Here's a Picture of Catwoman Fondling Her Own Boobs (For a Good Cause)

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I love it when people do this. They catch your attention with a sexy image, then hit you with something that makes you think.

Amirite Spice & Wolf?

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
thaluikhain said:
emeraldrafael said:
Cant wait for the ones of Wolverine, Batman, The Hulk, and Superman grabbing their junk for testicular cancer and hernias.
Don't hold your breath.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that breast cancer awareness shouldn't be sexy?

IIRC, lung cancer tends to kill more women, but you can't sexualise those, so nevermind.
Pretty much this. Yeah, it's for a good cause, but seriously? It's still cheap tittiliation.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
The problem with stuff like this is that some men come for the boobs and ignore what they are being used to get across. It may be for a good cause but someone is probably pleasuring themselves to it even as you read my comment.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
JohnTomorrow said:
For instance, imagine giving yourself a testicular exam, then have someone accuse you of groping yourself seductively. Would you jump to your own defense?
It would depend on what part of Wal-mart I was in, to be honest.

erttheking said:
The problem with stuff like this is that some men come for the boobs and ignore what they are being used to get across. It may be for a good cause but someone is probably pleasuring themselves to it even as you read my comment.
Some men come for the boobs (someone else can have this one, too obvious) yes, but what exactly are they supposed to learn from it? Jokes aside, we're not really responsible for performing breast exams.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
"oh good grief!"
lolll t'was my reaction

I'm down with whatever for supporting a good cause
tho I hate it when certain guys I know start trying to show support and I'm like "wut...dude ur a known perv, stop trying"

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
rhodo said:
As a woman, I think this is dumb.

1) The target audience for these drawings is NOT the same target audience for breast cancer awareness.

2) Making something fanservice-y out of a serious disease doesn't seem like a good idea if you ask me.

All in all, this is just fanservice disguised as something else. I'd have more respect about it if, next time, they also make a prostate exam awareness by showing male superheroes fondling their junk. You think that's a bad, and dumb, idea? Yeah well, just like these pictures here.
This. Mostly guys are just gonna look at this for comic book tits, and that isn't really making us any progress. I thought a picture of a woman with her breasts and nipples gone was a much better statement, but hey, I'm more of a shock therapy person.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
Cancer is a serious threat to super-heroes everywhere...it took out Captain Mar-vell. He got better somehow, but he did die of it and it was poignant. But he's better now. :\

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I don't find these images particularly sexy. Now I like boobs and all, but the whole breast-cancer and examination thing is kinda a turn-off...

I don't find it objectionable, though, and it's for a good cause.
And it's not like they characters in those pics are pandering for the male audience, they are doing something that's important to their health.

laserwulf

Dec 30, 2007
"Norks"? Is that some sort of regional slang?
Anyway, as much as I personally like the cleverness of the ad campaign, I can only imagine how much this campaign furthers the concept that comic book fans aren't all mouth-breathing neckbeards, among the general populace. :|

LAN MAC

Dec 22, 2010
thaluikhain said:
emeraldrafael said:
Cant wait for the ones of Wolverine, Batman, The Hulk, and Superman grabbing their junk for testicular cancer and hernias.
Don't hold your breath.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that breast cancer awareness shouldn't be sexy?

IIRC, lung cancer tends to kill more women, but you can't sexualise those, so nevermind.
Well, I mean if they brought back Marvel Zombies and some readers were ne- You know what, I think I'm done typing and I've contributed enough to this thread.

Loner Jo Jo

Jul 22, 2011
maninahat said:
From what I understand, mammograms and breast examinations potentially do more harm than good. People find a lump, panic, head to the doctor and get incorrectly treated for cancer. Often the lump can be attributed to something fairly harmless, though that isn't usually realised until after the woman has undergone dangerous treatments such as a chemotheraphy, or a biopsy.

In otherwords, though there is a tiny chance (we are talking literally 1:1000) that high risk women might catch the cancer early and get vital treatment, there are many more women (up to 600:1000) who are misdiagnosed and risk harm by going for needless treatments.
That's not really true. Yes, a women who feels a lump would likely panic. I felt one when I was in my teens, and I was positive I had cancer. (Mind you, I've always been a worry wort.) My mother also panicked when her mammogram came back with something many years back. Sure, if a woman goes to the doctor, they will have to test to see if it is something. However, the preliminary tests are rather non-invasive. Usually it starts with a blood test and some sort of scan (mammogram or in my case, x-ray because of the position of the lump). My testing ended here because my lump was merely the result of hormones. Then, if those tests point to something more serious or are inconclusive, then they'll move on to a biopsy which, while invasive, is a simple procedure only requiring local anesthetic. (This is what my mother had done and it came back as non-cancerous). Doctors won't flood a patient with poison, which is basically what chemo is, without solid evidence that it is for the best.

The point of self-exam is to understand your own body. Every woman's breasts are different and they change in feel and size even at different stages of her hormonal cycle. If she knows the topography of her's if you will, then she will be able to detect when something changes. Then if something is off, you go see the doctor. It's like the skin cancer self exams. You should know where moles are on your body and what they look like it order to know if something has changed.

But on topic, it's funny that only She-Hulk is performing the exam correctly. Good job, guys.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Most erotic Cancer awareness ever?

On a sensitive and less ironic note. Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy does leave the body permanent damaged by the treatment. But it's preferable to death or amputation (sometimes).
You can understand why some people get over-reacting over a lump. Cancer is a scary thing. Terrifying. Rightfully so. Which means a thorough diagnosis is vital. It's a tragic shame to suffer the treatment for cancer because something none-threatening tumour-ish existed.

Apr 5, 2008
I'm by no means an expert here, but I would have thought that, at least in the cases of She-Hulk and Wonder Woman that breast cancer, or any illness is an impossibility. The former in an indestructible juggernaut, the second a deity IIRC.