Help me see into the mind of a guy.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Alright, I need your guys' opinion on something.

There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

My sister is convinced he's got a thing for me. I'm not sure, and I don't want to try anything and sort of "jump the gun," so to speak.

So, I'm asking you guys because I don't really know how the male mind works with that sort of thing. Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Help me, please? :/

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Well, attraction is one reason to stare at someone, so I'd say there's a good chance he's got a thing for you. At the very least, he probably thinks you're cute.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, he definitely likes you, or at least thinks you're good looking, absolutely no doubt about it. That is, if he's looking at you as much as you say he is.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Does he look away when you look back? Or try to act like he was just casually looking around and happened to be looking at you?

Details help.

Either way, sounds like he likes you.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Chancie said:
Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
...very, very wrong. As in "I'm honestly astounded that you'd think that" wrong.

I mean, doesn't necessarily equal interest (you could just be very attractive), but I guess it's a possibility. I wouldn't think jumping the gun would be the problem, though I'm honestly not in a position to give any advice. And since I can't see the situation, I can't tell if this guy in question is creepy or shy.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
He likes you he's just shy...<.< No other explanation unless you have a brain slug on your head...

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
The mind of a guy is a simple thing. At any one time he is either thinking 'mmmmmmm boobs' 'mmmmmm food' or 'mmmmmmmm sleep' or any combination of the three. Try talking to him and watch where his eyes go, that should answer all your questions. And remember, you are a girl so you always have the initiative.

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
indeed you could just be really nice to look at
or he could like you

also other than that i dont know as neutraldrow said we cant tell if the look is creepy or not

maybe get some people to start beating the bush's around him and see what come out (i mean get them to talk to him of course)

xam883

Oct 18, 2010
be carefull a man stairing at you could mean anything but it normaly means he likes you or something of that ilk but always use caution when dealing with people

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
Would assume he probably at least thinks you're cute/attractive/what have you. Might be interested. Cast a smile his way if you're interested/curious/whatever. :p See what happens.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Chancie said:
Alright, I need your guys' opinion on something.

There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

My sister is convinced he's got a thing for me. I'm not sure, and I don't want to try anything and sort of "jump the gun," so to speak.

So, I'm asking you guys because I don't really know how the male mind works with that sort of thing. Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Help me, please? :/
Girls stare at you if they like you? I thought it was just when they thought you were a creep.

Anyway yeah, I'd say you should go for it. If you know that the guy isn't a dick than you've got nothing to lose anyway, worst case scenario he'll have an inflated ego and ya'll can go about being friends. The question is whether you want to persue it or let him do so. From what I hear from my friends it is some kind of indesputable rule that a guy should be the one to ask the girl out (which I don't believe in. Note that this came from girls btw not guys). On the other hand most guys wouldn't just go and ask a girl out randomly. Wanna open the door for him, start getting friendly and talking, blahblah.

Good luck!

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
He indeed does have a feeling of attraction towards you, however he probably hasn't mustered up the courage to tell you such things. Strike up a conversation with this man and see what goes from there.

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Well there are two reasons i can think of, one hes spacing out and you or something near you is a good focal pint or yes he thinks your attractive. unless he close enough to look at your work seeing as i dont know the distences between seats.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Most likely he's interested in you but just shy. He's probably looking at you so much because he's thinking to himself "Why can't I just talk to her?" etc. It's what I used to do at least.

Of course, he could be more of a creep you just likes to look at you. Hard to say without knowing more, but if he were he'd probably not look away.

You could try to keep looking at him after you catch him looking, to see how long it takes until he looks at you again and how he reacts to you looking at him. This could be sending signals you don't want to send of course, but it could provide some insight.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
You really don't want to be in the mind of a guy. It's not fun.

Staring can mean anything from he likes you to he thinks you're a freak. Sadly, there's no direct correlation.