Heroes you hated

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
RyQ_TMC said:
I'll stretch the "movie, book or game" premise and say webcomics. Rayne from "Least I Could Do". He's selfish, narcissistic, and uses other people as props in his own fantasy scenarios. And yet, girls throw themselves all over him and guys can't help but buy him a bunch of drinks.
Admittedly this is why I got bored of that webcomic eventually.

Woem

May 28, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Darkrai said:
Spiderman in Spiderman 3. Need I say more?
Press Conference:
"Alright gang, lets cash in on the latest trend of Alter-Egos, Evil ones at that. Oh A story? Yeah, we'll come up with that down the line.. but how about that CG!"
You do realize that the Venom storyline was created more than 20 years ago, right? If I'm correct then his first appearance is in The Amazing Spider-Man #298 (March 1988).

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
woem said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Darkrai said:
Spiderman in Spiderman 3. Need I say more?
Press Conference:
"Alright gang, lets cash in on the latest trend of Alter-Egos, Evil ones at that. Oh A story? Yeah, we'll come up with that down the line.. but how about that CG!"
You do realize that the Venom storyline was created more than 20 years ago, right? If I'm correct then his first appearance is in The Amazing Spider-Man #298 (March 1988).
That was all in good spirits :D

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Where do I begin?

Superman - Yeah, I know, gang upon the Man of Steel. I don't mean the old, 1950s cartoons Supes, that one kicked ass. Even the 90s cartoon Man-O-Steel was superb. I mean the movies Superman. Especially today's Superman Returns Stupidman. Supes is supposed to be able to pick up a bus without even trying, and they've got him grunting, groaning and straining himself inside-out trying to pick up a tree.

Spider-Man - Honestly, I liked Spider-Man more when he "appeared" in an Angry Video Game Nerd review of some lame Spidey games ("THIS GAME SUCKS MY SPIDER-BALLS!" is still one of my favorite lines from the internet ever) than his movies. Yes, Spider-Man is a cool hero. No, he doesn't need to be some angsty, emo-goth arachna-pussy. Actually, I take that back. Emo-goths could kick Spider-Man's spider-ass.

Tidus from Final Fantasy X - Terrible voice actor, pretentious, androgenous, angsty after so long...I know Square Enix is trying to re-invent Cloud Strife, but seriously move on. Anytime you try to reinvent the wheel, you always end up fucking it up.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
I never liked Duke Nukem. Even as a third grader in '97, I found his antics and design immature.

The man is just a mish-mash of bad eighties and nineties generic and misogynistic action heroes. Almost all his lines were direct rips from popular movies.

And yet gamers bemoaned the recent loss of Duke Nukem ForNever as if the second coming of Christ was cancelled.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Batman I bloody hate that over glorified angsty b*****d. "Oh my parents were killed and left me with pot loads of money I think Ill take on crime."

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
The only thing which I can think to add to this maelstrom of negativity is the name of Nick Kang from the first True Crime game. He takes all of the traits which people commonly despise in action movie and game heroes and blends them together in a seamless whole so it is impossible to tell which individual part one hates the most.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Ushario said:
humpees said:
Nynaeve al'Meara. She just bugs me, sexist *****.

Internet for getting the reference
The Wheel of Time, the so called 'Wisdom' and Aes Sedai.

I agree she's a ***** but Cadsuane is far worse. Rand needs to waste her.
I gave up on that series sometime during book 10.
It was mostly pretty good, don't get me wrong. It had an in-human level of detail, though.

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
Zarthek said:
Backed, I hate Tidus, such and obnoxious dweeb... makes you wonder *spoiler* how Yuna fell in love with the fool
probably because she's an irritating whiny character who inexplicably falls in love with adolescent androgynous nauseating generic western boys in ridiculous effeminate outfits with horrendous spiky hairstyles. tidus was a perfect match. if auron wasn't so goddamn cool i would've never made it through that game.

for me:
superman
the fantastic four
spiderman in the 3rd installment
CJ

Computer-Noob

Mar 21, 2009
VitalSigns said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
VitalSigns said:
Tidus - FFX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8-e-C4Uy0

This speaks louder than any words I could mash together.
He's just awful. There isn't one thing I like about that androgynous Douchebag.

LOL he sounds like a crow. Also, voice acting in that game is crap.

It might just be because I hate JRPGs, but I swear that the english dubbing in all of them is horrible...Or at least, the ones that I've played.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Ontoue said:
Post movie, book or game protagonists you hated.

for me it was john conner at the end of terminater 3, that robot dude (I forget his name)could have led the resistance so much better than him, and anything starring Vin Deisal(spell?).
Thats T4... T3 was when the bombs fell at the end .... and no John Conner was pretty cool because in the next one he's supposed to be the mega badass

anyway I hated that guy in Resistance...in fact everyone in both Resistances. First Nathan is a mute ... next he's a throaty voiced pussy

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
berethond said:
Ushario said:
humpees said:
Nynaeve al'Meara. She just bugs me, sexist *****.

Internet for getting the reference
The Wheel of Time, the so called 'Wisdom' and Aes Sedai.

I agree she's a ***** but Cadsuane is far worse. Rand needs to waste her.
I gave up on that series sometime during book 10.
It was mostly pretty good, don't get me wrong. It had an in-human level of detail, though.
I'm reading War and Peace right now, granted its a single book compared to a whole series but it is a lot harder to follow.

I suggest you continue reading. The final book is set to be released early next year I think.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
VAAN!!! FFXII I wanted to take balthiers gun and shoot him, but the stupid (i actually enjoyed the battle system) battle system means it isn't that satisfying, now a TRUE real time battle would be more enjoyable to watch (Vaan getting shot that is)

OiXerxes

Jan 3, 2009
Shine-osophical said:
VAAN!!! FFXII I wanted to take balthiers gun and shoot him, but the stupid (i actually enjoyed the battle system) battle system means it isn't that satisfying, now a TRUE real time battle would be more enjoyable to watch (Vaan getting shot that is)
That is why I treat Balthier as the true protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII

Eragon - Whiny pussy

Spiderman in the third movie

ANY CHARACTER IN TWILIGHT (My friends made me read them :[ )

Nathan "Rad" Spencer in the New Bionic Commando - That voice actor is just horrible for him

Any and all protagonists Orlando Bloom plays (Note: Legolas is likable in the books)

The Fantastic Four

Robin

Jean Grey in the X-Men movies - *****...playing two X-Men at once

Cyclops - A freaking crybaby in both movies and comics played by a horrible actor

Sonic + all of those associated

Autobots in the transformers movies - (The Decepticons designs [besides Starscream and Megatron] were at least slightly better)

THOSE ****ING TWINS IN TRANSFORMERS 2 - Why didn't that one die when sucked into the mouth of Devastator?

Anakin - In all incarnations (Besides Darth Vader) Anakin is unlikable and emotionless, which is NOT what Lucas should have been aiming for considering that he had been exposed to emotions unlike the rest of the Jedi!

Squall Leonhart - For being a an unlikable, whiny, emo ***** of a protagonist!. In order for a story to work, the protagonist has to "click" (For lack of a better term) with your audience. Squall didn't for me, and thus the story Final Fantasy VIII, as stupid as it was already, crumbled into dust and blew away into the wind. Seeing as the story is the key part of JRPG, the game pretty much broke too.

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
Tidus from FFX. He was a whiny brat. The game would have been much better with Auron as a protagonist...