Here's The Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens Theatrical Poster

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
They approached Dennis Lawson (Wedge from the originals) but he turned them down, saying it would "bore" him. I don't know if that means they scrapped the character or they're still going with him but with a different actor. In any case the X-Wing guy I think is meant to be Oscar Isaac, who'd be too young to be playing an aged Wedge in the first place.
I... I have no idea what to feel.
Well, I already mourned him when the expanded universe was thrown away.
Still I don't know why I got my hopes up.

Anyway, looking at this new character, and after some research, Oscar Isaac will play Poe Dameron. On his profile of Wookieepedia, there is a quote stating "Dameron's commitment is absolute. And he's our best pilot. He'll get what we need." So they might be trying to make him a Wedge-like character. Yet we'll see if he can actually be our new Wedge... or if Wedge still exists.

I'll sort my feelings out once I see the movie.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Meh. Everyone I know is going batshit crazy to get tickets already. Somehow I'm just not that thrilled about another PG-13 merchandising steamroller production. Even the prequel Star Wars fans have grown up by now, but the movies won't ever catch up, because Hasbro reasons. And with the game licence at EA, I doubt we'll get another Republic Commando/KotOR II anytime soon.

Atleast with the new material, Darths&Droids will be around for a long time.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Ah, that's better. I was working at a movie theater when I first saw the first poster, where it was just black with "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on it and I had a fit. Seeing that poster makes me feel wonderful feelings, almost like something has been put right in the galaxy far, far away. All the Star Wars movies have awesome posters and seeing that nondescript first poster was...I'unno, heretical, I suppose.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
"That's no spacestation... it's a moon!"

Oh wait, you've already all done that bit.

All the same, I have to admit seeing the poster I sensed a faint tingling sensation in the force.
Something, a presence I haven't felt since...

Well, the original movies.

My reaction to the poster, summed up in an image.

I...-I think I need to have a little lie down.

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
I just hope it turns out alright. I can't say I'm really passionate about it one way or the other, but it would just be nice to be able to see a good Star Wars movie again.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Something Amyss said:
So the new Death Star will be a "swerve" and the bad guy is a lens flare?
Or maybe that's the new Death Star's weapon, lens flare so intense it literally burns the planet off the celluloid, never to be seen on film again.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
008Zulu said:
This poster is remarkably spoiler free. Unless you count the planet with a big ass cannon in it.
I dunno, it appears to show the male lead actor ( I forget his name) holding a lightsaber. So, you know, that's kind of a spoiler there. xD

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
It is a Star Wars movie poster all right.
But is just me and Carrie Fischer got a "WTF are guys doing" expression there? (aside a diet apparently...)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
For a minute there I was wondering why that girl was weilding a weird looking double light saber/ staff where the light is on one side (I only notice the angle was the same to tha Sith lightsaber).

Other than that, yup Abbram nailed the poster right as it does look like a Star Wars poster.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
The Bandit said:
Recusant said:
(I stopped paying attention when they released pictures of what was clearly a Z-95 and called it an X-wing, then, when people pointed that out, insisted that no, it really was an X-wing)
Yeah, they said that because it's not a Headhunter. It's an X-Wing.

I know, it's weird that they would call the ship what it actually is and not what you think it is, but what can you do?
You can actually look at the picture. Then, you can compare that to a picture of a Z-95. Then, you can compare it to a picture of an X-wing. Then, you can put two and two together, and realize that what they're showing you matches the first picture, not the second. It's not an X-wing. It's a Z-95.

What's weird is that they call the ship what they think it is, rather than what it actually is. The question is, what can they do? The answer, apparently, is "fool quite a few people".

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Jadak said:
I don't mind them doing another super weapon, but literally another giant spherical battlestation super laser one?
Apparently it's a planet converted into a superweapon - Specifically the snowy one in the trailers.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Recusant said:
The Bandit said:
Recusant said:
(I stopped paying attention when they released pictures of what was clearly a Z-95 and called it an X-wing, then, when people pointed that out, insisted that no, it really was an X-wing)
Yeah, they said that because it's not a Headhunter. It's an X-Wing.

I know, it's weird that they would call the ship what it actually is and not what you think it is, but what can you do?
You can actually look at the picture. Then, you can compare that to a picture of a Z-95. Then, you can compare it to a picture of an X-wing. Then, you can put two and two together, and realize that what they're showing you matches the first picture, not the second. It's not an X-wing. It's a Z-95.

What's weird is that they call the ship what they think it is, rather than what it actually is. The question is, what can they do? The answer, apparently, is "fool quite a few people".
Where is the picture of the Headhunder/X-wing? The redesigned the X-wing for the new movies, but I would like to see the picture you're talking about please. :)

Anyway, I am relieved about Carrie Fisher. Age...was not kind to her to be honest. The last time I saw her was on the Star Wars special Let's Make a Deal and she did not look well. But now? That does look like Leia, so I'm happy. Excited about this movie, and I want to see if they throw in any shout out to the Expanded Universe.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
008Zulu said:
Jadak said:
I just rather hope that that isn't indicating that the plot is about having to take down yet another death star...
Most of the EU is about handling one super weapon or another.
I take it you haven't read many EU books if you think that.

Sun Crusher, Dark Saber (if that even counts), and Center Point Station. Three Super Weapons over 37 years of EU Stories doesn't sound like one super weapon to another to me. I dare say most books had nothing to do with Super Weapons :p.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Phasma's pose looks pretty silly, but other than that, it's a pretty fucking sick poster

Selucia

Feb 27, 2015
That poster gives me a soft reboot vibe same story slightly changed for a new generation also captain phasma sounds like a pokemon villian. I hope dave filoni gets to direct a film at some point i really like the clone wars and rebels.

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
Selucia said:
That poster gives me a soft reboot vibe same story slightly changed for a new generation also captain phasma sounds like a pokemon villian. I hope dave filoni gets to direct a film at some point i really like the clone wars and rebels.
Phasma's the least of the naming problems. The main bad guy is named Snoke, and the Vader stand-in is named Kylo Ren, with Ren being apparently the new equivalent to Darth.

Yeah, they've seriously got a group called the Knights of Ren. Hoek.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Hawki said:
-Yay, another Death Star. With SPIKES! Because everything's better with spikes.
I don't think they're spikes. Look to the left of the cannon- it looks more like the "spikes" are shadows from some kind of support struts lining the underside of the ridge.

Kinda nitpicking your nitpick, I know.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
Recusant said:
You can actually look at the picture.
I think it's time you cited the picture. Because right now everyone who's reading this thinks you're simply unaware that X-wings fold their wings together.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Pyrian said:
Recusant said:
You can actually look at the picture.
I think it's time you cited the picture. Because right now everyone who's reading this thinks you're simply unaware that X-wings fold their wings together.
Don't worry about it, he'll shit himself with how wrong he is the moment he sees the trailer.