Here's The Official Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Here's The Official Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Sony's finally released the first (real) trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man, and fans will definitely enjoy the fact that it features a lot more Spidey.

This summer's going to be a big one for comic book movies. We've got The Avengers in May, with both The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man hitting theaters in July. With these release dates fast approaching, we're starting to get some new trailers to raise our interest. The Dark Knight Rises <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/moviebob/9289-Lets-All-Watch-The-Batman-Trailer>got one in December, <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE09rUdpB94>The Avengers' Super Bowl spot has been setting the internet ablaze with chatter this week, and now we have an official video for The Amazing Spider-Man.

The trailer's got a lot going on. It shows Peter's burgeoning relationship with Gwen Stacy, his early heroics against petty criminals, the police going after him for being a costumed vigilante, and how his work with Dr. Curt Conners winds up creating The Lizard. There's still a little footage of Peter being a mopey outcast, but it looks like this has been played down in lieu showing off a character that comic fans can get behind. Additionally, it looks like Spidey's web-shooter are being made mechanical again, though the earlier footage of him spinning webs from the back of his neck has yet to be explained.

Also of note: The first-person sequence that appeared in the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111813-Amazing-Spider-Man-Trailer-Has-Lots-of-Peter-Parker-Almost-No-Spidey>teaser trailer is nowhere to be seen. Honestly, this is a much stronger showing for the movie than the teaser was, since it showcases Spidey in action, making wisecracks, and being super nerdy as Peter Parker (just look at all those equations he writes on the chalk board! He's making science!).

The Amazing Spider-Man is due out on July 3rd, 2012.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/02/the_amazing_spider-man_trailer_is_kind_of_amazing.php>Topless Robot

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I still want it to tank, so Marvel Studios can get the rights to the character back, and maybe put him in an Avengers 2.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
That actually looks pretty good... damn. I kinda wanted to hate this.

I still maintain that mechanical webslingers aren't as good though.

Feb 13, 2008
Little confused here...

vansau said:
with Dr. Curt Conners winds up creating The Lizard.
Now, he's referred to as Dr. Curt Connors or Dr. Curtis Connors...sometimes in the same explanation, (see Wiki) so I'm wondering is this one of those names that works in any way?

(Doh, and then I spot Curt is his nickname - forget I spoke ;) )

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Oh Crap. It actually looks really good.

If Spideys ratio of wisecracks to overall dialouge is at least 1:10, ill call it a smashing success simply because they at least got the character right this time.

Then ill factor in the rest of the movie, if it does tank Marvel Studios gets thier liscense back then we probably get a great movie from them anyway.
TheRightToArmBears said:
I still maintain that mechanical webslingers aren't as good though.
I second that, but the comic purists wouldnt agree with you as readily. Mostly due to Peter mixing stuff into his web fluid to achieve different effects with the webs.

Also, that said, i bet at some point he will run out of web. Its just something thats doomed to happen.

Dec 14, 2009
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Spidey almost rivals Deadpool for being a smartarse.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Before I watched the trailer I was merely aware that this movie was happening, I'd forgotton most of the last trailer (the one with his parents) and there was a chance I'd see it but I didn't spend too much time thinking about it (especially since we have a Batman and an Avengers movie to look forward to). However this trailer has me rather excited to see the movie and I am definitely going to see this. If the person who made the first Green Lantern movie trailer this is how its done.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I don't know really...
There's something odd about the costumes (in addition to this new shiny spider-costume) and the light setting. Doesn't feel finished or polished, but that might be because it's still early.
Just hoping they'll fix it up for the final release, or as Soviet Heavy hoped for, taht it just tanks and Marvel get their rights back.
Actually, now that Marvels in the right path with their new movies, I was hoping they could get all their movie licenses back, so they can bring in more goodies for Avengers 2 and any future movies that include different characters from the same universe.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
As long it's:

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke

*Punch*

Crack a joke.

Spidey almost rivals Deadpool for being a smartarse.
True...but in terms of being an annoying ****, Spideys miles ahead of anyone...I reeeaaaallly don't like him.

But it does look like it'll be an interesting watch

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
Color me unimpressed. I'm not a big fan of reboots in general, but this one leaves me colder than most.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I want my Sam Raimi Spiderman movies back!

The next one could've had John Malkovich! And Bruce Campbell would've had a real part! It was gonna be so awesome!

I DON'T WANT A REBOOT THIS ISN'T FAIR ooh, was that Rhys Ifans?

...No! No amount of Rhys Ifans will stop my complaining! This sucks!

*goes off to sulk in the corner*

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Better. At least they're downplaying the "brooding angst-man" aspect a bit.

I'll still wait for reviews to come back on this one, though.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm glad they went in a different direction with this one. I see they kept it a lot closer to the comic this time around. And they are delving more into the mysterious past of the Parkers. Good deal. I hope this one has the same emotional impact the last movies did. I am actually looking forward to this one. Though rebooting a successful franchise 10 years after the last one started... I'm not a fan of that.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
vansau said:
Also of note: The first-person sequence that appeared in the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111813-Amazing-Spider-Man-Trailer-Has-Lots-of-Peter-Parker-Almost-No-Spidey>teaser trailer is nowhere to be seen.
Not really. I work at a cinema and have seen that trailer dozens of times. The part at 2:11 where it shows his reflection is from the end of that sequence.

This looks quite good, and I'll probably go to see this.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
kman123 said:
Let it be known that I was a fan of the eventual movie before the bandwagon guys.
Dude me too:O I feel like a hipster. Anyways trailer looks pretty badass.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Muuuuch better than the last trailer I saw for this thing. Turns out Garfield's voice isn't actually that annoying if you just don't have to look at his face.

Also I like to think of Dennis Leary saying that Garfield IS a unit-tard. Sorry. I probably meant to type "unitard".

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
It looks good but then the first Green Lantern trailer looked good.

But they are releasing this in the same month as The Drak Knight Rises. Really? They are going to get killed in the Box Office and seeing as that is all most movie makers give a crap about these days I would have throught that they would wait a month.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
It looks good but then the first Green Lantern trailer looked good.

But they are releasing this in the same month as The Drak Knight Rises. Really? They are going to get killed in the Box Office and seeing as that is all most movie makers give a crap about these days I would have throught that they would wait a month.
No, it didn't. Even Warner Bros. admitted the trailer didn't look good.

The Dark Knight Rises is coming out two weeks after Spider-Man, which should be enough to give the movie a solid box office run before it's quashed by Batman.