Help me remember this 80's Cartoon

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
I am trying to remember the name of an old Cartoon I used to watch in the 80?s. I don?t remember all the details but will put in what I can remember. Any help would be great because I would like to find it again. It was also a Fantasy setting.

One of the main things is I remember the big bad had a floating fortress of some sort. He had this pool of water before his throne that was filled with Gems and he would summon a few of them and create a monster with them, and when the monster was defeated the Gems dropped to the ground. I remember the big bad also captured the Hero?s girlfriend.

There was a point where the hero had to get an Ice Sword when he found it, it was stuck in something and when he pulled it out the monster the sword kept frozen awoke and he had to fight it.

I believe he had 2 companions one of which was a woman who had found some strange metallic object she liked to use as a sword which looked like a super elongated diamond which she would fight with.

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
Not Galtar, or Dreamstone. I am starting to think it was Dragon Warrior... but im not sure.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Vash108 said:
I am trying to remember the name of an old Cartoon I used to watch in the 80?s. I don?t remember all the details but will put in what I can remember. Any help would be great because I would like to find it again. It was also a Fantasy setting.

One of the main things is I remember the big bad had a floating fortress of some sort. He had this pool of water before his throne that was filled with Gems and he would summon a few of them and create a monster with them, and when the monster was defeated the Gems dropped to the ground. I remember the big bad also captured the Hero?s girlfriend.

There was a point where the hero had to get an Ice Sword when he found it, it was stuck in something and when he pulled it out the monster the sword kept frozen awoke and he had to fight it.

I believe he had 2 companions one of which was a woman who had found some strange metallic object she liked to use as a sword which looked like a super elongated diamond which she would fight with.
I have no idea, but that show sounds awesome. I hope someone remembers what it's called, because now I want to watch it too.

LiraelG

Jun 22, 2011
Have you looked on sites which list 80s cartoons? I managed to find the names of a few favourites using those! :)

Vash108

Jul 18, 2008
It is Dragon Warrior, it was dubbed over in English in the 80's on public TV right after school. But was pulled because they did not give Akira Toriyama credit. I loved that show as a kid, I need to see if I can find the full run of it.

Manged to find a subbed episode.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19180288xswsfswf?h1=Dragon+Quest%3A+Yuusha+Abel+Densetsu+Episode+1+English+Subbed

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Vash108 said:
It is Dragon Warrior, it was dubbed over in English in the 80's on public TV right after school. But was pulled because they did not give Akira Toriyama credit. I loved that show as a kid, I need to see if I can find the full run of it.

Manged to find a subbed episode.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v19180288xswsfswf?h1=Dragon+Quest%3A+Yuusha+Abel+Densetsu+Episode+1+English+Subbed
...WOAH.

That freaking hilarious, he looks like a grown Goku.