Help me see into the mind of a guy.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Instead of treading old ground, let's look at an alternative. Maybe you're looking at him (subconsciously maybe?), and he's trying to figure out if you really are without seeming to stare. Or maybe you just have a very strangely shaped head and he's getting a good laugh.

Anyway, the more pertinent question is whether or not you're interested in him. If you think he's cute, why not ask him out? Surely there's a sandwich place you two crazy kids can grab lunch and talk about... math, or whatever.

But this situation reminds me of middle school (*inward shudder*). I had a big crush on this girl, and I actually made a little game out of watching her in class. I especially liked to watch her draw. And then one day she spun around and shouted, "Stop staring at me!" ...yeah, we never dated. Luckily I stopped being such a damn creep in high school.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Chancie said:
Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Girls do that too?
I thought they... uh
I dont know what girls do when they like someone.
But you know what, next girl who stares at me, I am going to ask them out.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
He's checking you out for something. Whether or not he likes you, or one of his friends likes, or he just wants to talk to you, he is checking you out for one reason or another.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
Or maybe he's just looking in no particular direction, and you keep looking at him and breaking his focus.

Aur0ra145

Elite Member
May 22, 2009
He's either interested or a serial killer. I'm going to say he's most likely just interested in you. Go say hello after class one day.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Nomanslander said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Strike up a conversation with him. If he acts all awkward, he's got a thing for you.
That or if he tries to show off, and the harder he tries, the more of the hopeless romantic he is.

I say if he does any, just point and start laughing at him, then call him a loser and leave.

Oh, and then the next day start flirting with the guy you find the most attracted to while the other guy watches....>=)
You mean, mean man... Should be a good laugh though, I approve.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
You prolly have something in your teeth, you should get that fixed.

OT: Well this guy obviously likes you, or at the very less attracted. Since he sounds like a shy guy, your going to have to be the one that makes the move if you like him. If you don't like him, then just let him get over his crush and he'll move on.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Chancie said:
Alright, I need your guys' opinion on something.

There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

My sister is convinced he's got a thing for me. I'm not sure, and I don't want to try anything and sort of "jump the gun," so to speak.

So, I'm asking you guys because I don't really know how the male mind works with that sort of thing. Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Help me, please? :/
Lol yeah he likes you, or atleast thinks your attractive, I almost got a little frightened because theres a cure girl in my college math class I look at quite often, I was seriously thinking for a second "Did I get caught? Shes on the escapist?!"

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
As pretty much everybody else has said, he probably likes you, or at least thinks you are attractive.

Kije

Oct 13, 2009
For the love of all thats good, talk to him.
I was the same way, and it sucks to be him.
You being friendly and talking to him will make his day. Or month.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Yes I'd say he is sexually attracted to you. I remember I stared at this girl in my Math class once back when I was in high school. Is his pupils dilating when he looks at you? If so, I'd say he is.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
He's challenging you to a staring contest.

Nah seriously though he probably has a thing for you

ethaninja said:
Yes I'd say he is sexually attracted to you. I remember I stared at this girl in my Math class once back when I was in high school. Is his pupils dilating when he looks at you? If so, I'd say he is.
Man i used to do that too.....im a sick sick little creep back then. And how is she supposed to see his pupils dilating from across the room.......

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Holy crap! The staring thing works?!!?!?! All it ever got me was dirty looks, polite requests to knock it off, and/or public ridicule. I'd say it's fairly possible you just might be attractive to him, but based off of where you are in the room, it might also be legitimately accidental. Class is boring and it's fun to stare at stuff. If it's not and you call him out on it directly, he might deny it out of fear of coming off as rude. Try to find something else to talk about, maybe.

Or just call him a loser and date a guy with some courage. That's what all the girls I've met do.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I'm a guy and I always stare at the people who I like and I do look away when they look back, however you have to be sure that he's actually looking at you because whenever I look at this guy in my class who I have no interest in he just assume's that i'm a stalker or something and I look back so that he doesn't get the wrong idea so... make sure he's actually looking at you and if he is I would say that he has a thing for you, although since I'm gay I might be completely different, hope this helps and I hope you have enough courage to do something about it... unlike me.

Ethylene Glycol

Sep 21, 2010
Chancie said:
Alright, I need your guys' opinion on something.

There's this guy in my college math class who's always staring at me. We sit on opposite sides of the room, and I'm constantly catching him looking over at me. I'm one row behind him, on the opposite end. Unfortunately, I've never really had the chance to talk to him or anything like that.
Note, if it helps: Yes, he looks away when I look back. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

My sister is convinced he's got a thing for me. I'm not sure, and I don't want to try anything and sort of "jump the gun," so to speak.

So, I'm asking you guys because I don't really know how the male mind works with that sort of thing. Can staring really equal interest? I thought maybe it was only girls that did that, but I could be wrong...
Help me, please? :/
OP: Stop for a moment and think.

Are all women the same? Do all women have the same thoughts and motivations and mannerisms and lines of reasonining?

Of course not. So why assume all guys do?

If you want to know what that guy's deal is, just go ask him. As an added bonus, you'll get a chance to evaluate his personality right there--to see if he's a creep or just shy, for example.