Here's The Second Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Here's The Second Avengers: Age Of Ultron Trailer

Ultron tears The Avengers apart while Disney and Marvel double down on the Pinocchio references.

Tonight during some... football game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/139284-Avengers-Age-Of-Ultron-Trailer-To-Debut-During-College-Football-Playoff-National-Championship], Marvel unveiled the new trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron. Fortunately, it's now out in the wild. Because we care, I won't beat around the bush - watch right now, on the right side of this page.

To be clear, nothing in this trailer adds substantially to what we've previously seen. The tone is different, I suppose - this trailer really emphasizes what we all know to be the case: that the events of Ultron lead in some capacity to the apparent break up of the Avengers, setting the stage for Captain America: Civil War, and ultimately a new Avengers lineup [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138266-Kevin-Feige-Confirms-New-Avengers-Line-Up-After-Avengers-2]. But we've previously seen elements of almost everything in this one.

But who cares? Marvel is really good at selling their films, and they've done so here. I love how damned personal things look. The Avengers have always been about the weird family dynamic, so breaking them up means getting in the way of their relationships, We get a hint of that by the way certain characters interact, like Black Widow and The Hulk, or better, Iron Man and The Hulk. We also see more of our heroes isolated from one another (not just emo Hawkeye in the woods). Hell, I even like the heavy handed use of "I've got no strings". That's how good Marvel is at this. Point: Prepare for all the feels, true believers.

How great does this thing look? I love the Hulkbuster armor, and the weird, disjointed, almost zombie-esque way Ultron comes together. Granted, I'd like to see more of Quicksilver, but hell, I can wait until the film comes out.

small

Aug 5, 2014
as someone who watches the movies, doesnt read the comic books and doesnt keep track of the news about the movie. the trailer was great :)

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
eh, didn't really like this one to be honest. A couple of moments were ok, but the first trailer was much better imo

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
On the one hand I wanna watch this. On the other, I wanna remain spoiler-free.

*sigh* This is how people with purity rings must be feeling.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Yes, yes, yes I know, I'm suitably excited, hurry up and be May already.

Red-eyed Hulk, hmm?

Queen Michael said:
On the one hand I wanna watch this. On the other, I wanna remain spoiler-free.

*sigh* This is how people with purity rings must be feeling.
You just need to rub one out to tide you over. The Avengers 2 trailer version of a crafty one.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Still kinda eh.

Looks fine, I guess, but nothing to really get the blood pumping.

The visuals especially seem kind of lacking in energy and excitement.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Hmmm.. looks like the theories that Ultron was controlling the Hulk Buster were wrong. Looks like Tony was in it.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I wonder whats gonna happen to Black Widow. It looked like she was forced down on a gurney and about to be operated on/tortured. Maybe it's a flash-back, she does have bangs. And Hulk is likely going to be manipulated again. Ultron looks like he's gonna be fleshed out, as opposed to Ronan and Malekith.

May can't come fast enough. I want to see who ends up on what side, why the Avengers needed a robot army, and the fallout from the group breaking up.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Spaceman Spiff said:
I wonder whats gonna happen to Black Widow. It looked like she was forced down on a gurney and about to be operated on/tortured. Maybe it's a flash-back, she does have bangs.
That looked to me like it might be Pepper Potts, but I can't re-watch the trailer just now to check.

Edit: Snuck a watch, nope. T'is Black Widow with a fringe.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Who's the girl in the cave? I was thinking Wakandan at first but she looks very....bony. Perhaps one of Thanos's lieutenants, maybe Supergiant?

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
It looks good, but I can't help but feel it's going to have the same plot as the first one. Arguments dissolve into the Avengers fighting each other, then they team up the end to stop the big bad.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Makabriel said:
Hmmm.. looks like the theories that Ultron was controlling the Hulk Buster were wrong. Looks like Tony was in it.
In the first trailer, you could see the buster's helmet close on top of Tony's regular suit

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Renegade-pizza said:
Makabriel said:
In the first trailer, you could see the buster's helmet close on top of Tony's regular suit
*nods
I agree. But there were tons of people thinking otherwise.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Hulk is my absolute favorite character for a long long time now, and all the Hulk stuff looks fantastic. It really just makes me want another Hulk movie seeing that stuff. Not that I think this movie isn't going to be awesome, I think it probably is.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I am excited to see the movie, and I'm hoping it does more than the first Avengers, mainly from the fact that while good, didn't have a lot of meat to the plot. I'm sure overall it will be a good movie.

With how things have been, I wonder if expectations will be too high, or if the Marvel hype train will have gone too far finally, that people will be down on this a lot more than one should. Hype is good to get people excited and want to see something, but I feel that the amount of hype Marvel has is at a breaking point, that it will do more negative than good. I've learned to not get hyped up to much by not keeping up with all the details and making speculations all the time, but many will get way too hyped, which will most likely be a large number of people, that it will backfire eventually. Hopefully it's nothing, but for some reason, I have this gut feeling that Avengers 2 will be the first "bomb" for the MCU, and not necessarily for it being terrible.

jab136

Sep 21, 2012
Super Cyborg said:
With how things have been, I wonder if expectations will be too high, or if the Marvel hype train will have gone too far finally, that people will be down on this a lot more than one should. Hype is good to get people excited and want to see something, but I feel that the amount of hype Marvel has is at a breaking point, that it will do more negative than good. I've learned to not get hyped up to much by not keeping up with all the details and making speculations all the time, but many will get way too hyped, which will most likely be a large number of people, that it will backfire eventually. Hopefully it's nothing, but for some reason, I have this gut feeling that Avengers 2 will be the first "bomb" for the MCU, and not necessarily for it being terrible.
I am not too worried about A2, as it will probably do well no matter what, and it definitely looks good enough to draw big crowds. I have a larger suspicion that Ant Man will "bomb" because it really looks meh. I am slightly concerned about the amount of new characters being introduced in Avengers 2 though, it looks like it might start to get a bit confusing.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
jab136 said:
I am not too worried about A2, as it will probably do well no matter what, and it definitely looks good enough to draw big crowds. I have a larger suspicion that Ant Man will "bomb" because it really looks meh. I am slightly concerned about the amount of new characters being introduced in Avengers 2 though, it looks like it might start to get a bit confusing.
It does look good, and it's mostly a gut feeling that like most times for me will probably not be anything, but it's still a felling that can be unnerving.

I have little to no clue about anything for the Antman movie, since I've looked up nothing about it. Only thing I know is about the director stuff. I wonder if Antman will do okay by the sheer fact that it isn't one of the more well known characters. Also, I feel that it might be fine as I don't see large amounts of hype around it that could be more for backfire. Then again, being after Avengers 2, it has a good chance of being looked down upon, because if there's something I've learned from One Piece, it's that after a major and popular arc, the next one is going to be considered a disappointment.

Just a wait and see game at this point, since both movies come out this year.