Here's your new ultra edgy Joker!

Sapphirewave

Mar 24, 2014
The thing that annoys me the most about this is that the Joker has taken another step closer to being a rip off of Zsasz. Seriously, at this point it would have been better if they just sidelined Joker and made Zsasz Batman's archenemy. I know it has slowly been building up to this over many years, but I do have to point out that the joker just doesn't seem to be funny anymore. I'm not saying that he was always funny, but the trait that I always felt defined the Joker was that at least he believed that his jokes were funny. The Joker can be a dark insane killer so long as there is a punchline, and I don't see a joke here.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
Oh, well, at least he isn't holding his hand in a gun gesture to batgirls head.

That'd be offensive.

Seriously though, I get why they've done this.

He'd never live up to Ledger, so, why not try something different? I'm interested, but, not entirely convinced.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Saw this floating around the internet

Abbyka

Apr 9, 2015
Yuck. He looks gross. I prefer the Heath Ledger or Batman the Animated Series Joker.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
He looks like the Grant Morrison/Tony Daniel Joker....This pleases me.

Right now, as long as it's not the current comic Joker where he's completely torn his face off, I'm happy.

Gettin' real sick of your shit, DC Comics.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
IMO I think the "damaged" tattoo is meant as a sarcastic joke. I recall a line from Arkham City "Nice of you to say... but I think we both know; There's PLENTY wrong with me."

lastcigarette

Mar 18, 2010
Except for the tattoo work I really like it. Has a mixture of Iggy Pop and Trainspotting vibe to it. Other than the J under the eye and the playing cards the tattoo work is lackluster. No one other than a poser or an idiot gets a tattoo on their forehead. On the neck or scalp yes but not on the forehead. It may as well say dickfor. The jester cap would be better without the skull, the full forearm mouth and the ha ha has are poorly done fan service.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Nods Respectfully Towards You said:
Fortunately it's been confirmed this isn't the official look for the Joker in Suicide Squad and just something fro Joker 75th anniversary. I just hope they take this internet outrage and just make sure it looks nothing like what they posted.
Oh thank the lord. If this was the Joker we'd be getting for a Suicide Squad film adaption I'd have to give it a pass. Ledger's Joker was the perfect example of the regular guy who just broke. Nicholson was the perfect Joker created by Batman. Now lets see an animated series like Joker please.

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
Wait and see what happens. The Joker is an almost impossible to mess up character. At least I've never seen a bad portrayal of him. The tattoos are more than a bit much but maybe they will fit this interpretation. Then again if it really is that upsetting, write letters to the studio. If they get enough they might change it, or they might not but at least you got it out of your system.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
Honestly? This looks more like the Batman Beyond Joker Gang Member then 'The Joker'. Which, honestly i'm kinda okay with if that's how it works out.

MatParker116

Feb 4, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
WolfThomas said:
Cons
-The tattoos. Again the Joker is meant to be in prison, so I like the idea of prison tats. But these look like something someone obsessed with the Joker might have. Not the actual joker. I can't think of what the Joker would have but I think it would be smarter/more confusing than "hahahahaha" or "damaged"
The tattoos on his body I like fine, provided they're covered by a purple suit and glimpsed rather than made the centrepiece, that way it's just another layer of Mr J's image obsession.

The ones on the face and the false teeth are terible though, the Joker wears only one thing on his face and it's a smile.

I often wonder why nobody's tried going subtle with the Joker. We've had comic accurate Jack Nicholson and stripped back grungy looking Heath Ledger, so the next logical step is a man in a sharp purple suit, with neatly cut and dyed dark green hair, flamboyant and attention grabbing but nothing obviously 'insane' until he sets whatever his next joke is into motion.
Guys been fighting Bats for decades, makes sense old brucy knocked some teeth out.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
My only question is who in their right mind would agree to tattoo the Joker? It seems like a one way ticket to getting a needle gun in the eyeball.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
MatParker116 said:
Guys been fighting Bats for decades, makes sense old brucy knocked some teeth out.
Then he should have pearly white tombstones, teeth that look almost (but not quite) natural.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I find it hard to believe that The Joker sat down with a tattoo artist, asked 'Hey, can I get HAHAHAHAHAHA written on my shoulder, and Damaged on my forehead' and then proceeded to sit there for hours.

UltraPic

Dec 5, 2011
fix-the-spade said:
MatParker116 said:
Then he should have pearly white tombstones, teeth that look almost (but not quite) natural.
But he's edgy now.
ToastiestZombie said:
I find it hard to believe that The Joker sat down with a tattoo artist, asked 'Hey, can I get HAHAHAHAHAHA written on my shoulder, and Damaged on my forehead' and then proceeded to sit there for hours.
It looks more like he went to tattoo "artist" that only does commercial pre made templates. Since no other info was posted by op (And I don't care to look) I wouldn't be upset just now, or may by I would since the whole edge batman has is on full display for the time being, kind of like why getting an Adam and the Ants tattoo was a bad idea in the seventies :D.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
Pluvia said:
I can understand all the complaints. It seems weird to think of the Joker sitting down and getting tattoos.

But what I think is well, the Joker has always been a bad character. When we see him he's crazy, but we don't see him doing all the normal things he must obviously have to do: Go shopping for food, putting his makeup on, finding somewhere to live that has toilets, etc. At some points during his day he's going to have to stop being the crazy Joker and just be.. mundane and normal. We never see this of course, it would ruin the illusion. Frankly, if he was constantly crazy all the time he'd be captured by the police and Batman in a day.

To me it doesn't stretch believability that he sat down and got tattoos. He clearly does other normal things to get through the week.

"Going Sane" was one of my favorite Joker stories way back when. Basically tells what would happen if the Joker "won" his never ending war against the Batman. Legends of the Dark Knight #65-68, which was also later collected and re-released in a trade. Definitely worth checking out.

WolfThomas said:
Saw this floating around the internet
I love you.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
I know this isn't exactly the point of this thread but I am curious... What kind of role is the Joker going to play in this movie? I mean he isn't a member of the Suicide Squad(is he?)so what kind of a "presence" is he going to have here? Is he a major character or just a cameo kind of role?

OT: I actually don't have any problem with this, it looks completely unlike most any other version of the character I've seen and that is enough for me. They can do whatever they like, free from the constraints of any previous incarnations, they may end up making something completely unique and awesome. Why does everything need to be exactly like it has been done before?