Heroes you yelled "YOU IDIOT!" at.

Nightwolf214

Oct 12, 2011
I could probably state a million different examples, but the one I'll use is Merrill from Dragon Age 2. To sum it up to this point, Blood Magic is seen as evil, corrupting, and involves demons, and 99.9% of the time, shit ends up going wrong in any deal with Blood Magic in it; and seeing and knowing all this, Merrill WILLINGLY makes a deal with a demon to try and restore the elves to their former standards. The Keeper (leader) of the clan ends up saving her retarded ass by absorbing the demon, leading to you fighting her. After the fight, you leave the cave and her entire clan blames you and hates you for killing the keeper, and you have to fight and kill every single one of them.

Congratulations Merrill, you just lost all of your friends and family because you're a retarded *****!

(Oh, and as far as I've played the game (on my third playthrough now) this is COMPLETELY UNAVOIDABLE.)

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Nightwolf214 said:
I could probably state a million different examples, but the one I'll use is Merrill from Dragon Age 2. To sum it up to this point, Blood Magic is seen as evil, corrupting, and involves demons, and 99.9% of the time, shit ends up going wrong in any deal with Blood Magic in it; and seeing and knowing all this, Merrill WILLINGLY makes a deal with a demon to try and restore the elves to their former standards. The Keeper (leader) of the clan ends up saving her retarded ass by absorbing the demon, leading to you fighting her. After the fight, you leave the cave and her entire clan blames you and hates you for killing the keeper, and you have to fight and kill every single one of them.

Congratulations Merrill, you just lost all of your friends and family because you're a retarded *****!

(Oh, and as far as I've played the game (on my third playthrough now) this is COMPLETELY UNAVOIDABLE.)
To be fair, it's not like the Keeper herself did any better with the whole situation.

"I shall go fourth and get possessed by a monster to save Merril, but I will tell no one that I am doing this. This is a good plan!"

And that's just the worst one. I could bring up others if you want.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
UncleUlty said:
Man, I haven't seen Slayers in fucking forever. I guess the rest of the weekend just filled up.

OT: Almost everyone in Game of Thrones at least once. It seems like everyone in that show is (so far) either A, painfully stupid (at times); B, so far absolutely useless (even if interesting); or C, a vicious **** (this is the most common).

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
Im honestly surprised that Emiya Shirou hasn't been brought up, and no, im not talking about his suicidal tendencies, that is fully explainable...

What im refering to is A) his furious denial that Shinji isn't a complete monster and is obviously behind a certain bounded field(trying to avoid too many spoilers) and
B) his meetings with Illya in the park during the fate route, i mean SHE's BESERKER'S MASTER AND TRIED TO KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU MEETING HER BY YOURSELF YOU MORON??? he totally deserved to get his dopey ass kidnapped...

So.. whenever the plot railroads me into meeting someone in the fate route, I keep waiting for the option to not go alone that never comes, dammit shirou~

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
targren said:
GO HOME. You do more damage on your quests than you help. It only SEEMS like you're doing good because you're fixing what you broke in the first place!
Not to nitpick (but this totally is nitpicking), but in FF9 I believe Zidane did go home, or at least find the rest of his crazy monkey-tailed race. The theater in Lindblum was pretty much fubar, and the world was doing a neat amount of blowing itself up without them.

However, if you count Garnet as the lead instead of Zidane, then everything you said is pretty darn correct, creepy stepmom/queen stealing magic from your body and using it for war on places without any real reason other than to expand the empire as if it were Braun's fat ass at a buffet.

OT: Discarding all the heroes who were written to be idiots, morons, thoughtfully ill-equipped, or just plain absent-minded, I would have to say I said this a lot to Kratos from God of War, Every non-Goku Saiyan ever, and Randel Oland from Pumpkin Scissors because he couldn't see his own worth under his emotional baggage.

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
Well, i agree with every character that has ever chosen personal morality over the greater good. That is just, crippling retarded.

However, the last time i literally screamed at my T.V was during my re-watching of the entire Buffy the vampire slayer series. When in the later seasons Giles keeps on trying to leave. I just got so mad because Buffy needs him as a support option and he leaves the people who use and need him as a parental figure since none of them have any and he is constantly going on about not being needed, when although in the battles he isn't physically mentally and emotionally he is a cornerstone for the entirety of the cast. It just, so annoying when he started thinking like that.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Not a main hero, but this kid from Under the Dome. You know the one if you've read it. But if you haven't, I won't spoil.

Ashadow700

Jun 28, 2010
It seems no one has picked him yet, so I will just say one name.

Eragon.

I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
4thhokage528 said:
DEFINETLY CAPTAIN america in the avengers film he kept trying to piss of iron man and was a nagging retard when id had enough of his bull i lterally shouted shut up you douche!
Welcome to the Escapist, stay out of the Basement

I like Captain America in the Avengers, it was fun to see someone from the 40s living in modern times. The reason he clashed with Iron Man was because the two are very different people and in my opinion the conflict added to the characters. But w/e to each there own.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Obviously Adam fucking Jensen and falling for that chick. I was all like "YOU FLIPPING GULLIBLE IDIOT".

Also, honourable mention for Shepard: citadel, first Kai Leng encounter.
1. Shepard fires at Leng when he has a barrier up. Then, when Leng casually walks to his car, Shepard just stares at him
2. Leng and Phantoms are in the elevator, door is closing.
Does Shepard throw a 'nade? No.
Does he shoot the fuckers? Hell no.
HE CHARGES HEAD ON, ONLY WITH HIS PISTOL AGAINST FOUR KATANA-WEILDING-JEDI-NINJAS AND A GUY WITH A FLAMETHROWER GLOVE. GOOD.FUCKING.LUCK.

Another honourable mention for Thane. I like that guy, really. I was sorry he was going to die, but HE FUCKING IMPALED HIMFUCKINGSELF on a fucking katana.

I mean, Leng is all like "Bring it on, *****" with his lame sword, and Thane, HOLDING A PISTOL IN HIS HAND... charges on. The fuck.did you do.stupid.*****.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Nowe in Drakengard 2- The guy has absolutely no idea about ANYTHING in his own world and willingly tags along with a woman who seeks to break the seals of the world (An action, which everyone tells him on a number of occasions, will spell TERRIBLE things for said world). Granted, the leader of the Knights of the Seal is a total douche whose motivation for wanting Nowe dead is....flimsy at best. But, all this could have been solved if Nowe went to the Hierarch and freaking SAID the guy in charge has some screws loose. Probably would have helped save him alot of pain if he told his best friend that Gismor was kind of a douche and wanted him dead but...NOPE! Gotta go break the seals with a woman i know absolutely zilch about and who for all i know could be a terrible person hellbent on bringing about Armageddon (Hint: She is).
And then Nowe causes the end of the world because...he's Nowe.

When a game has me siding with a mute, psychotic swordsman whose literally an enemy to all living things instead of it's protagonist...that games protagonist has completely and utterly failed.

CODE-D said:
His name is Kakarot but you people call him Goku.
...So does that make me Ginyu?

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Demongeneral109 said:
Im honestly surprised that Emiya Shirou hasn't been brought up, and no, im not talking about his suicidal tendencies, that is fully explainable...

What im refering to is A) his furious denial that Shinji isn't a complete monster and is obviously behind a certain bounded field(trying to avoid too many spoilers) and
B) his meetings with Illya in the park during the fate route, i mean SHE's BESERKER'S MASTER AND TRIED TO KILL YOU, WHY ARE YOU MEETING HER BY YOURSELF YOU MORON??? he totally deserved to get his dopey ass kidnapped...

So.. whenever the plot railroads me into meeting someone in the fate route, I keep waiting for the option to not go alone that never comes, dammit shirou~
I actually did think about him in my last response though I forgot his name. But also, I was referencing the anime version of himself. I've not seen those visual novels. Watched the whole anime before I knew they existed.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Vault101 said:
hmm

a certain scene in Mass Effect 3 I said "what the fuck are you doing shepard!?" literally..out loud
Which one?!?!?

Nightwolf214 said:

you can avoid killing the entire clan... I can't remember how, but I managed to talk my way out of it on my first playthrough, (2nd playthrough I was a git so i wanted to kill them all)

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
I recently got talked into watching Nazo no Kanojo X (Mysterious Girlfriend X) of all things... and I wanted to yell at a few of the characters. But, as this thread specifies "Heroes" then I'll limit my rambling to Akira. Sure, Urabe and arguably Oka are also major protagonists, but Akira is such a dunce that I need to call him out over all the other proagonists I could choose to single out from other shows, whereas Urabe and Oka were just more facepalmy moments.

So in the first episode, Akira confesses how he feels to urabe by pulling a photo he had of the girl he liked in middle school and tearing it up. Why? Because he doesn't even think about her anymore now that he's in love with Urabe. Seems like a decent enough idea, except, for you know, Urbae knowing the FACE AND NAME of who he used to like, for the sake of jealousy.

A few episodes later, the old crush runs into Akira on a bridge as he waits for Urabe. Seeing this, Urabe hides so overhear but not interrupt. After some smalltalk, the crush invites Akira out for coffee, which he refuses because he's waiting for someone. After she leaves, he realizes his girlfriend is ducking behind the corner of the bridge. So they walk home together, and she says something about how, "If he went with her, she wouldn't be upset, she'd be unbearably sad." And after he cheers her up about it, the episode ends, and he's really happy he didn't go with his old crush.

BUT! A few episodes later, the crush shows up again on a weekend while he's just killing time, so the two sit down to talk. She always knew he liked her, and just got dumped, so she was looking for a little cheering up. And then she learns of Akira's girlfriend and gets jealous. So what does she do? The scheming *****, pardon my language, ends up using makeup to make Akira think her ex was beating her, makes him agree to pose as her boyfriend for the day, and then goes and invites his girlfriend on the grounds of "your boyfriend will be there and you'll learn something interesting."

But no. Urabe doesn't fall for her taunt right away. She does the SMART thing. She asks Akira about it. BUT! Because she was jealous, she didn't say "this is what she said, is it true?" No, she just asked what his plans for Sunday were... which the idiot was suspicious about and hesitated while imagining an excuse. An excuse involving his best friend whose schedule Urabe would know due to her hanging out with HIS girlfriend.

Needless to say, I was so pissed off at Akira for letting things reach that stage that I skipped the next episode, since it was a "to be continued."

Sorryflip

Jul 9, 2012
game-lover said:
Demongeneral109 said:

I actually did think about him in my last response though I forgot his name. But also, I was referencing the anime version of himself. I've not seen those visual novels. Watched the whole anime before I knew they existed.
I noticed you did reference to him, it really frustrated me aswell. I mean really, is it so hard to use your brains? Or is your bloodstream focused on something else that you have to jump infront of the saber again and again and again just because she is a girl and girls cant protect themselves dont dare to imagine she'dd have to protect you? Get over yourself!
I mean I can understand why you wouldn't want anyone to put themselves on the line protecting you. But if you also have to be the person who puts him self on the line for others all the time and have to be the only person doing so, then you're just giving a whole new meaning to the word hypocrit.

Also heroes that are unintentionally written to suffer from borderline syndrome and can only see scenarios in black and white bother me like hell!

Anyways enough raging at fictional characters... : p

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
Nightwolf214 said:

Actually you can avoid killing the entire clan and I did so on my second play through where I had Fennris... I never got him on my first. I think the key is taking responsibility while having the right party http://guides.gamepressure.com/dragonageii/guide.asp?ID=11510.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
kasperbbs said:
Batman, so you cought Joker once gain after he killed a bunch of people again, now lock him up until the next time and repeat. Or any comic book hero who thinks that letting a homicidal maniac live is a good idea, even after 5th time he escapes and does the same shit that he always does. Probably the reason i was never interested in comics.
erttheking said:
Gonna have to go with Batman. I do respect him and really like the character as well as the movies that he's in but...for fuck's sake KILL THE JOKER! Are you really willing to let him kill hundreds and hundreds of people just so you can keep your little moral code? Would the Joker's five seconds of satisfaction really be that bad? And being forces to kill that guy isn't going to turn you into that physcopathic Primarch with the vigilant phase from 40k.
If the Joker needs to die so badly, why is it officially Batman's duty to do it? Surely it's the fault of the legal system for not executing him. I never got how anyone in the DC universe could blame him for not killing someone when he always leaves them captured and, quite frankly, easy to kill. You might as well blame the first police officer on the scene for not shooting the Joker while he's tied up.

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Joker needs to die. But you can see why someone wouldn't be very keen on crossing the line between letting the courts still decide what to do with a criminal and just deciding what needs to be done themselves.