Helpful Old Lady Ruins 200-Year-Old Portrait

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Composer said:
Ldude893 said:
Mistakes were made, but yeah, A for effort.

Jesus actually looks slightly more like an Arab in the 'restored' image.
show me one Arab that looks like that.

The similarities are incredible...!

OT: This is pretty funny! I bet it will actually increase the value of the paining now! Abstract Jesus images must go for quite a bit on the art market! :p

Hell... I'd buy it!

Edit: Original pic for comparison:

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Sorry, but why is this on The Escapist? I can understand why things that appeal to nerd culture at large can be news here, like the hover bike story, but how is this relevant at all?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Scrustle said:
Sorry, but why is this on The Escapist? I can understand why things that appeal to nerd culture at large can be news here, like the hover bike story, but how is this relevant at all?
Because it is entertaining! Most publications tend to have a section where they brush on something else. My XBox magazine reviews movies on one page... but only does 3-4 a month!

The Escapist is about bringing gamers/movie fans from all walks of life together... and art is a relevant subject to gaming and art!

lordjiggly

Aug 8, 2011
An article of my country! Too bad it isn't gaming news.

Cases like these are quite common. In many towns of Spain churches have true artworks that are destroyed or stolen. On my mothers' village in Leon (population: 40) the church have a mural of wood valued at two million euros.

ERMEGERH JESESCRHEST!!!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha that incident sound so typical in a cartoon/ comedy show! Don't tell me she had cause more than one accident to something big in the past?

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to art but how in the hell did it get to that point? How did she ruin the face that bad when it looks like all it needed was a bit of a touch up? Just wow...

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
MarlonBlazed said:
Without fixing up the colours or changing the skin colour to the proper one I dashed this out in 10min using my cheater tech.

I'm not trying to make a point it's just 4 A.M. and I was bored.
That's pretty good! Now for boss mode. Try and restore the old lady's version!

Jan 9, 2011
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
The Escapist is about bringing gamers/movie fans from all walks of life together... and art is a relevant subject to gaming and art!
Yes, I would imagine that art is quite relevant to the subject of art.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Ldude893 said:
Mistakes were made, but yeah, A for effort.

Jesus actually looks slightly more like an Arab in the 'restored' image.
Composer said:
show me one Arab that looks like that.
I'm reminded of that scene in the original Robocop where one of the baddies drives into a vat of toxic waste and his skin falls off. In the latter part of it where his face is melting off the side of his head and he goes "HELP MEEEEEE" he sortof resembles Jesus in the restored version. :D

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I thought you said she ruined it? I think it looks better :D

I'm going to Hell, aren't I?