Help Name a Street After Lara Croft

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Help Name a Street After Lara Croft

Tomb Raider [http://www.tombraider.com/] fans with ten seconds to kill have been given a great opportunity to inflict themselves upon the poor citizens of Derby by voting to christen the U.K. city's new ring road as "Lara Croft Way."

Back in July, the Derby City Council asked for help coming up with names for two new stretches of the city's inner ring road. More than 100 suggestions were made, which were eventually whittled down to a list of eight that's been posted on the City Council website for a final vote. The two top vote-getters will be used to name the new additions to the road.

The great thing about this, at least if you're a Lara Croft aficionado, is that you don't actually have to live in Derby to vote. You don't even have to live in the U.K. Anyone on the internet can cast a ballot and judging from the results so far, it looks like the power of the tubes is going to carry the day. "Lara Croft Way" already holds a commanding lead with 81 percent of the vote; in second place is "Steve Bloomer Way," with five percent. (To put it in another perspective, Lara has received 268 votes at the time of writing, while Second-Place Steve has 17.)

There is actually a legitimate connection between Lara Croft and Derby: derby.gov.uk [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Design].

Source: Joystiq [http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/Lara-Croft-makes-road-shortlist/article-1561225-detail/article.html]

Feb 13, 2008
Given Derby's road system, any bloody street signs would be an improvement :)

However, here's the results so far

Eagle Way (15)
2%
Griffon Way (8)
1%
John Flamsteed Way (8)
1%
Lara Croft Way (529)
88%
Mercian Way (4)
1%
Merlin Way (10)
2%
Sorocold Way (11)
2%
Steve Bloomer Way (19)
3%
Total of votes : 604

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
[HEADING=3]Help Name a Street After Lara Croft[/HEADING]
Sure, why not?

Though I would have preferred "Big Breasts Road."
[small]I would kill to live on such a street.[/small]

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Question goes, why would I want to do that?

A statue I could understand... She is an iconic, and quite eye pleasing character... But to name a street after her? She is as likable as sand in your underwear and the quality of her videogames has gone all but downhill...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Lara Croft? You mean that girl who likes to undress herself within every oppurtunity of going on Deviantart?

Meh, she has my vote.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Oh, something else to name after Stephen Colbert.
*gets to it*
oh, there's no "enter your own name" option, too bad
*goes back to not caring about... what was that place called again?*

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
I voted, but it was quite useless. She already has 80% of nearly 900 votes.

Aztek463

May 4, 2008
It's pretty safe to say she'll be coming out on top, no pun intended. 92% right now...

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Eagle Way (22)
2%
Griffon Way (8)
1%
John Flamsteed Way (10)
1%
Lara Croft Way (1122)
92%
Mercian Way (5)
0%