Heroes of the Storm Enters Open Beta

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Heroes of the Storm Enters Open Beta

Heroes of the Storm's beta is now fully open, meaning anyone and everyone can go ahead an jump in ahead of its June 2 launch date.

Heroes of the Storm website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140518-Blizzard-announces-open-beta-and-release-date-for-Heroes-of-the-Storm] to get started.

To celebrate the game's open beta launch, Blizzard has posted an appropriately awesome new trailer: "Enter the Nexus", showcasing characters from all of Blizzard's universe duking it out. You can check it out above.

"Kindly keep in mind that Open Beta is still not final release, and we will be closely monitoring the game to ensure a positive play experience for everyone. Should one-too-many brawlers try to cram through the Nexus Portal at once, you may encounter a queue when attempting to log in to the client," wrote Blizzard in an official press release.

If you're new to the game, or have recruited some friends that are new, you may want to check out our beginner guide [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/13941-Heroes-of-the-Storm-Beginner-Guide] for the game, which gives some handy tips and tricks to ensure you're not left in the dust.

During its last earnings call, Blizzard reported that around 11 million players [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140717-World-of-Warcraft-Loses-2-9-Million-Subscribers-in-One-Quarter] had signed up for the Heroes of the Storm closed beta.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
I'm just gonna throw this out there. At player lv 15, you unlock the final 'free rotation' slot. This week, it's a Hero(es) called The Lost Vikings. I hope you've heard of them :D

Just, I'm here to tell you. Trust me, you don't want to play them until you've got a really good feel for the game, or experience with SC2 micro/familiarity with multi model characters in Dota2. It took me getting them to Hero lv 8 before I even felt comfortable taking them into VS, and while I might be slow there...they are very, very finicky. I don't want to deter people, just...know what you're getting into with them XD

Newage

Aug 21, 2014
Uratoh said:
I'm just gonna throw this out there. At player lv 15, you unlock the final 'free rotation' slot. This week, it's a Hero(es) called The Lost Vikings. I hope you've heard of them :D

Just, I'm here to tell you. Trust me, you don't want to play them until you've got a really good feel for the game, or experience with SC2 micro/familiarity with multi model characters in Dota2. It took me getting them to Hero lv 8 before I even felt comfortable taking them into VS, and while I might be slow there...they are very, very finicky. I don't want to deter people, just...know what you're getting into with them XD
On the contrary, they should play them. In coop, at least. Not only does it helps you understand how they work, and try them in a real game, but they will most likely not be in the free rotation again for a very long time. That's 500 free gold that could stay locked for several months.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Newage said:
On the contrary, they should play them. In coop, at least. Not only does it helps you understand how they work, and try them in a real game, but they will most likely not be in the free rotation again for a very long time. That's 500 free gold that could stay locked for several months.
It is, I may have been a BIT over-warny about them...but I've seen people rage in frustration trying them out in co-op. I enjoy them, personally, but they can be highly irritating to people who don't 'get' them.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
As someone who'se been playing Dota2 on and off for around 2 years and still can't eke out a 50% win chase on PvP (I'm actually convinced that it's gotten alot harder, casuals aren't really playing anymore,) I found myself binging on PvP most of the evening.

Still can't say if the game's "great," but 20 minute matches and not having to worry about item purchase order is brilliant game design.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Watches video...

...that poor shark :(