Heroes you yelled "YOU IDIOT!" at.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...Doesn't EVERY main protagonist have a: "YOU IDIOT!" moment?

If they don't then they're usually seen as a very shallow character...

I can't think of a time when I've audibly yelled it out but I'm CONSTANTLY thinking it.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
Absolutely ANYONE who gets the big bad in a position where they can kill them and decides 'I'm not going to, I'd be just as bad'. WHAT THE FUCK

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Yeah, The Walking Dead. Andrea, yep.

"Don't shoot, we'll check it out"

Andrea: "K"

*takes aim*

"Andrea, stop"

Andrea: "STFU I got this."

You stupid fucking *****, almost killed Daryl

And then the kid on the farm who was driving the RV in the season finale. Why would you not lock the fucking door?

4thhokage528

Jul 12, 2012
DEFINETLY CAPTAIN america in the avengers film he kept trying to piss of iron man and was a nagging retard when id had enough of his bull i lterally shouted shut up you douche!

4thhokage528

Jul 12, 2012
DEFINETLY CAPTAIN america in the avengers film he kept trying to piss of iron man and was a nagging retard when id had enough of his bull i lterally shouted shut up you douche!

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I was actually discussing how Batman is one of the most selfish people to have ever lived earlier today. I mean, he refuses to execute the Joker, which would save thousands of lives, because his parents were killed. All I can say is WTF? He's letting thousands die because his own parents were killed. Hell, him killing the Joker on the spot is even legal.

4thhokage528 said:
First, welcome to the Escapist. Don't go into the basement.

Second, try to make your comment a bit more readable. People will appreciate it more.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Macgyvercas said:
Would it count to yell at Lawrence and call him a fucking moron when in Season 2
Holo learns that her homeland was destroyed and asked Lawrence to make love to her
?

Because he REALLY was a fucking MORON there!
Sounds fun in theory, but having sex with her there and then would've been taking advantage of her extremely distressed state at the time.

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
Nerexor said:
Peter Petrelli. Most busted and OP super power ever[footnote]Is he within a certain distance of someone else with powers? He gains their power and adds it to the list of powers he now possesses.[/footnote], and all he does with it and grab on to the idiot ball and hold on as tight as he can.
Holy crap yes! He just Emo's everything up and broods. Then when he is powerless he suddenly thinks he's a badass. I wanted to tell him he had it backwards, but damnit all if he wasnt to damn stupid.

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
Marcus Fenix from Gears of War. Nothing anyone in that whole series does makes any sense, but even at the end, when Marcus has had EVERYTHING explained to him, he still kills every locust on the planet horribly, without remorse, and stabs the queen for (rightly) insulting his intelligence and and moral compass.

I yell at the screen in almost every game. In several games, the controls amount to "press buttons and maybe I'll think about doing it". In some cases, we also don't get any control over how big of a douche our guy is in cutscenes, or when we choose an option, it's not what we meant. I really hate the games where I don't have direct control over things, and can only provide objectives (except Majesty, I love that game).

Basically, any time my character dies because of their own stupidity, I shout at my screen like the world's least sympathetic "support" character.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I have at least 2 come to mind by impulse.

First, Wikus van de Merve from District 9. He grabs an item clearly knows he's not supposed to, and as a consequence
begins to transform into an alien himself
, which involves sees his fingernails getting pulled out and vomiting black goop and what does he do instead of, you know, MAYBE GOING TO A HOSPITAL??? He goes home, thinking "oh, maybe the rest of the day off work will sort this out". What a fucking idiot. I hated him for the entire movie.

Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. The most spineless, annoying, whiny, weak, inept, stupidest twat in the entire universe. For the whole series he never grows as a character and never points out any of the problems he might have getting (figuratively) REPEATEDLY ARSE-RAPED BY BUILDING-SIZED APOCALYPSE MONSTERS to anyone. Would it really hurt him to just, you know, say "Hey, I just saved humanity for about the 8th time and I might be just a little tense about it, so cut me a break".

Actually I could nominate pretty much the entire cast of that series, being the bunch of self-centered, unsympathetic sociopaths they all are.

Many, many characters from Prometheus (I enjoyed it overall, but the script was a load of ebola-infested horseshit). Why does that geologist guy suddenly get so pissed off and goes away on his own in an unfamiliar and possibly hostile environment? Why was the male love interest (whom I hated beyond comprehension) so disappointed despite having made the greatest discovery in the history of history? Because he "wanted to talk to them"? What a stupid twat.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Batman, so you cought Joker once gain after he killed a bunch of people again, now lock him up until the next time and repeat. Or any comic book hero who thinks that letting a homicidal maniac live is a good idea, even after 5th time he escapes and does the same shit that he always does. Probably the reason i was never interested in comics.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Quite recently actually, in the new Spiderman movie.

when

Peter gives DR.Connors the equation to complete the cross-genetics formula

Didn't exactly shout, but in my head i was screaming!

Hjalmar Fryklund

May 22, 2008
Off the top of my head I am thinking about a specific moment in Ace Attorney Investigations where the main character, Miles Edgeworth, deduces that a criminal escaped through a secret door from one room to another, one of which Edgeworth is standing in at that moment. He then later confronts said criminal about this, and proceeds to explain his deductions to this person. However, he eventually runs into a wall when he realizes that he lacks the evidence to prove that the criminal actually used the secret door. He fixes the problem by sending his subordinate to the room the criminal escaped to in order to collect some evidence that Edgeworth deduced the presence of there.

Thing is though, that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place! Rather going about it in a roundabout fashion, he could have just gone there much earlier, collected the items and kept them as his trump card. He was standing in the room next to it, for Pete´s sake! A half-a-minute-walk to the next room and BAM! You got the evidence! Would have saved his subordinate the much longer run later on.

This might look like I am making a mountain out of a molehill here, but keep in mind that Edgeworth has repeatedly belittled his fellow co-workers/companions (both verbally and to himself) for not being smart enough and the like. In context of that, he not only looks foolish but quite hypocritical too, seeing as he doesn't berate himself for it either.

Shame on you, Edgeworth!

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
kamille mobile suit zeta gundam. I swear to god he says this"Killing poeple is bad!" (thats both in dub and sub)and he says that right before he kills like 10 people........

harry potter. Lets face it everyone must have had this thought at one point, well the wizards dont really know anything about normal people so why dont they just steal a gun and shoot the death eatters?! or hell use a knife? (i know kids book but they never really explained why that wasnt an option)

ANY movie or anime were the hero can just say "fuck you im going home!" and the bad guy is screwed.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Will Smith's character in I Am Legend. All very noble sacrificing yourself for the women and child, however I'm sure having you and the cure together would have a lot more useful to the scientists who will now be working on mass producing it. Making your life alot more valuable in the grand scheme of things. I imagine the scientists will have had to spend alot of time reverse engineering the cure in order to recreate it, where as if he was still alive they could probably started mass producing the cure right away. Maybe a little picky but that has always bug me in that film.
Allow me to put your mind at ease, then, good sir. That ending was not originally supposed to be in the film. The original ending actually makes much more sense. Originally, the zombie/vampire things banging on the glass were actually revealed to be intelligent, something the film had hinted at throughout its length. You would know this because the leader of the group walks up to the glass and traces a butterfly on the glass, indicating the butterfly tattoo on the girl's arm. It turns out, they don't want to be cured (being intelligent, they know that they have a condition, but would therefore stay that way by choice), so Will Smith releases the girl he captured, and the three are allowed to go freely. The last shot shows the three of them (Will Smith, the woman, and the kid) driving over the last bridge left standing on Long Island, which also makes more sense, because it tells the viewer there was one bridge left, which was where the girl and the kid came form in the first place.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
I gotta say, all of you people who keep saying Batman is an idiot for not killing the Joker REALLY need to reevaluate your thoughts on the character. Batman could very easily become the very monsters he's constantly fighting. He's AWARE of this, and so is constantly trying to avoid anything that could tempt him down the slope.

No, the REAL idiots here is the Gotham Court system. They've seen what Batman's regulars do, and yet they just keep sending them to Arkham rather than the zappy chairs. Seriously, what kind of lawyers do those nutjobs HAVE!?

Vegan_Doodler

May 29, 2011
SkellgrimOrDave said:
Hello escapees, I'm here to vent about various characters in film we're supposed to side with and ultimately end up hating, it can be one thing, it can be the entire way they do things, or it can just be them.

First, it's the dumb love interest from X-men Origins:Wolverine. (I know, shitty film), for the one last thing she does. She has the bad guy, someone who has shown himself to be willing to kill, hire others to kill, control others with various means to kill, to turn a cheery man into an expriment that required the kidnapping of children and adults, and the forced extraction of their powers, and then ruining someone's life forver. She has this bastard under her control, gets him to stick his gun to his throat...... and makes him walk off.

What
The
Fuck.

Apparantly this would make her "just as bad as him."

No.
No it wouldn't.

You would be killing him, a man who is responsible for the deaths of many, the trauma of more, is going to cause many more problems and deaths for everyone years later, is a borderline genocidal maniac for whom the end justifies the means,and the end is pretty fucking bleak, and you think making him blowing his brains out will make you just as bad as him?

Clearly her brain was damaged.
Things like this really bug me, I get the whole taking the moral high ground thing but with comic book characters it is just a bit hard to take seriously some times. I while back I read X-men: Second Coming, near the end the x-men find out that Cyclops has been sending out a team of assassins (X-force) lead by wolverine to kill key anti-mutant figures, and they give him a fucking lecture about how he is just as bad as them now, the guy, for the most part single handedly ensures the survival of their species and they lecture him, WHAT THE HELL!

The other thing I don't get is when a super hero will sacrifice themselves for any random person on the street, I personally would think if they where to live longer they can save more lives, thus for the time being, Batman's life is more valuable than little Timmy's.