Help needed with identifying a 90's horror adventure game for the pc.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Heres the limited info I have:
Its a horror adventure/puzzle game for the pc from the 90's
It should be on 6 discs.
Its not Phantasmagoria 1/2 or 7th Guest/11th Hour
The title of the game was a single word for as far as I can remember.

The thing is, I had the game in my hands a few months ago at some yard sale, wanted to buy it, but 1 disc was missing and another was severely scratched. Now I'm trying to remember which game it was and my memory is failing me.

Is there anyone out there who knows which game I'm talking about? After 3 hours of searching the internet I'm still at a dead end.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Hmm... the only ones I can think of are Alone in the Dark and Gabriel Knight, but I don't think either of them were on 6 discs (nor are their names a single word).

drdamo

May 17, 2010
Lukeje said:
Hmm... the only ones I can think of are Alone in the Dark and Gabriel Knight, but I don't think either of them were on 6 discs (nor are there names a single word).
Nope those aren't the one either, got both of them on my games shelf. Thanks for the input tho.

I do remember that it was a cinematic-heavy game (hence the 6 discs) and possibly with one or more A-list movieactors.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
After some random playlist browsing on Youtube I found the answer!
The game is called "Ripper", released in 1996 and Christopher Walken plays one of the main characters in it.

Now let's see if the internet can provide me with a near-mint in box one to buy!

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
The problem here is that you haven't explained the game, at all. Something with a one word title that was horror based is pretty broad. What was the context of the game? The story? What did you do? What were the graphics like? Narrow the search down and maybe you'd get your answer.

drdamo

May 17, 2010
HellsingerAngel said:
The problem here is that you haven't explained the game, at all. Something with a one word title that was horror based is pretty broad. What was the context of the game? The story? What did you do? What were the graphics like? Narrow the search down and maybe you'd get your answer.
You are correct. However, I never played the game so the information I had was based on a vague memory of holding the box in my hands, thats it, but as you can read above your own post I managed to find the title myself in the end.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
drdamo said:
Heres the limited info I have:
Its a horror adventure/puzzle game for the pc from the 90's
It should be on 6 discs.
Its not Phantasmagoria 1/2 or 7th Guest/11th Hour
The title of the game was a single word for as far as I can remember.

The thing is, I had the game in my hands a few months ago at some yard sale, wanted to buy it, but 1 disc was missing and another was severely scratched. Now I'm trying to remember which game it was and my memory is failing me.

Is there anyone out there who knows which game I'm talking about? After 3 hours of searching the internet I'm still at a dead end.
No description of the game itself? Or is this just a random game you were gonna buy, not one you wanted to buy because you've played it before?

Edit: Good job and congrats on finding the game. =]