Heroes of The Storm Getting Diablo-Themed Mini-Expansion

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Heroes of The Storm Getting Diablo-Themed Mini-Expansion

Diablo[/I]-themed map for the game. Up until now, all of the maps have been either generic fantasy-type maps, or distinctly Warcraft-themed. With Battlefield of Eternity, there is hope for more Diablo, and even StarCraft, themed maps in the future.

Source: Blizzard [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMy1wFz9cSo]

General Torg

Mar 12, 2009
So by mini-expansion, does that mean we have to pay for the map or is this just a content update?

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
General Torg said:
So by mini-expansion, does that mean we have to pay for the map or is this just a content update?
Yeah, that's what I'm curious about too...if they're going to go the Halo/CoD/FPS route of "buy the maps if you wanna play", that's gonna kill the game faster than EA killed Dawngate...Their heroes already cost a buttload each and the majority of their skins are jokes even compared to the early equipment of DOTA2 and League's first year of skins, not to mention Smite left them in the dust when they officially launched.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Wait isn't the butcher basically stitches. Hooks enemies to him and hits them with his cleaver. Big fat monster who is obsessed with food. I always kind of expected The Butcher would be a skin for stitches.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
General Torg said:
You didn't have to pay for the Naxxramas or Goblins vs Gnomes expansions in Hearthstone. I find it highly unlikely you'll have to pay for the maps in HotS. They'll certainly expect you to pay for new skins and characters though. That's how their F2P model works.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Wait, what aspects of WoW are any of the HotS maps based on? Because all of the maps seemed generically fantasy to me.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
VanQ said:
General Torg said:
You didn't have to pay for the Naxxramas or Goblins vs Gnomes expansions in Hearthstone. I find it highly unlikely you'll have to pay for the maps in HotS. They'll certainly expect you to pay for new skins and characters though. That's how their F2P model works.
You totally have to pay for Naxxramas, either with gold or real money. I doubt you have to pay for the new map, because all the other maps have been free, and aside form custom games there is currently no way to choose the map you play on per match.

Newage

Aug 21, 2014
Eric the Orange said:
Wait isn't the butcher basically stitches. Hooks enemies to him and hits them with his cleaver. Big fat monster who is obsessed with food. I always kind of expected The Butcher would be a skin for stitches.
No, they have a different kit for the Butcher (who will be an assassin BTW, and not a warrior).

he has a slow in a line, a charge that stuns, and he can apply a mark on a target. Attacking the marked target heals him.
He has 2 ults : a ball-and-chain thingie that forces an ennemy hero to stay in a very small area, and an AoE ability that he can use while using the charge (the ult has a bit of charge up). His trait is Fresh Meat: when something dies next to him, meat drops on the ground, and collecting it improves his damage (1% per meat, caps at 25%).

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Gizen said:
Wait, what aspects of WoW are any of the HotS maps based on? Because all of the maps seemed generically fantasy to me.
Well considering that WoW is generic fantasy anyways it's kind of hard to tell.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Really wish they'd knock out some essentials first before making even MORE characters to fill out existing slots. We still need a Starcraft Warrior and a Diablo Support. That way I can play the game as little as possible to still cap rewards payouts, due to being able to always select a character that overlaps in quests.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Newage said:
Eric the Orange said:
No, they have a different kit for the Butcher (who will be an assassin BTW, and not a warrior).

he has a slow in a line, a charge that stuns, and he can apply a mark on a target. Attacking the marked target heals him.
He has 2 ults : a ball-and-chain thingie that forces an ennemy hero to stay in a very small area, and an AoE ability that he can use while using the charge (the ult has a bit of charge up). His trait is Fresh Meat: when something dies next to him, meat drops on the ground, and collecting it improves his damage (1% per meat, caps at 25%).
I know they made him play differently, but in terms of the character before they put him in the game The Butcher is Pretty much Stiches.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Heroes of The Storm will be getting it's first map set outside of the Warcraft universe.
Except that exactly 0 of the maps have a connection to any of blizzards games. An accurate statement would be that this is the first map set inside one of blizzards game universes.