Here's Our First Look at the "LexCorp" Building in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Here's Our First Look at the "LexCorp" Building in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice[/I] is set for release on May 16, 2016, and will allegedly kick of DC's upcoming comic book movie assault [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135362-RUMOR-Warner-Bros-to-Unveil-Seven-Film-Wave-of-DC-Universe-Movies-at-SDCC] to combat Marvel's hugely successful movies. So, what do you think of the LexCorp building so far? A shade too small perhaps given Luthor's vast wealth? Let's hope Warner pulls this off so we can have finally have a proper Justice League movie soon.

Source: Ain't It Cool [http://marsdust.net/index.php/news/74-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-lexcorp-building-in-pontiac-michigan]

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
It appears bland, sterile and lacking in excitement. Just like my interest in this new fresh new exciting line of DC action movies.

I'm really not expecting anything good from this series.

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
It just looks like a normal, small ish tech company. It's not big or imposing, it's the kind of building you look at and wonder "I wonder how many dreams have died in cubicles in there." It doesn't fit Lex's wealth or ego at all. I get that may be what they're going for, making it look kinda harmless so you wouldn't suspect it as evil, but that doesn't work because they made it TOO harmless. I can't imagine anything evil coming out of that buliding no matter who was in it, unless we're talking about a parody like Kick Ass or Dr Horrible.

Also, does the Lexcorp logo look badly shopped onto the building, or is that just me? Something kinda odd about its angle, and the edges look fuzzy, though that might just be picture quality.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
In fairness, Google is more cartoonishly evil than Lex Luthor.

I dunno, man. Google never stole that many cakes. Money, perhaps, but pastries? Naaah.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
I think it this building is just a temp HQ in the story.

The entire point is the the major centre of Metropolis was destroyed in MoS, and Lex is re-building it, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has plans to build a more Smallville/Comic style skyscraper HQ in the city centre whilst rebuilding it.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
From the looks of that building Lex Luthor made his billions selling stationery at a retail park, which makes sense since the mark-up on a box of staples and a couple of ring binders these days is criminal. Perhaps he will be introduced as a villain who is lobbying against the paperless office whilst Wayne Industries is trying to push a digital future. Bruce Wayne isn't happy and uses his alter ego to investigate.

Coming to theatres summer 20XX. Batman v Superman: Twilight of Office Supplies

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
FalloutJack said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
In fairness, Google is more cartoonishly evil than Lex Luthor.

I dunno, man. Google never stole that many cakes. Money, perhaps, but pastries? Naaah.
Google wouldn't steal cakes. They'd just surreptitiously track your cake actions and then foist advertisements on you for other cakes you wouldn't like.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
It's a building that says "Lexcorp" on it. I... really don't know what I was expecting.

Meanwhile, I only just noticed yesterday - what kind of weirdo names his company by his first name? Luthcorp sounds like a fine name. Did he really choose Lexcorp? His name is Alex Luthor and he called his company Lexcorp. Good going, you cake-stealing arseface.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
From the looks of that building Lex Luthor made his billions selling stationery at a retail park, which makes sense since the mark-up on a box of staples and a couple of ring binders these days is criminal. Perhaps he will be introduced as a villain who is lobbying against the paperless office whilst Wayne Industries is trying to push a digital future. Bruce Wayne isn't happy and uses his alter ego to investigate.

That still sounds more interesting than anything I've heard so far. I think it would good to have some accounting of how Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor got so rich and this would be as good as anything. Bruce could be the good capitalist who innovates and creates new products that benefit society and Lex could be the bad capitalist who acquires and strips companies of their assets while suing entrepreneurs using bought patents.

Am I still allowed to hold out hope that Lex won't be the villain of the movie? There are plenty of ways an evildoer might do evil without technically violating the law and it'd be nice to see Lex use that distinction. Alternatively, it'd be neat for him to be on Team Good this time around, maybe as the guy who gets the others together to stop some threat against the world and, more importantly, his money. I'd like to see him set up as the villain, but not necessarily in that role clearly enough for Superman et al to take action against.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gearhead mk2 said:
Also, does the Lexcorp logo look badly shopped onto the building, or is that just me? Something kinda odd about its angle, and the edges look fuzzy, though that might just be picture quality.
I can't tell if it's picture quality or a bad job. But the placement of the X symbol on the building is such that it looks like an asterisk instead.

CriticalMiss said:
That sounds more interesting than most DC movies. You should kickstart a fan-film.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Funny enough, I grew up in Pontiac, and I know that building. Sad to say, it is the nicest-looking tech building in that area. The reason they're probably shooting there is because it's been vacant for a while (note the empty parking lot and barely-kept lawn).