Here Are The Flash and Arrow 2015 Promos

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Here Are The Flash and Arrow 2015 Promos

A sickly-sweet dose of methadone to tide you over until their return.

It's hopefully not a secret at this point how much I love CW's The Flash. I love it so much I want to marry it I gave Arrow another chance and started loving it too. Like I said in <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/12705-The-Flash-Flash-Vs-Arrow-Review.5>my half of our review of the two shows' crossover, Arrow and The Flash get the Batman/Superman dynamic perfectly, on a fundamental level, in a way the movies never have. If you haven't yet started watching them, begin now, immediately. In fact, stop reading this and hop to it, if only because these videos start with the assumption you're caught up.

For the rest of you, both shows have been on winter hiatus since the beginning of December, and they don't return until January 20 (The Flash) and January 21 (Arrow). Until then, we have nothing but video on demand to hold us over. Except for these two teasers of course. They're paltry, but they're almost enough. As expected, when The Flash resumes, Barry will be obsessed with SPOILER REDACTED. Meanwhile, when Arrow returns, we'll finally see if, in fact, SPOILER REDACTED.

Ok, now for the spoilers:

When we last left The Flash, he'd just had his first big fight with Reverse Flash, who kicked his ass up and down the block. We also saw the Ronnie Raymond reveal himself as Firestorm, and Harrison Wells revealed as at least one of the (probably two) Reverse Flashes. Meanwhile, the last episode of Arrow ended with Oliver Queen seemingly killed after an ill-advised duel with Ra's Al Ghul, who tossed him over the edge of a cliff. Is he dead? Probably not, since the show is named after him. But we might see the debut of The Atom, as it was revealed that Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer is working on a supersuit so he can become a hero like The Arrow. DRAMA. See <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/12734-The-Flash-The-Man-in-the-Yellow-Suit-Review-It-s-Great-As-Usual>more here, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/12738-Arrow-Season-Three-Episode-Nine-Review>and here.

Source: Youtube, via Badass Digest.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
What? You mean the titular character of an impossibly popular super hero show ISN'T permanently dead? What a shocker.

I fully expect to hear "I was dead once" jokes between Oliver, Felicity and Diggle by mid-feburary.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Indeed, the question isn't "if" but "how"?

My 2 cents:
1: He is resurrected by the Lazarus Pit, fits the Ra's al Ghul cannon.
2: he is just simply rescued and has to recuperate, a bit dull but gives the support cast some screentime.

In both cases i think the legs were of Malcolm.
To strengthen my suspicion for option 1, i always suspected Malcolm him self was resurrected by the Lazarus Pit after S1.
being stabbed in the heard and former league member and all.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Jeroenr said:

My 2 cents:
2: he is just simply rescued and has to recuperate, a bit dull but gives the support cast some screentime.

To strengthen my suspicion for option 1, i always suspected Malcolm him self was resurrected by the Lazarus Pit after S1.
Nah, my money is on Nyssa finding out and reviving Sara and Sara reviving Oliver (using the Lazarus Pit).

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Falterfire said:
Jeroenr said:

My 2 cents:

Nah, my money is on Nyssa finding out and reviving Sara and Sara reviving Oliver (using the Lazarus Pit).
I think she's was buried for to long, and the hole Nyssa's revenge plot wouldn't make sense.
altough i would love to see her back, i think she is down for the count.

And the legs in the trailer seem male.(as far as i can tell any way)

I am curious however about the mental state of Oliver after the revival, it didn't do Ra's much good in other book and series.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Jeroenr said:
I think she's was buried for to long, and the hole Nyssa's revenge plot wouldn't make sense.
altough i would love to see her back, i think she is down for the count.

And the legs in the trailer seem male.(as far as i can tell any way)

I am curious however about the mental state of Oliver after the revival, it didn't do Ra's much good in other book and series.
We don't have rules on LazPits for this series yet, so saving Sara may be possible, but you could be right about it being too late.

As for the sanity issue: Lots of people get thrown in LazPits and come out fine. Usually the people who go crazy are using them repeatedly. People who only use it once (Which is a rather long list) tend to be fine.

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Personally, my money is on the legs being Maseo who's been infiltrating Ra's al Ghul's league at the behest of Amanda Waller and reviving Arrow via an ARGUS-built Lazarus Pit.

Maseo over Malcolm or Nyssa because he's featured so heavily in the flashbacks so far that they're almost obliged to use him.

The Lazarus pit will probably be called "Project Lazarus" to make it sound more secret agent-y in fitting with the show (see: Mirakuru). But they've been teasing them for awhile now; both with Merlyn and in the last episode with Ra's talking about how long he's been alive.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
uncanny474 said:
Personally, my money is on the legs being Maseo who's been infiltrating Ra's al Ghul's league at the behest of Amanda Waller and reviving Arrow via an ARGUS-built Lazarus Pit.

Maseo over Malcolm or Nyssa because he's featured so heavily in the flashbacks so far that they're almost obliged to use him.

The Lazarus pit will probably be called "Project Lazarus" to make it sound more secret agent-y in fitting with the show (see: Mirakuru). But they've been teasing them for awhile now; both with Merlyn and in the last episode with Ra's talking about how long he's been alive.
Calling it "Project Lazarus" is just begging for a ridiculous lawsuit from EA.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
uncanny474 said:

Didn't even think about him, but yeah i see how that makes sense.

Also, i was never entirely clear on Malcolm's plan.
He problably did know Oliver didn't have a change against Ra's al Ghul.

So if this was his plan to get of the death-mark it was a bit half-ass.

I have considered an ARGUS-built Lazarus Pit, but god i hope not.
That would be a to big of a "get out of jail free card".
And they have shown to be an questionable ally at best.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Did I miss something, or are there supposed to be promo videos here somewhere?

RossaLincoln said:
Like I said in <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/12705-The-Flash-Flash-Vs-Arrow-Review.5>my half of our review of the two shows' crossover, Arrow and The Flash get the Batman/Superman dynamic perfectly, on a fundamental level, in a way the movies never have.
Smallville captured that dynamic pretty well, between Superman and Green Arrow/others.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Extragorey said:
Did I miss something, or are there supposed to be promo videos here somewhere?

RossaLincoln said:
Like I said in <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/12705-The-Flash-Flash-Vs-Arrow-Review.5>my half of our review of the two shows' crossover, Arrow and The Flash get the Batman/Superman dynamic perfectly, on a fundamental level, in a way the movies never have.
Smallville captured that dynamic pretty well, between Superman and Green Arrow/others.
The videos should be on the right. I'm seeing them, but is anyone else having this problem? Meantime, that's true. I think these two shows get it better, but all three did/do better than the WB live action movies have.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
RossaLincoln said:
Oliver Queen seemingly killed after an ill-advised duel with Ra's Al Ghul
Okay, that is HILARIOUS!!! It *was* a tad ill-advised, huh? :D :D :D

Anyway, I totally think that's Merlyn talking and finding the body.
It was also his voice when Canary got ventilated (It wasn't mentioned on here btw, but the Merlyn actor IS credited for that episode as "unseen".......... and I recognised it then too.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
uncanny474 said:

Oooh, a Waller-infiltration angle AND an ARGUS LazPit? I like it!!!
But I don't see Waller wanting to revive Merlyn, as he seems pretty insane and is still walking around doing his thing.
If Merlyn was known to Waller, wouldn't she steal his wealth and put his skills to good use on Suicide Squad?
Because I *do* think Merlyn used a pit to get revived or heal himself.

Maybe Waller has a little bit of LazPit to inject Olie with, and then he owes her again?
Like after the "rescue"?

Talking about that rescue... I wonder if Waller or Oliver himself eventually arranged for him to be dropped back on Purgatory, followed by a swift rescue "on accident" by the fishersmen so he could return home with the "been on Purgatory for 5 years, yall! No lies!!!"

uncanny474

Jan 20, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
Oooh, a Waller-infiltration angle AND an ARGUS LazPit? I like it!!!
But I don't see Waller wanting to revive Merlyn, as he seems pretty insane and is still walking around doing his thing.
If Merlyn was known to Waller, wouldn't she steal his wealth and put his skills to good use on Suicide Squad?
Because I *do* think Merlyn used a pit to get revived or heal himself.

Maybe Waller has a little bit of LazPit to inject Olie with, and then he owes her again?
Like after the "rescue"?

Talking about that rescue... I wonder if Waller or Oliver himself eventually arranged for him to be dropped back on Purgatory, followed by a swift rescue "on accident" by the fishersmen so he could return home with the "been on Purgatory for 5 years, yall! No lies!!!"
Oh, no, I think there are *actual* Lazarus Pits, too. I just think that the one that revives Ollie will be one built by ARGUS, and one of the main reasons for Maseo's infiltration. I think Merlyn used a normal Lazarus Pit to revive himself.

And I think that Merlyn is pretty far beyond Waller's reach, or that she recognizes that he's Ollie's to deal with and she knows how badly it goes when she gets in Ollie's ways. I don't expect we'll see him in the Suicide Squad anytime soon.

As for the flashbacks... That makes some sense, but when did he become forced to grow that sweet beard if Waller dumped him on the island with the intention of picking him back up later? I like where you're going with her putting him there, but I'm gonna take it a step further. I think Waller put Ollie back on the island when she was done with him to keep him there, so she could recall him if necessary. Though you may be right about the fishermen being more than "coincidence".

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
RossaLincoln said:
The videos should be on the right. I'm seeing them, but is anyone else having this problem? Meantime, that's true. I think these two shows get it better, but all three did/do better than the WB live action movies have.
All I see on the right (in Firefox) is the "Win a Copy of Call of Duty" thing. And Internet Explorer has two white boxes where they should be.