Here's The Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens Theatrical Poster

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Here's The Official Star Wars: The Force Awakens Theatrical Poster

Disney has also released a new, 16-second "teaser" trailer, with admittedly only a few seconds of actual new footage.

Disney and Lucasfilm have finally brought us the official theatrical poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars%20the%20force%20awakens?os=star+wars+the+force+awakens] ahead of it's December release. Check it out below:

[http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/986/986769.jpg]

The poster shows off most of the major characters we expect to see in the movie, including the first "official" appearance of Carrie Fischer as Leia. Oddly, Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker appears to be completely absent. It also comes with the news that a brand new trailer will be revealed during ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast on October 19. To tide tide us over until then the official Disney Twitter [https://twitter.com/Disney?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw] has given us a sneak peak:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Disney/status/655833796118384640]

Exciting stuff! Stay tuned for the full trailer, which will we post as soon as it becomes available, so you don't have to sit through a football game to see it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Luke might just be disguising himself as a Stormtrooper. The guy on the left looks pretty short :p

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
008Zulu said:
This poster is remarkably spoiler free. Unless you count the planet with a big ass cannon in it.
I just rather hope that that isn't indicating that the plot is about having to take down yet another death star...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sigh...

-Yay, another Death Star. With SPIKES! Because everything's better with spikes.

-X-Wings...Stormtroopers...Star Destroyers...the Millennium Falcon...yep, we're still in the realm of "original trilogy fanfiction." Granted, I can live with the idea that Episode VII is a bridging chapter to the original trilogy, same way that Episode III was bridging into the OT with its starship designs as well.

-Princess Leia still knows good hair stylists.

-Credit where credit is due, I like how Rey's staff aligns with Rev...sorry, Ren's, lightsaber.

In all fairness, from an objective point of view, I can't fault the poster. Artistically, it's very well done, in the same veign as the Star Wars posters of old (and Lord of the Rings for that matter). Doesn't mean I'm going to be cajoled into liking it though.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
Jadak said:
eh, I'm just hoping that thing in the upper right isn't suggesting that they're doing yet another plot about a spherical super weapon...
008Zulu said:
This poster is remarkably spoiler free. Unless you count the planet with a big ass cannon in it.
I just rather hope that that isn't indicating that the plot is about having to take down yet another death star...
Oh lord, they're totally going to try and make another Death Star, aren't they?

Okayokayokay, Imperial Navy, huddle up!

Guys. Guys. Listen. The *only* reason you keep losing this war is because you keep building these stupid doomsday weapons. How about this... Take all the resources, all the manpower you'd put into building a 3rd Death Star, and just build a metric shit-ton of Imperial Star Destroyers.

So now you've got the largest space-faring navy the galaxy has ever seen. Next, take one of those rebel X-wings, I *know* you've captured one of them at some point in time. And then, just... build your own. Hell, rip out all of its guts and put them into a new TIE variant if that makes you feel better.

So now you've got the biggest space-faring navy the galaxy has ever seen, along with a numerically superior amount of starfighters that are as good or better than the enemy's. Go crush the rebellion. They've got like 20 warships and most of those are supplied by the Mon Calamari. Get your new doomfleet, burn the Mon Cal shipyards to ash, and there you go.

Problem solved.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Jesus, they aren't even trying. Another death star?

I'm done, I won't be giving this movie my money, and unless you loved the prequels, you shouldn't either. Because this will be worse by far.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
As far as that spoilery Death Star in the background goes, I think it merely reflects the fact that this poster wasn't made to merely advertise but to look cool even after the movie has all been shown and everything.

Hawki said:
Those are actually support arches if you look closely.

BTW, Drej Death Star is best Death Star.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
As far as that spoilery Death Star in the background goes, I think it merely reflects the fact that this poster wasn't made to merely advertise but to look cool even after the movie has all been shown and everything.

Hawki said:

No one can beat the Drej. They're pure energy!

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Maybe it's just because I haven't been following this production very closely (I stopped paying attention when they released pictures of what was clearly a Z-95 and called it an X-wing, then, when people pointed that out, insisted that no, it really was an X-wing), but am I the only person who saw that central character's staff and the blade behind it and thought "good grief, they've actually made a lightsaber bat'leth"?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
rcs619 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:

Hawki said:

No one can beat the Drej. They're pure energy!
Unless you have the Titan. Which is also a giant spherical space station that is the most powerful piece of technology in its setting. Only it creates planets rather than destroys them. But does render an entire race extinct in the process.

Sam Tucker, you monster! XD

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Jadak said:
Most of the EU is about handling one super weapon or another.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm looking at this poster and I'm immensely disappointed, for reasons that would probably get me severely reprimanded for where I to express them. Suffice to say, it's the kind of movie 2015 deserves.

El Portero

Mar 14, 2010
Remember when trailers didn't need trailers? Me neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeAAdjZYAs

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
008Zulu said:
Jadak said:
Most of the EU is about handling one super weapon or another.
I don't mind them doing another super weapon, but literally another giant spherical battlestation super laser one?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Johnny Novgorod said:
I'm looking at this poster and I'm immensely disappointed, for reasons that would probably get me severely reprimanded for where I to express them. Suffice to say, it's the kind of movie 2015 deserves.
As someone who's had a cynical view on Episode VII from the outset, I wouldn't mind hearing them myself.

On the other hand, I've found 2015 to be a good year for movies. Even the worst movies I've seen in cinemas have been "okay" rather than "bad." And in all fairness, I doubt the film will be bad either.

Then again, I don't even consider the prequels to be "bad" either, so make of that what you will.

Jack Action

Not a premium member.
Sep 6, 2014
The new iStormies are bad enough, but who in the hell came up with the Chrometrooper? And why?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Jadak said:
I don't mind them doing another super weapon, but literally another giant spherical battlestation super laser one?
I think that if they used a design, or idea, from the EU, then it would be all the proof the fandom needs to declare that the EU is cannon.