Here's What it Will Cost You to Rent a Private Server for Battlefield 1

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Here's What it Will Cost You to Rent a Private Server for Battlefield 1

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1356/1356791.jpgEA has revealed the pricing structure for Battlefield 1's private servers.

We knew that private server rentals were announced in a forum post [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168601-Youll-Be-Able-to-Rent-a-Battlefield-1-Server-Just-Not-When-the-Game-Launches] that the server rental program will kick off in November, and they also revealed the pricing structure.

The pricing of private servers will vary depending on your platform of choice. PC servers will be the most expensive. Here's what PC pricing looks like:

1 day: $2.99
7 days: $11.99
30 days: $42.99
90 days: $99.99
180 days: $149.99

For PS4 or Xbox One servers, you'll pay a little less. Here's the pricing for console servers:

1 day: $1.99
7 days: $7.99
30 days: $26.99
90 days: $64.99
180 days: $99.99

A second post in the same forum thread mentions some of the settings you'll be able to control on your server. They include ticket count, bullet damage, game modes, weapons, and maps.

There's no word on the exact release date for private servers, but if you keep an eye on the forum thread linked above, updates should be coming soon. The servers do sound a bit pricey, but you can bet that plenty of people will avail themselves of the opportunity once the program goes live.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That's, considerably cheaper than I'm used to actually.

In fact that's almost half a BF3/4/Hardline server, which leads me to wonder if those prices for base server rental or for the full 64 player here are the keys go nuts package that people actually want?

Although you're paying that much every six months for servers that don't even allow admin commands as yet, that's a an interesting feature to miss.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
Even though I don't think I'll end up playing the game, I wouldn't buy servers for that much money, especially since you'll be paying for days you don't use it with the better value plans. Also, what exactly is the reasoning for higher pc price? It has to be higher performance, like allowing more players or higher tickrate than the console servers.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Living_Brain said:
Even though I don't think I'll end up playing the game, I wouldn't buy servers for that much money, especially since you'll be paying for days you don't use it with the better value plans. Also, what exactly is the reasoning for higher pc price? It has to be higher performance, like allowing more players or higher tickrate than the console servers.
Higher tickrate most likely.

Also, your server stays up unless you close it on purpose even if you're not directly on it so people can still play it and use your settings/rotation so it isn't like its' going to waste.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
That is... not the best priced servers I have ever seen. That is what happens when their is a monopoly on the servers though, you can charge what you want. Though, the details on this are almost non-existent. Depending on the connections offered and the speeds they are offered at, it could be a great price.