Heroes you hated

Thegoodfriar

Apr 15, 2009
mentor07825 said:
I absolutely hate Superman. I think that there are better heroes then him, and a teenager can kick hiss ass with kryptonite.
Hallelujah; I agree completely. He's lame because in every fight he seems close to death but wins, because he is unstoppable. Yet as soon as someone pulls out that glowing green rock; he's helpless.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Thegoodfriar said:
mentor07825 said:
I absolutely hate Superman. I think that there are better heroes then him, and a teenager can kick hiss ass with kryptonite.
Hallelujah; I agree completely. He's lame because in every fight he seems close to death but wins, because he is unstoppable. Yet as soon as someone pulls out that glowing green rock; he's helpless.
You mean like that bit every action film where it looks like the hero is about to lose but makes a rallying come-back and wins the day? :/ Of, of course, they 'could' have died, that's what makes it dramatic, but since Superman is practically immortal well, must suck all that tension right out eh?

That's the challenge of writing for Superman. The writers have to come up with imaginative ways to make him work. And granted...a lot of the times it doesn't really work, and they fall back on Kryponite or a kidnapped loved one etc.

I guess what I mean is, Superheroes are cyphers. You have a basic outline, their name, outfit, their general look, basic history etc. But, they need good writers to flesh them out. A few bad books doesn't make the character bad, it just shows up poor writing. Hence some comics will be better than others depending on who's writing them.

Kailias

Mar 11, 2009
Stevepinto3 said:
Any and all mute protagonists. It does the exact opposite of what designers think it would do, which is to let you imagine yourself as the character. Instead it just bugs me the whole time that someone else is always speaking for me.

Also Jessica Alba in the Fantastic Four movies for having the most god awful lines I have heard in any movie save for Plane Nine From Outer-Space.
Wait...ALL mute protagonists? Even Gordan Freeman? My sir, you jest.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
The Volume said:
Phoenix Arrow said:
VitalSigns said:
Tidus - FFX
I agree. Couldn't he just shag Yuna and be done with it?
Wait what? I thought he was gay. Like I stopped playing cause I was sure the Tidus/Wakka buttsex minigame was gonna be the next scene. Kind of surprised to hear he's not.
The Tidus/Yuna thing was the worst love story in human history. It was like... do you remember what it was like having a "girlfriend" when you were like 8. You never know what to say to each other, you're only "going out" because you've heard that's what you're meant to do and when you kiss it's like OH MY GOD, THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED! It was like watching that which is really quite uncomfortable.
And what the fuck was that fake sad laughing gambit about? Tidus needs to review his dating strategy. When you're trying to get with someone and she's like depressed, you don't go "even when I'm upset, I just laugh at anything and it makes everything ok". Amateur. I'll give this to him though, the bit at lake he handled very well but a mutant with gils could score in that situation.
Honestly, I was hoping that he would go for Rikku in the end as a nice plot twist and because she's the only half decent character in the game but it wasn't to be.

Sorry, these are the things that bother me when I'm playing game. The dating scenarios and subtext. Ever played Ninety Nine Nights? Incest. I'll stop now.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Whatsherface from XBlades
flare09 said:
Any comic book hero ever. I hate them all just so much.
Gormourn said:
Pretty much any comic book hero.

I despise the whole "superman" thing with all my being.

Fuck, even Harry Potter is a better hero then all of those.
Seems you guys harmonized on that one.
Any comic without blood and gore does not get bought by me.

Maybe this reflects poorly on me as a person.

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix Arrow said:
The Volume said:
Phoenix Arrow said:
VitalSigns said:
Tidus - FFX
I agree. Couldn't he just shag Yuna and be done with it?
Wait what? I thought he was gay. Like I stopped playing cause I was sure the Tidus/Wakka buttsex minigame was gonna be the next scene. Kind of surprised to hear he's not.
The Tidus/Yuna thing was the worst love story in human history. It was like... do you remember what it was like having a "girlfriend" when you were like 8. You never know what to say to each other, you're only "going out" because you've heard that's what you're meant to do and when you kiss it's like OH MY GOD, THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED! It was like watching that which is really quite uncomfortable.
And what the fuck was that fake sad laughing gambit about? Tidus needs to review his dating strategy. When you're trying to get with someone and she's like depressed, you don't go "even when I'm upset, I just laugh at anything and it makes everything ok". Amateur. I'll give this to him though, the bit at lake he handled very well but a mutant with gils could score in that situation.
Honestly, I was hoping that he would go for Rikku in the end as a nice plot twist and because she's the only half decent character in the game but it wasn't to be.

Sorry, these are the things that bother me when I'm playing game. The dating scenarios and subtext. Ever played Ninety Nine Nights? Incest. I'll stop now.
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who looks so deeply into things. Although it probably is my favorite game of all time, waaaay back then I did wish that he would go for Rikku. I remember I did everything you could do to get her to like you. There's one part in the game where you can flirt with her if you want. But alas, he picked Yuna.

Wait no, nevermind. Rikku's mine.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
ElTigreSantiago said:
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who looks so deeply into things. Although it probably is my favorite game of all time, waaaay back then I did wish that he would go for Rikku. I remember I did everything you could do to get her to like you. There's one part in the game where you can flirt with her if you want. But alas, he picked Yuna.

Mmm. Rikku was pretty easy too, he could've got her in half the time and then... umm spoiler... the ending wouldn't have happened and he could have lived happily ever after. Yuna was pretty pathetic as well, let's be honest.
I can't really see how it can be your favourite game of all time but that's another day and another topic.

ElTigreSantiago

Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix Arrow said:
ElTigreSantiago said:

Mmm. Rikku was pretty easy too, he could've got her in half the time and then... umm spoiler... the ending wouldn't have happened and he could have lived happily ever after. Yuna was pretty pathetic as well, let's be honest.
I can't really see how it can be your favourite game of all time but that's another day and another topic.
By favorite game I don't mean it's the greatest game ever made, I just had a really good experience with it, way back when.

Back on topic, I really don't like the protagonists that are 10 years olds and the audience is supposed to think they're awesome.

WithHisHat

May 27, 2009
I never did like Hellboy, by the second movie i was completely rooting for the bad guy. At least the villain had a reason, actual motive, that could drive a creature to fight so passionately. Not Hellboy, his basic motive was, "well its kinda my job and I have nothing better to do." Then again, I never read the comic.

Oh, here is one from left field. I found the character from MILK to completely unlikable. I'm not homophobic by any means but by the end of the film Harvey Milk came off as a big gay bully who used the homosexual vote to pressure others to side with him.

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
I don't know if its been mentioned yet, but the little fairy from the Zelda games. I forget what its called, but it was always freaking annoying.

slycooper20

Dec 28, 2008
Gotta go with the Wonder Twins (the two whiny Spanish pricks) from Season 2 of Heroes. God, I hated them.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Liu Kang
Spiderman
Superman
Chuck Norris
Shujinko from MK:Deception
Anakin + Ahsoka
Legolass(mispell intentional) and anyone but Gandolf the Gay haha its funny because the actor's gay Gimli Mary and Pippin
My little brother Riley
Iron man due to his actions during the Civil War series
The obvius Harry Potter
Anyone from twilight
the autobots (notice how EVERYONE of the Decepticons were as big or bigger than Optimus)
Optimus Prime because he is a pussy
Sonic and everyone associated with him
Graham from King's quest, when I say iI want to hit the squirrel with the rock I want to hit the fucking squirrel with the fucking rock and i dont want to hear about how the squirrel wouldent like that of course the squirrel wont like it you want to hit it with a god damn rock
(if you got that reference good job your not an idiot who dosent appreciat the classics)
Jar Jar
Ewoks
Godzila
Eragon

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
humpees said:
Nynaeve al'Meara. She just bugs me, sexist *****.

Internet for getting the reference
The Wheel of Time, the so called 'Wisdom' and Aes Sedai.

I agree she's a ***** but Cadsuane is far worse. Rand needs to waste her.

Motti

Jan 26, 2009
Artemis Fowl (from the book named after him), the smug little bastard. He gets better as the series goes on and he decides to join the human race, but he's a complete prick in the first book.