He's Not Robin Hood: Get Ready for Arrow Season Three!

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
He's Not Robin Hood: Get Ready for Arrow Season Three!

Get ready for the third season of Arrow with our recap of the first two seasons!

Read Full Article

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
What started as a guilty pleasure turned into a legitimately good show by the end of season 1. The finale went in a completely different direction than I was expecting and was much better for it. Season 2 was a lot more consistent than season 1, but the finale didn't quite live up to the bar set by the first season's. My only big complaint about season 2 (besides the occasional bad episode *cough* Birds of Prey *cough*) is that Summer Glau was incredibly underutilized and her being in league with Slade felt forced.

Deathstroke has become one of my favourite TV villains. I loved Manu Bennett as Crixus (from another show that started as a guilty pleasure but turned into something pretty god), and he's just as awesome in Arrow.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I did not mind S1 but gave up about half way into S2. To me it just feels like a Batman rip off. Hell they keep using his bad guys.

I will admit however that they nailed Deathstroke. he was great.

But I hope people continue to enjoy the show. Plus it's sucsess has led to the creation of a Live action Flash so I will always be thankfull to Arror. I love the Flash.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Gizmo1990 said:
I did not mind S1 but gave up about half way into S2. To me it just feels like a Batman rip off. Hell they keep using his bad guys.
Yeah, he's basically a copy.

OT: It's gonna be a good ride. Slade is amazing, and I never really paid attention to him before. He's like a serious Deadpool, which is incredibly dangerous. I hope Ben or whatshisname who got struck by lightening comes back this season, they kind of left him in the wind.

I just discovered the show a month ago and marathonned it but I still don't remember where we left off, weird.

A little off topic, is Bates Motel scheduled for a third season?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Wooo! Season 3!

Only problem is... I am stuck abroad with poor internet connection. I am going to have to see when it starts in the UK and get my mum to record it... she loves it too!

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Wait, there's a Nyssa in this show? Obscure Whovian reference or complete chance? (Or is she played by Sarah Sutton?)

I only saw about an episode and a half of S1 (I couldn't get beyond the horribly shoved-in anti-texting PSA in the middle of the Glades destruction). Maybe it's better than I was giving it credit for.

Booklover13

Mar 10, 2014
Jim_Callahan said:
It's one of the reasons that it's so strange that the Green Arrow show has turned out reasonably well... in comics the character doesn't really to well in a vacuum, he's kind of a response to other characters mostly.
Actually you may have just hit on why to show is turning out well. Perhaps one of the reasons the show was meh in the beginning was the sole focus on Oliver. The show really starts to find its stride when he has the supporting cast to contrast him. As the show continues we see his identity get revealed to more and more people(Side Note: I really love how the supporting cast all finds out. I always hate shows that drag out the "but their friends don't know portion." The gradual widening of the circle was well timed.), each reveal gives him another person to play off of. Also they are playing him off himself with the island scenes, giving them more mileage.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Sabrestar said:
Wait, there's a Nyssa in this show? Obscure Whovian reference or complete chance? (Or is she played by Sarah Sutton?)

I only saw about an episode and a half of S1 (I couldn't get beyond the horribly shoved-in anti-texting PSA in the middle of the Glades destruction). Maybe it's better than I was giving it credit for.
The 1st half of season 1 ranges for "meh" to "sucks" so I don't blame you for not watching. I started watching in season 1, gave up, then tried again and once you get past the season 1 1/2 way point it slowly improves. Well worth trying again and if necessary fast forwarding/reading a recap of the 1st 10 or so episodes.

The amount Arrow improved from its 1st episode to the second season finale is the only reason I'm still checking out Agents of SHIELD in the desperate hope they'll pull off the same trick.

gxs

Apr 16, 2009
EHKOS said:
I hope Ben or whatshisname who got struck by lightening comes back this season, they kind of left him in the wind.
No they didn't. Barry Allen is actually the Flash (or is it The Flash) and he has his own show now that ties into the same universe. So yeah he probably will come back eventually as a guest but only for a show or two
(as did the Arrow in the first episode of The Flash)

anian

Sep 10, 2008
The show improved somewhat, but there's still a lot of soapy relations between characters plus now the whole cast basically knows he's the Arrow. Some action sequences are pretty nice, but the amount of times the plot of the episode is:
1. new bad guy appears
2. try to catch him/her and fail
3. try again but lose really badly
4. now we catch him/her because we got our head in the game
it's just lazy writing.

The trailer for 3rd season didn't show the main villain of the season as far as I can see...

Also the Flash crossover episode was really clunky (the one in Arrow series, I haven't watched the Flash series yet because everything in the trailer was so bad and cliche).

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Really psyched for the Malcolm/Thea stuff in Season 3. God, I love this show. One day to go!