys! I kind of hope this turns into a favorite games on Steam thread because they have so much stuff I've never heard of and a lot of it can be terrible.

The games I have on my computer already are:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent,

Bastion,

Braid,

Counter-Strike: Source

Droid Assault

FTL

Garry's Mod

Half Life 2, Ep. 1&2

Hotline Miami

Killing Floor

Portal 1&2

Revenge of the Titans

Civ IV

Civ V

TF2

Titan Attacks

Ultratron

World of Goo

Papers, Please

The Walking Dead

Thanks!

niknar266

Sep 22, 2011
I was going to suggest Terraria as it's only £1.50 and I've sank 100 hours into it according to steam but it only runs on Windows so unless you're bootcamped it's useless. The other games that are good and at a good price point I don't think the mac would run well.

The only one I can suggest that I've played and know runs on mac is L4D2 it's pretty good similar to killing floor (both zombie shooters) and is at its usual 75% off steam sale price just now.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Sleeping Dogs in sale 80% off. $5 for the game, another $10ish for the DLC. I got both. Very pretty so far. Like a cross between GTA 5 and Batman Arkham City. I'm liking it a lot. Good luck.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
The Mac requirement really limits your options unfortunately. That said, I'd recommend Left 4 Dead 2 and the Arkham games. You can get a lot of hours out of those titles. The Wolf Among Us as well. It's not discounted very much, but if you like Telltale games you might want to check it out.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
If you enjoyed the style of Telltale's Walking Dead look into The Wolf Among Us. A kind of film noir style take on classic fairy tails. Only the first episode is out, but it's off to a good start.

There's Limbo. Another dark puzzle side-scroller. Free of any spoken narrative, but it has a strong atmosphere to it.

Psychonauts is definitely worth a try if you're in the story department. An adventure platformer taking place within various strange people's minds.

WongKy

Nov 7, 2012
The Original Deus Ex, and Fallout 3/New Vegas, Prison Architect,The Witcher Franchise

Full

Sep 3, 2012
How about you just buy Papers, Please and just forget about all the other games.

Sounds like a plan Stain.