Hey Everybody, It's the God of War III Sex Scene! *NSFW*

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
SakSak said:
When functioning with limited resources, if some of those resources are allocated to area A, how does this not lessen the potential max resources put to areas B, C and D?
Let me quote myself for once:
Bloodstain said:
"Because you got the pink wrapping and gold glitter, the console is not as good as it could have been!"
I'm pretty sure the game contains everything they wanted to implement. Even if said sex scene haven't been made, the game wouldn't be any better because they simply wouldn't have anything more to add to the game.
Probably, the creation of the scene didn't take very much time. In this short amount of time, it's unlikely that they could have created any more important plot-related content. I guess even if they could, they wouldn't (as I said, I'm sure they added everything that was to add).

Conclusion: They game wouldn't be any better (maybe even the opposite, as described in my former posts), it just would have been released a little bit earlier. I don't know how much time you need to create such a scene, but I doubt it's significantly long.
SakSak said:
And if the core product was greek mythology, Kratos would have been an antropomorfic personification instead of a spartan warrior and Ares would have not died at his hand and he would have never lifted his sword against Zeus.

The core product is an action-adventure video game about bathing in the blood of enemies with a plot about loss, adversity and achieving catharsis trough self-forgivness ; not ancient greek mythology.
Even then: In my opinion, it doesn't worsen the core product, it remains unharmed. By illustrating this I would merely repeat myself.

I somehow think this debate ended in deadlock.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Bloodstain said:
I somehow think this debate ended in deadlock.
So it would seem. I still hold that there is always something left to improve, and since time and resources were used to create the sex-scene, less time and resources were available to polishing off the other aspects of the game. As a result, the other aspects are less good than they could have been if the sex-scene hadn't been created.

"Even if said sex scene haven't been made, the game wouldn't be any better because they simply wouldn't have anything more to add to the game."

I am sure nothing major (or possible even minor) was left out because of it, but my point was that what was implemented, wasn't implemented as well as it might have been implemented. Just implementing something poorly, implementing something well enough and implementing something to the best degree possible should, in my mind, be differentiated.

As the end user of the product, I feel that as many things as possible should be implemented to the best degree possible, while as few things as possible should be implemented poorly.

If leaving out the sex scene would have brought any meaningful improvements is debateable, I admit to that, but I have been discussing this more from the perspective of the principle of this kind of practice. I as a user want the best possible price/quality ratio, and to me that sex scene added no quality while costing resources to create, hence leading to a poorer overall quality of the product (as those resources could have been used to improve meaningful areas of the game)

The fact that they simplified even more of greek mythology to do this, it felt pace-breaking and was only loosely tied to the plot simply adds more fuel to the flame.

Indeed, we are looking at this from two fundamentally different positions. You hold that the core game was not harmed by the scene and at worst the game was released slightly later than what it would have been. I hold that the game would not have been released any sooner and by not improving or adding to the core game, by virtue of existance alone the scene thus harms the game as it failed to achieve full potential (because limited resources and time was dedicated to it instead of other aspects).

At least, that's how I understand your position. Your Actuality vs my Potentiality.

I also understand that my position is not one many would take, and that it is debateable if there was any meaningful difference in quality caused by the sex scene.

But as I said, to me its more about the pricinple of things.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Ianasauras said:
@ Sak Sak:

Wow your so much better than us with your vast IQ and look how cool you are by distancing yourself from the rest of humanity.......

Is this what you were expecting us to say? Not happening mate.

Theres no harm in the game using this scene as a bit of comic relief and everyone loves boobage. Its win win!
Please read my posts to this entire thread before you begin borderline trolling me. I've clarified my original statement and the reasoning behind my position enough times already.

Yes, I get that people disagree with me. But as I put it in my latest post to Bloodstain (and believed (possibly erraneously) was clear enough in my posts before that) to me it's more about the principle of the thing.

Brief overview:

"The reason I'm griping about this is that it leads to a worse product than what it would have been without it and no one seems to give a damn because they are distracted by Teh Jubblies."

"I sometimes seriously fail to understand the general UHHH SHINY! syndrome my fellow gamers seem to have: to accept an inferior product or a product that isn't as good as it could have been, just to get some fan-service and gold glitter on the packaging."

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
I quite like how the preamble says that the vid is for mature audiences only and yet the scene didn't contain much by the way of showcasing mature and healthy sexual relationships. I mean, good lord, what mind conjured up that mad power fantasy anyway? This doesn't do much to dispel negative stereotypes people.

And I know the series has always been ultraviolent to begin with, and so maybe the maturity of the game wasn't a big priority from the start, but that scene really was tasteless.