hey final boss this is gonna be epic wait are you serious?

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
It may not be the final boss, but Guilty Spark from Halo 3.

As Yahtzee put it "The final boss is a wheelchair bound, cross eyed hobbit, and you have the BFG 9000".

I was like, the hell?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Why does the 'final boss' be the toughest enemy you'll face?
What is this, a jRPG from 1990?
Sometimes, the leader is the leader because he's the best leader, not because he can shoot death rays out of his eyes.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
believer258 said:
Learn some fucking grammar, OP
Thank you. I would've said that myself.

OT: I have a lot, but the first that comes to mind is Gears 2 and that giant thing that you just shoot at with a turret for a minute or two.

Nevergod

Feb 15, 2011
Looks like someone beat me to it with the Fable's, so i'd have to put Star Wars: Force Unleashed II up there, that is a pitiful end boss fight, and is roughly about 1/10th of the game (that's only because the game is terribly short) It's repetitive and boring, all the way through and there is zero challenge with Vader in the end

88chaz88

Jul 23, 2010
Denamic said:
Sometimes, the leader is the leader because he's the best leader, not because he can shoot death rays out of his eyes.
Because it's a game, not a story, and a game is meant to have a ascending difficulty curve. If the end challenge is easier than a dead hedgehog in a weighted sack then it failed at being a game. If jRPGs in '90 managed to accomplish this then they're better games than the current ones.

As for disappointing boss fights, Oblivion commits a game designing sin with a deus ex machina moment.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Bioshock - it was easy as hell, Big Daddys were harder to take down.

Mass Effect 2 - not so much easy as fucking stupid. Seriously BioWare that was the best you could come up with?

Resident Evil 4 - it had the same problem that Bioshock had, namely every other boss in the game was harder to take down then the final boss.

Skarvig

Jul 13, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Grandia 1

You fought a tough first form.

Than came the final form. It did nothing but buff/debuff.

>_>
Grandia 2
Nearly every boss before consisted of at least 2 targets while the last boss was just one person. There was no real tactics behind it, one or two people reset his charge bar and the third just hits with all he got. It was the first time I thought: "Wow, this was disappointing".

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Erja_Perttu said:
retrochimp said:
Final Fantasy X.
Bloody ninjas! I do however think this one needs reiterating. Two hits and the world was saved. Two hits. Urgh.
yu yevon lol.
pheonix down anyone? I really couldn't believe that xD

Denamic said:
I dunno I had this raid leader in WOW once and I bet he could shoot death rays out of his eyes. :<

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
believer258 said:
As for most disappointing, final boss, I would have to pin that on Halo 3's Gravemind. Wait, what do you mean, Believer? I mean that you didn't even get to see the big ugly bastard, you just saw his tentacles and heard his voice every now and then. You never get to actually fight him. The game was great, but I think it's a major disappointment that I didn't get to blast him to oblivion. He would have made a much better final boss than Guilty Spark.
Agreed. For me, 343 seemed more like a conclusion than a boss but it seemed disappointing we never got to fight the gravemind - the level cortana would have been a perfect opputunity.

chaosfalling

Jul 18, 2010
Shadowfaze said:
Beyond good and evil. REALLY, REALLY, annoying. They swap the controls around. It doesn't feel climactic, it just feels cheap
Arrrgh, that boss was a pain in the arse! Took me ages to realise how to prevent his overhead attacks, must have aged at least 10 years by the time I finally beat the bastard.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i found the boss of dragon age origins to be pretty easy. actually the entire last section of the game was really easy. its not like my team was overpowered but i didnt have to use any of the army i had built. once i got to the final boss i was ready for a long and massive battle that i would retry again and again before winning. beat it on the first try in under 10 minutes. i had way more trouble with flemeth.

the prototype boss was also a letdown. i had heard it was a really hard fight but i found it easy considering theres like an endless supply of health for you and when the countdown starts it only takes like 3 super attacks to kill him. also, after righting that massive boss is the street, this recycled boss is how we're going to end the game...really?

demon's souls. whats the point of having a final boss that doesnt even fight you and just kinda squirms around?

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
Final Fantasy 9, great game but the final boss was so random, just popped up out of nowhere after what should have been the final boss.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Oblivion. sort of like Fable 2 (you fight your way to the boss and then...) but in stead of having the option to kill him in a single hit or wait for someone else (Reaver) to do it, Martin walks in and does it for you. the boss fight is literally walking.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
InFamous 2, at least the good side one. It's pretty much the first fight in the game. Not hard at all and very anticlimactic.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Watson767 said:
Wet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoskYlh3mwg

that is the final boss. Srsly.
Wat. That's not a final boss, that's nothing REMOTELY like a final boss.

OT: I'm gonna be slightly trollish and say the "End Boss" of Riven. Not so tough now that you're trapped in eternal nothingness, huh!?